Australian tracks for Race 07

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff member
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
Does somebody know which legal conversions of Aussie tracks are available for RACE 07?

Sven De Nys

3000RPM
Dec 29, 2006
Euhm Melbourne I think, I have it installed but not sure if it's legal... (Was used in one of the first FD series race on RSC)

Warren Dawes

10000RPM
Premium
Mar 1, 2007
Only two tracks available so far.
Melbourne
Surfers Paradise (fairly new and quite good too.)

I want Bathurst (pleeeeeaaaaassse)

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff member
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
Yeah Bathurst would be awesome indeed... Havent read anywhere that a conversion is planned :cool:

Warren Dawes

10000RPM
Premium
Mar 1, 2007
Bram Hengeveld said:
Yeah Bathurst would be awesome indeed... Havent read anywhere that a conversion is planned :cool:
I have read that someone has been doing it (or has done it) but it is not considered a legal conversion (awaiting approvals) because it's done from the Codemasters track.

I think that conversion approval is the main problem with most of the Aussie tracks.

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff member
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
Yes Codemaster still holds the license for the V8 supercars. Too bad that codemasters isnt interested in building real racing games. Could be even a bigger hit then WTCC to have those cars scratch build by SimBin

Warren Dawes

10000RPM
Premium
Mar 1, 2007
Bram Hengeveld said:
Yes Codemaster still holds the license for the V8 supercars. Too bad that codemasters isnt interested in building real racing games. Could be even a bigger hit then WTCC to have those cars scratch build by SimBin
Yep, real shame.
I could almost guarantee that a V8 Supercar addition to Race 07 would be a huge hit in Aus and NZ, and probably all over the world.

Oh well! I can only dream about it. In the meantime, everybody over here has to make do with rFactor V8 Mod or GTR2 mods.
I don't think Codemasters will ever make a descent V8 Supercar game, and I'm sure they are now only interested in console games anyway.
What a waste of a great license.

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff member
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
I tested Surfers Paradise for RACE 07 and that one was pretty ok :)

Brad Fulton

10RPM
Feb 28, 2008
V8 Supercars/Oz Tracks

Yep, real shame.
I could almost guarantee that a V8 Supercar addition to Race 07 would be a huge hit in Aus and NZ, and probably all over the world.

Oh well! I can only dream about it. In the meantime, everybody over here has to make do with rFactor V8 Mod or GTR2 mods.
I don't think Codemasters will ever make a descent V8 Supercar game, and I'm sure they are now only interested in console games anyway.
What a waste of a great license.
Trust me, Mates, V8 Supercars would hit it BIG here in the States.... It's what keeps me sane during the winter. It's about the only decent r/r series the Nascar (excuse me- The SPEED) network televises..... I'M also dying to run Bathurst in Race 07

REAL racing also involves turning RIGHT