Australian Race series.

• Thread starter Darren Jason O'Brien
  • Start date
D

Darren Jason O'Brien

• Darren Jason O'Brien

Is there any Racing Series or Events for drivers in Australia for Australian Racers, most of the races are at 19:00 DST which makes it 5am in Australia so impossable to race except w/ends if you want to get up early.

Id like to start a Aussie race series in V8Supercars with a few Aussie Tracks , Homebush, Gold Coast, Bathurst, Mallala, Hamilton NZ and mayb a few International ones thrown in if its easy to do and if enough show any interest.. Im thinking of doing a Race each week, with Practice, Qual, Race either 2 races at 15-20 laps or 1 med size race at 30 laps with a comp Pit stop. just throwing ideas around

Where do u go to make up a race, is it done through the Game menu.

Id like to get Min 15 Max 30, If your Interested reply to this thread and lets see numbers at first and where to go from there..

Any help would be great..

Thanx

Darren

Hi there Darren,

I would be keen on a Sunday night series that the Practice Session started around 8:30GMT and the Race at 9:30GMT (10.30pm NZ time) for an hour or two of racing...

Also, I made the V8SC cars for Race07, so this is of much interest for me :)

I would even go to the point of running the series...

[kath&kim]Noice.[/kath&kim] :)

I could make that time zone starting mid-november...

Sounds good to me!

I'm not thinking a League, but would hope to still get a good regular following, and there is the bonus that it's a Sunday morning race for those in UK/EU, so still doable for good fields of racers. I like the idea of 2 shorter races one week and then a single longer race the next...

• Darren Jason O'Brien

Hey Guys,

Sounds like some good Ideas there, I think the real problem is when and what time do you run the race so all of us around the World can get on there and run together.

But good to see some interest there, its Nooice Different Unusual

I would love to join, brisbane boy, any time is good
Sorry but I am not complitly sure if you are commenting on my post or not but if you want to join PrestoGP - Pacific Series then go to the following link that will get you to a topic were all the drivers sign up on.
Link: http://www.racedepartment.com/prestogp-pacific-series/57767-pgp-ps-season-7-sign-ups-open.html

Feel free to ask as many friends of your that sim-race to also sign up for PrestoGP - Pacific Series.

The best time slot, that used to be packed to overflow was the Sunday morning EU WTCC racing slot. It works for New Zealand and Australia very well, but also not too early for the UK -> GMT+1/+2 Euros. That format looks like this for those not racing them yet (Modified to suit this series idea):

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM V8SC
Required RACE 07 expansions: None
Class: V8SC 2001
Track: FVR Gold Coast WIP 4.2
Practice: 8:30 GMT
Qualification: 9:00 GMT
Warm-up: 9:15 GMT
Race: 9:20 GMT 2x15 Laps
Password: click here

6 months ago or so, this timeslot on Sundays used to have up to 5 or 6 reserves waiting to join, but then the club racing format got changed and we lost many racers. Now the format is back to ~ what we had before.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back