F1 2014 Australia Theoretical best times

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello RD'ers.

I just started me career in F1 2014 and as many other people are, I'm struggling with grip and pace. I've spent roughly 4-5hour practicing in my Marussia around Melbourne, I manage to do lower 1:34's and high 1:33's. That is still 2-3 seconds slower than the slowest AI on track, even in FP1. This is with legend AI, and no assists.

Now to my question, what are your best laps in the backmarker cars around Melbourne?, or what are the theoretical times I'm suppose to get out of the car ?.

I am at the deciding point between starting the race and getting a guarantee last place, or keep practicing and see if i can match the slowest AI atleast, if ever.

Hello RD'ers.

I just started me career in F1 2014 and as many other people are, I'm struggling with grip and pace. I've spent roughly 4-5hour practicing in my Marussia around Melbourne, I manage to do lower 1:34's and high 1:33's. That is still 2-3 seconds slower than the slowest AI on track, even in FP1. This is with legend AI, and no assists.

Now to my question, what are your best laps in the backmarker cars around Melbourne?, or what are the theoretical times I'm suppose to get out of the car ?.

I am at the deciding point between starting the race and getting a guarantee last place, or keep practicing and see if i can match the slowest AI atleast, if ever.
Why don't you just drop the AI level until you are close to matching your team mates times?
I started career last night with Legend AI and found i was 2 seconds a lap slower than my TM in Quali. I plan to drop the AI one level lower for the race tonight.

Why don't you just drop the AI level until you are close to matching your team mates times?
I started career last night with Legend AI and found i was 2 seconds a lap slower than my TM in Quali. I plan to drop the AI one level lower for the race tonight.

Well i'ts a matter of the old stubbornness :), maybe I should just keep practicing. There must be a way to match my TM/slowest AI, right?.

Well i'ts a matter of the old stubbornness :), maybe I should just keep practicing. There must be a way to match my TM/slowest AI, right?.
I'm stubborn as well.... but i tried to persist in a career in the 2012 game like that and it was a lonely season in the back in the Marussia. Some races were better than others, and i scored points in a few of them, but in the end it was not much fun.
Until i get more familiar with the car setup and handling in this years version i'll race one level lower than Legend if i'm outpaced in Quali. In a 100% distance race it's better to have some competition rather than driving around in last pulling over for Blue Flags all race long. It means remembering to switch the AI level from race to race, but it'll be better for my enjoyment.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.5%