Australia & New Zealand

XGN is starting again

Many of you have moved here following the crash of XGN.

I have today received a message from Glen73 to advise the following information.
I really hope that you are prepared to continue to support our iniative to open our Oceania Group here in addition to any involvement at XGN. I have had a telephone conversation with Glen to explore possible co operation between RaceDept. and XGN to give us all the best of both communities.

The XGN announcement:

"After many problems after being hacked the XGN express is on the road to recovery. Diggazz is currently rebuilding the site (from scratch); due to the amount of damage caused this is the only way to get the site back online. This does mean that you will have to re register and request your old forums back.

If all visitors here to Xtreme Teams can go and register @

XGN - Powered by vBulletin

this is a sub domain for the time being whilst the rebuilding process happens. Hopefully by the end of next week you will be able to use the old domain names.

www.xgn.com.au & www.xtremegamingnetwork.com.au

I am sure you will all agree that this is fantastic news!"

Many of you have moved here following the crash of XGN.

I really hope that you are prepared to continue to support our iniative to open our Oceania Group here in addition to any involvement at XGN.

It is great to see XGN is finding its legs once again. I too hope, that all of us who have moved here after XGN's collapse recognise how quickly RD have accomodated those of us from Down Under in order to keep virtual racing alive in Race '07. It really is great to mix it up with such a large variety of skill levels in such large fields.

• Grant Daly

Although I've not been a member before I do intend to take a look though for me anyways Race Department at Race Sim Central will always be home...

Though it'll be good to see if there is able to be a middle ground found, that's something that I can see will be of benefit to both communities. I just can't imagine not having the cultural diversity of RD and the Mateships that transcends Language and Borders. Not to mention the great talent, & wealth of knowledge that our Northern and other Asian friends bring to the Simracing World. Well that's the world that I know...
:thumb:

Cheers, :Hamm3rHed:

• Grant Daly

V8 Supercars at QLD Raceway - Who wants to go?

I was thinking that since there's a few of us here that are close to the Track. And that the V8's are comming in a few weeks...
Like the Spa get together. We might have a chance to do something similar?

It'd only take a handfull of us to make it a bit of a Bonus we'd be able to meet and put a face to the name? I'm sure we would all have much to chat about, Oh and there is also the V8 SuperCars!

Now, there is also a couple of ways that we could arrange this.
* The most obvious would be to meet up at the track?
* Or we could even chip in and get a room near the track for a night and go for both days. Meeting say in Brissy first and just take one or two cars Depending? And then we be able to kick back and have a few brews, at the track and not need to worry about driving, if we cabbed it to the track from the hotel/whatever (accomodation) it just would mean that on the 2nd day we would have to have designated drivers to get back to Brissy. Personaly that'd be fine as I hardly drink and wouldn't mind if I had to abstain on the 2nd day...
* I'm sure that there are other options so put your 2cents worth in and let me know what you all reckon?

If we have a few of us I'll start ringing around and finding out details etc.
There may even be a way to get a discount on tickets for a group?

So shout out here and lets' see what happens?

If you're interested PM me and I'll PM you my Mobile # so we can arrange things...

OK, well look forward to hearing from you all? Grant...

• Grant Daly

Dates for the V8's

Appologies I should've psted this in the original
The dates are 18th- 20th july... (At time of this post it's just on 11days away)
So yes I know it's spur of the moment but hey ya gotta try?
I just thought of it after the V8's yesterday and last night's race well. I had a ball...
You know?

For further info there's a link here V8 Supercars
And it defaults to this next event at the Qld Raceway, it's not too far outa town as I'm sure some will know and for Warren it's also not too far either, But you'd be coming down :D

• Grant Daly

Further info and Ticketing Options

OK this is the pricing and ticketing options. There are others for Granstand Corporate Boxes but at $495 I thought Probably that'd be eh No... :D
Sorry about the formatting it's bloody hard...

Adult Admission ____---____Concession Admission
Ticket Types
.......Price --- PrePay* --- PrePay* --- Price --- PrePay* --- PrePay*
.......@ Gate - Discount --- Price --- --- @ Gate - Discount --- Price
*PrePay discounts end at 5.00pm, Thursday July 17th 2008.
3 Day
Season Pass $125 $35 $90 _______ $75 $15 $60
3-Day Season
Pass & Pits $165 $65 $100 _______ $100 $20 $80
Friday Pass $30 $5 $25 _______ $20 $0 $20
Friday Pass
& Pits $45 $10 $35 _______ $30 $0 $30
Saturday Pass $60 $15 $45 _______ $40 $10 $30
Saturday Pass
& Pits. $80 $20 $60 _______ $60 $15 $45
Sunday Pass $75 $15 $60 _______ $50 $10 $40
Sunday Pass
& Pits. $95 $15 $80 _______ $70 $10 $60
There's Reserved Grandstand Seating for an extra $60 on top of these Prices? Ehh not for me...
But it's there if ya want it...

