Tracks Autódromo do Estoril 1.0 [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1587686612341.png

really? first there's no need to use Capital letters, it can make online to fail. 2nd why is it blue? like it's compressed or sth?

IIRC it's NTFS compression or something. I don't know if it's appropriate, but I've seen it in some tracks I've got sent.

I do wonder though, is this really a licensed port from a professional studio?

How much experience do you actually have in (track) modding?

Not trying to be a massive male reproduction body part, but like some other guys I wonder why you uploaded the version of Mitja again (although with permission from the original creator, but I guess you could have still let it to Mitja then?) when there were some clear things that could've been fixed if you were willing to spend a bit of time on it.

Your role so far and in the future (me and my team, yet you're asking for people willing to work with you) is a bit unclear?

I just implemented new side limits for original Estoril (no chicane layout), so AI won't crash in start/finish straight walls. Maybe I can upload it, if someone is interested? (or maybe upload fast_lane.ai and pit_lane.ai?).
AI still too slow in GT3 :( ...

(this also benefits those using NeckFX ou Real Head Movement as it does less strange things)

I just implemented new side limits for original Estoril (no chicane layout), so AI won't crash in start/finish straight walls. Maybe I can upload it, if someone is interested? (or maybe upload fast_lane.ai and pit_lane.ai?).

(this also benefits those using NeckFX ou Real Head Movement as it does less strange things)
Would be interested if you could at least share track limits for both layouts, as currently it's impossible to race the AI due to wall crashing when many cars are side by side. Thanks!

PS: And btw, for the OP: if possible you should keep folder and main kn5 name as just "estoril", and layout names like before. As there's no considerable change to the original track, users can keep previous lap records, distance ran, keep auto-download compatibility with the current grass fx config on github, older vaos and configs posted on discord etc.

Last edited:

Could you send me those files please? Thank you very much!

How much experience do you actually have in (track) modding?

Not trying to be a massive male reproduction body part, but like some other guys I wonder why you uploaded the version of Mitja again (although with permission from the original creator, but I guess you could have still let it to Mitja then?) when there were some clear things that could've been fixed if you were willing to spend a bit of time on it.

Your role so far and in the future (me and my team, yet you're asking for people willing to work with you) is a bit unclear?
So we had a team, but some members have choosen other projects and are busy right now, at the time i was looking for people cause i didnt have anyone to help me, like suggestions, track modifcations, etc...

Some things you might look at:

Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_autodromo_do_estoril_1-12-120-20-37-17.jpg
Floating grass blades on parabolica
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_autodromo_do_estoril_1-12-120-20-42-15.jpg
Some bushes completely in the air too, with their horizontal base looking uncanny at that position
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_autodromo_do_estoril_1-12-120-20-42-44.jpg
broken mapping for ground textures in this corner

There are many grass zones right next to the track than can behave like landmines if you are unfortunate enough to pass through them with some cars, sometimes toppling them over at low speeds.

Of course, the scaling of the pit guys, the lack of grass fx that you could simply re-use the one from "estoril" on github among other things, or maybe revert the track folder+etc to "estoril" as it's ever been. But at least you should avoid any capitalization on the track folder name, layouts (and probably its main kn5 too) as mentioned before.

And please, if you can't properly do your own, maybe at least contact KevinK63 for his ai sidelines if working properly.

Cheers

Last edited:
Some things you might look at:

View attachment 423776
Floating grass blades on parabolica
View attachment 423777
Some bushes completely in the air too, with their horizontal base looking uncanny at that position
View attachment 423778
broken mapping for ground textures in this corner

There are many grass zones right next to the track than can behave like landmines if you are unfortunate enough to pass through them with some cars, sometimes toppling them over at low speeds.

Of course, the scaling of the pit guys, the lack of grass fx that you could simply re-use the one from "estoril" on github among other things, or maybe revert the track folder+etc to "estoril" as it's ever been. But at least you should avoid any capitalization on the track folder name, layouts (and probably it's main kn5 too) as mentioned before.

And please, if you can't properly do your own, maybe at least contact KevinK63 for his ai sidelines if working properly.

Cheers

;)

Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_autodromo_do_estoril_2-11-120-0-20-0.jpg

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_autodromo_do_estoril_1-11-120-22-24-4.jpg

Screenshot_gt4_mclaren_570s_autodromo_do_estoril_1-11-120-21-19-18.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, nice to see old-lasting issues being addressed.
Forgot to mention, track marks don't receive shadows properly:
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_nd_autodromo_do_estoril_1-12-120-21-48-29.jpg
Usually the fake shadow under the car will darken them way more
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_nd_ks_brands_hatch_1-12-120-21-55-43.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%