Australian Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Australian Grand Prix Driver of the Day.jpg

Voting is open for the RaceDepartment Driver of the Day from the 2019 season opening Australian Grand Prix.

The first race of the season is complete, some drivers have conquered the circuit and their rivals, some have fallen foul of first race over enthusiasm and some have plain under performed at the Australian Grand Prix - but who do you think performed the best?

The 'Driver of the Day' vote for the Australian Grand Prix is open now!

For news, discussion and community, all with a overarching theme of Grand Prix racing - head over to the Formula One sub forum and get yourself involved.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Merc has a new #1 driver! Lewis trying to play that poker face again, but not this time. Total disappointment from the defending WC!

Lance Stroll of course. The last driver with personality in the grid. He goes around driving his toy with not a worry in the world. He might be the Alfred E. Neuman reincarnation.

• Deleted member 205301

My heart votes for Max (duh...) my brains for Bottas.
So voted Bottas. Well deserved!
Exactly the same^^
Must say Stroll and hulk did very well too (and k-mag was solid) ...yeah, I like all drivers^^
@++

Ferrari made the right choice NOT pulling LeClerc in for fresh tires at the end for the fastest lap attempt. Ferrari was so off the pace it was embarrassing and would have been even more so if with fresh tires and light fuel he could not set the fastest lap.
As a red car fan, I'm suddenly not very excited 'bout this season..
oh, Botas.

• Deleted member 205301

..starting p17 with **** tyres....

No doubt... Bottas.:thumbsup: Let’ hope he is allowed to race Lewis this year, and we may see the new Bottas we have seen in this race.
The overtake of the race was for Max on Sebastian. We already see the difference between the Honda and Renault engine here. First podium for a Honda engine in the V6 era. I think we can conclude it is no ‘GP2 engine’ anymore!:D

Call me crazy but I voted for Stroll, yes that rich, spoiled kid. I must say I was impressed how solid and consistent he was during this race.
It's almost like Daddy's money has allowed a talented driver to reach Formula 1 and given him a chance at a decent race seat.

Bottas was great but don't get carried away he was literally awful last year couldn't keep pace with Hamilton. I expect Hamilton to win the next race and the following one this is an early kick up the ass.

Bottas...without doubt.
I've always liked this kid.
He absolutely deserved this win today...drove exceptionally well.
I felt bad for him, but understood the logic when he was asked to move aside in Russia last season.
I was again gutted for him when his tire got cut-down by debris while cruising to victory.
All the talk about whether he should be replaced was answered today.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 224 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 156 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 152 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 217 14.2%