As you can see there's plenty of ways to go and at reasonable prices too for some I like the ones that include the pit access I really could handle that I think? :evil:
The ones I've highlighted in Bold+italics Are IMHO the best value for money Even if we just went the 2 days the 3day pass is the way to go...
And if it's just the one day then Sunday's the day when the Big races are on 2 in the V8's Remember too that there'll be Formula Ford Carrerea Cup and the Mini's I think well there's not just the V8's there's a few Great days of racing all in all. So yeah, keep it in mind.. That's good value I think..

OK, G..

• Grant Daly

Info Update...
Transport / Parking Arrangements
By Train
For fans not wanting to drive to the circuit on V8 Supercar race day, free buses will be continually en route from Ipswich Station to the circuit, check this website in the lead up to the event for specific times. This option is also available as a park-and-ride alternative for fans wanting to park their cars in Ipswich.

Road The recommended route is south on the Gateway Arterial, then on to the Logan Motorway, Ipswich Motorway and Cunningham Highway. Although not the most direct, this route avoids all urban traffic and takes less than an hour. All traffic problems associated with the Queensland Raceway were rectified after the first V8 Supercar race in 1999. Millions of dollars have been spent improving local roads and a detailed traffic plan has been developed with local police and the Department of Main Roads. 10,000 extra car parking spaces have also been developed to help fans in and out of the track with minimal delays.

So the further I look the more I see it's not going to be too dificult...
Even with this being spur of the moment...

• Grant Daly

LOL Grant, RaceDepartment is not "at" Race Sim Central. We are totally independent.

Oh Bugger! I thought I smelt somthing on the bottom of my Boot?
Doo Dee Doo do dooo :whistle:

Who said that? :behindsofa: Wasn't me ! ! ! :lie: Much...

"I am not a Criminal" :peace:

Ah Ya live and ya learn...

Where did I get that Idea from though?:noidea:
I musta got here from :bolt: there?
Oh well Sorry :tape: won't happen again...

Yep Wally that is the big benefit we can provide here, and it's a great active community too. :wink:

All of us will benefit from racing in bigger fields against stronger and more mixed competition. So much more for us to learn from and to improve our skills. Even Manny gets to work hard now instead of cruising away out front.

I really hope everyone sees the benefits, even if they want to belong to both groups.

I liked the Oceania event, and from August onwards it will fit me pretty well to race there regularly, so count me in participating with you guys, when there will be a free spot for non Oz participants. :)

All of us will benefit from racing in bigger fields against stronger and more mixed competition. So much more for us to learn from and to improve our skills. Even Manny gets to work hard now instead of cruising away out front.

I really enjoy racing in the bigger fields here but the problem still remains my higher than normal ping. I liked racing at xgn because it was a local server and I could race on it without worrying about cars jumping and skipping (and me causing accidents because of it). I will have to wait and see how xgn is being set back up. In an ideal world I would like to race in both but if they are on the same night (xgn gtl league was on sundays) I might have to go with the local server.

I hope Warren does'nt mind me getting involved in your thread, i have been keeping a distant eye. I would like to say one thing. What we are working towards will mostly benefit you guys. Unless there is a massive out side movement of new drivers there wont be an official league ran at XGN but there will be a server there. Now this is still all up in the air at the moment. I just didnt want you guys to think that we are going to try and start another Race07 league at XGN and make you guys choose. That is difenatley not the case. I hope this clears up any mis-understandings.:amen:

I really enjoy racing in the bigger fields here but the problem still remains my higher than normal ping. I liked racing at xgn because it was a local server and I could race on it without worrying about cars jumping and skipping (and me causing accidents because of it). I will have to wait and see how xgn is being set back up. In an ideal world I would like to race in both but if they are on the same night (xgn gtl league was on sundays) I might have to go with the local server.

Was the higher ping lagging or was it just a higher ping?
Feedback on this is appreciated, because we want a solution for the Aussies.

I hope Warren does'nt mind me getting involved in your thread,

I don't mind at all Glen, really appreciate the open and honest communication. :thumb:

BTW, we'd love to have you join our events in the Oceania Group if you can find the time. Lots of the old gang are racing here Sunday nights and I'm sure they miss battling it out with you. :wink:

Was the higher ping lagging or was it just a higher ping?
Feedback on this is appreciated, because we want a solution for the Aussies.

I'll give my feedback but it is well known here.

I always get high pings of around 380 but usually it doesn't result in lagging for me or others around me. The high pings are to be expected, simply because of the distance involved, but it hasn't badly affected my racing here. Feedback from other Europeans at RD have confirmed that I don't lag. I do make sure that I am a touch more careful with cars around me though just to be safe. I haven't noticed unacceptable lag from other cars in our first two events, although Manny has shown very slight lag on occasions. However,I have experienced severe lag by some Europeans, just to prove that more than pings is a contributer to lagging.

I'm really interested in feedback from others as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back