Tracks Autódromo do Estoril

Status
Not open for further replies.
SilvAfonso submitted a new resource:

Autódromo do Estoril - track

The Autódromo do Estoril (officially, Autódromo Fernanda Pires da Silva) is a motorsport race track in Portugal,
owned by state-run holding management company Parpública. Its length is 4.182 km (2.599 mi).
It was the home of the Formula One Portuguese Grand Prix from 1984 to 1996.
The capacity of the motorsport stadium is 45,000. The circuit has FIA Grade 1 license.
-
The Estoril circuit was built in 1972 on a rocky plateau near the village of Alcabideche...

Read more about this resource...

is this a step up version from Mitja's v0.62?
I think I made some extra cameras for both layouts, I'll check when I get home and PM you

Yes, in the future, but for now, we want you guys to drive Mitja's v0.6 and give us feedback (since its the latest version) so you guys help us improve the track while we work on other adjustments!

Last edited:
Hi, some things you could take care of:
Screenshot_rss_gtn_ferruccio_36_estoril_29-11-119-13-56-0.jpg
deformed pit men: AC_PIT_ objects scale is 0.845122 instead of 1.0 on all axes, this was a known problem on the previous version that was left untouched
Screenshot_rss_gtn_ferruccio_36_estoril_29-11-119-13-55-10.jpg
floating grass objects (many along parabólica, mostly mid to top grass blades)

Screenshot_dallara_f312_estoril_29-11-119-14-41-43.jpg
trimming of this texture with flowers, leaving obvious horizontal lines (edit: or bottom looping on top mapping?)

Thanks

PS: Do you have permissions from all involved in the creation of this track for release, not only Mitja but Nuno Lourenço ? IIRC for some reason it has been removed from RD before, it'd be a shame to see it go again.

Edit: I'll be updating this post for these small graphic issues

Last edited:
View attachment 336734
deformed pit men: AC_PIT_ objects scale is 0.845122 instead of 1.0 on all axes, this was a known problem on the previous version that was left untouched
View attachment 336735

View attachment 336742
trimming of this texture with flowers, leaving obvious horizontal lines

Thanks

PS: Do you have permissions from all involved in the creation of this track for release, not only Mitja but Nuno Lourenço ? IIRC for some reason it has been removed from RD before, it'd be a shame to see it go again.

Thank you for your feedback, we will fix that soon as possible! :inlove:

View attachment 336734
View attachment 336735

View attachment 336742
trimming of this texture with flowers, leaving obvious horizontal lines

Thanks

Just fixed all spawn objects for PIT, START and TIME finally :) Will be included in their next build.

There's also a small issue with static skidmarks not receiving car shadows (properly), irrc you've solved it on okayama after some kn5 separation and shader adjustments:
Screenshot_dallara_f312_estoril_29-11-119-15-1-20.jpg

Can't wait to get home to try this!

I'll just leave a possible suggestion here, if I may: I've been to Estoril quite a few times lately (work-related) and noticed it was re-paved with a nice, clean, dark tarmac sheet. What If we had that new tarmac in this mod, instead of the old, overused tarmac? I'll leave a pic I took, sry for bad quality.

Once again, just a suggestion. I love this track as well, and it would better match the reality of today :)

Cheers guys, great work!

2019-08-31 12.38.48.jpg

So yes we can implemeNt
Can't wait to get home to try this!

I'll just leave a possible suggestion here, if I may: I've been to Estoril quite a few times lately (work-related) and noticed it was re-paved with a nice, clean, dark tarmac sheet. What If we had that new tarmac in this mod, instead of the old, overused tarmac? I'll leave a pic I took, sry for bad quality.

Once again, just a suggestion. I love this track as well, and it would better match the reality of today :)

Cheers guys, great work!

View attachment 336759

What a great idea! We will search for more pictures around the track and match it in-game. Thank you for your feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%