Tracks Autódromo do Estoril 1.0 [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
SilvAfonso submitted a new resource:

Autodromo do Estoril 1.0 [WIP] - The Autódromo do Estoril is a motorsport race track in Portugal

About:
The Autódromo do Estoril (officially, Autódromo Fernanda Pires da Silva) is a motorsport race track in Portugal, built in 1972 on a rocky plateau near the village of Alcabideche, 9 km from the city of Estoril, the beach resort lending its name to the circuit.
It was the home of the Formula One Portuguese Grand Prix from 1984 to 1996. Throughout the years, Estoril has had numerous problems with safety, failing safety inspections on more than one occasion. After the death of...

Read more about this resource...

And you know that once again the paladins of rF2 will take it down once more... they can convert from laser scanned versions of ac and even mention in some threads where they are but not the oposite :p

isnt this like the third time this gets uploaded here ? whats different this time ? as much as i like ( and i do like Mitjas work ) why isnt him uploading a corrected version ?

So let me explain what happened… when Mitjas uploaded this converted map he didn't ask permission or gave any credits to the guys behind Image Space Incorporated, they never shut down this map but Mitjas decided he wouldn´t take any risks on being reported, so he removed it from Race department. We decided to not make the same mistakes, so we are working with Image Space Incorporated on making this 100% authentic.

And you know that once again the paladins of rF2 will take it down once more... they can convert from laser scanned versions of ac and even mention in some threads where they are but not the oposite :p

That's a good conspiracy, maybe you should write a book! Jokes aside, why would they get their hands dirty when we can do that by ourselves? Plus you are Portuguese why aren't you supporting this or offering help, instead of giving hate to this project?

I give all my support, its just that ive seen this in the past, if all is legal and cool the better , carry on...there are issues with both the dwarfs on pit and with grid slots. thats it

That's a good conspiracy, maybe you should write a book! Jokes aside, why would they get their hands dirty when we can do that by ourselves? Plus you are Portuguese why aren't you supporting this or offering help, instead of giving hate to this project?

Ive seen the discussions, here in RD, and ive seen people comparing not only the 3D layout as also some dummies with Gjon Kamal face on the AC track... but as i said if all is legal now..GREAT !!

Good luck sorting permissions, so we can have a definite Estoril on RD.

Please change the scale of AC_PIT_* objects to 1 on all axes (instead of 0.845122) to avoid the distorted pit crew, as this upload remains unchanged from the previous and it's an easy fix.
Not sure if having capitalized chars on paths is a good idea, as you never see it on ac mod tracks.

You say you are working on updating the track, great. Why did you upload the exact same copy that Mitja left. just with renamed files??? A simple post to say you're working on it would do. When do you expect your first update to be? Can I make a quick suggestion for your first update, it's a small one; keep the naming of the folder lower case. I and many others who use Content Manager need them to be lower case in order for stats to be recorded.

I now have 2 identical tracks in 2 different folders.

I really hope you are genuine as this really does need some love, it's just a bit confusing as to why you uploaded a completely unchanged version. :cautious:

Good luck sorting permissions, so we can have a definite Estoril on RD.

Please change the scale of AC_PIT_* objects to 1 on all axes (instead of 0.845122) to avoid the distorted pit crew, as this upload remains unchanged from the previous and it's an easy fix.
Not sure if having capitalized chars on paths is a good idea, as you never see it on ac mod tracks.

In the next update that is fixed, thanks for helping!

You say you are working on updating the track, great. Why did you upload the exact same copy that Mitja left. just with renamed files??? A simple post to say you're working on it would do. When do you expect your first update to be? Can I make a quick suggestion for your first update, it's a small one; keep the naming of the folder lower case. I and many others who use Content Manager need them to be lower case in order for stats to be recorded.

I now have 2 identical tracks in 2 different folders.

I really hope you are genuine as this really does need some love, it's just a bit confusing as to why you uploaded a completely unchanged version. :cautious:

This is a nice comment! So the map is now WIP, which means Work In Progress. We uploaded the 1.0V so people can now download the map and give us feedback, so we can fix everything in time of the 2.0V. Me and my team are very excited to make this project happen, but we need your help!

Google seems to disagree. Do you know who it is if not ISI?

Since Mitjas couldn't prove who's this track was we had to search for clues, for example, 3D, where the locations of most objects are in the same place like in the RF2 map. So I'm pretty sure this track is converted from RF2...

Last edited:
This is a nice comment! So the map is now WIP, which means Work In Progress. We uploaded the 1.0V so people can now download the map and give us feedback, so we can fix everything in time of the 2.0V. Me and my team are very excited to make this project happen, but we need your help!
I didn't intend to come across as rude or negative, I just suppose my opinion is reflecting a lot of others. If everything is above board (legal) then I wish you the best of luck! Shout out what you need help with, plenty of people will step in :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back