Brakes

Brake Pressure: 95%
Front Brake Bias: 56%

Tyre Pressures

Front Tyre Pressure: 21.0
Rear Tyre Pressure: 19.5

Weight Distribution
Ballast: 6

Notes: Figuring out tyre wear for this track took a very long time. Once I had, I found it to be so good I could run longer than anyone else. Turn 7 & 8 eat your tyres the most, so learn how to get through them as cleanly as possible, even if it means sacrificing time. Was a race winning setup in the end, which I'm proud of as it's certainly not one of my favourite circuits.

Car
Dauber

Circuit
Australia

Condition
Quail dry/ race wet late

Distance

Tyre Type
S

Fuel Load

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle:3
Rear Wing Angle:6

Differential
On throttle:95
Off throttle:80

Suspension Geometry
Front Camber:-2.50
Rear Camber:-1.00
Front Toe: .05
Rear Toe: .20

Suspension
Front Suspension: 2
Rear Suspension: 2
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 6
Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 5

Brakes

Brake Pressure: 89
Front Brake Bias: 53

Tyre Pressures

Front Tyre Pressure: 23.0
Rear Tyre Pressure: 20.7

Weight Distribution
Ballast: 8

Notes
Started my career with toro rosso running Mr.dunns set up I qualed at 1:26:910. I did not like my difficulty setting since that got me the pole so easily. So naturally I restarted with Sauber for more of a challenge. I also did some research and messed around doing my own set up. I am sure there can be more time that can be pulled out of it by adjusting the wings or Tyre pressure assists and of course a more experienced driver. I ended up qualing at 1:26.686. This set up to me feels more understeer vs oversteer which is more of my driving style. I do run assist and cornering aide as I gain more experience I do plan on removing it and hopefully getting faster but for now since this is my first go building setups and getting familiar with tracks is the priority.

Also side note this set up feels good on tyre wear for me I will provide an update when I finish my race but in practice it felt balanced.

I have not started my race yet because I am researching what changes I can make on the fly for when the rain comes late in the race. Suggestions are welcomed...

Also here is a video for my fellow noobs who are trying to figure out your arse from your elbow.

Car
Dauber

Circuit
Australia

Condition
Quail dry/ race wet late

Distance

Tyre Type
S

Fuel Load

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle:3
Rear Wing Angle:6

Differential
On throttle:95
Off throttle:80

Suspension Geometry
Front Camber:-2.50
Rear Camber:-1.00
Front Toe: .05
Rear Toe: .20

Suspension
Front Suspension: 2
Rear Suspension: 2
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 6
Front Ride Height: 3

Brakes

Brake Pressure: 89
Front Brake Bias: 53

Tyre Pressures

Front Tyre Pressure: 23.0
Rear Tyre Pressure: 20.7

Weight Distribution
Ballast: 8

Notes
Started my career with toro rosso running Mr.dunns set up I qualed at 1:26:910. I did not like my difficulty setting since that got me the pole so easily. So naturally I restarted with Sauber for more of a challenge. I also did some research and messed around doing my own set up. I am sure there can be more time that can be pulled out of it by adjusting the wings or Tyre pressure assists and of course a more experienced driver. I ended up qualing at 1:26.686. This set up to me feels more understeer vs oversteer which is more of my driving style. I do run assist and cornering aide as I gain more experience I do plan on removing it and hopefully getting faster but for now since this is my first go building setups and getting familiar with tracks is the priority.

Also side note this set up feels good on tyre wear for me I will provide an update when I finish my race but in practice it felt balanced.

I have not started my race yet because I am researching what changes I can make on the fly for when the rain comes late in the race. Suggestions are welcomed...

Also here is a video for my fellow noobs who are trying to figure out your arse from your elbow.

*Sauber

Car
Williams

Condition
Dry

Distance
100%

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 5
Rear Wing Angle: 6

Differential
On throttle: 70%
Off throttle: 60%

Suspension Geometry
Front Camber: -2.70
Rear Camber: -1.00
Front Toe: 0.05
Rear Toe: 0.20

Suspension
Front Suspension: 1
Rear Suspension: 1
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 1
Front Ride Height: 5

Brakes

Brake Pressure: 95%
Front Brake Bias: 56%

Tyre Pressures

Front Tyre Pressure: 21.0
Rear Tyre Pressure: 19.5

Weight Distribution
Ballast: 6

Notes: Figuring out tyre wear for this track took a very long time. Once I had, I found it to be so good I could run longer than anyone else. Turn 7 & 8 eat your tyres the most, so learn how to get through them as cleanly as possible, even if it means sacrificing time. Was a race winning setup in the end, which I'm proud of as it's certainly not one of my favourite circuits.

Kyle, sir, you are a genius. I've been using your setups from F1 2011 if I recall correctly, as they fit my driving style, and in my opinion you're one of the best setup makers out there. But with this one, you've brought it to another level. The grip is outstanding, and balance is just perfect, the car just feels so planted to the ground. I had literally zero problems with driving - no lockups under braking, no understeer while entering the corners, no wheelspin or oversteer on exits. The balance was just great, and I was able to push pretty damn hard through whole race with lots of confidence. And all of comes with low tyre wear. Excellent work, brilliant setup. Bravo!!

Thanks Grish. I stopped playing the game for a long time, as I had other things to finish off. There's some setups I did not post, which I should be able to share really soon. I still want to finish the season if I can.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%