Rear Spring Stiffness: 9

Gearbox
Gear 1: 125 kph
Gear 2: 155 kph
Gear 3: 185 kph
Gear 4: 217 kph
Gear 5: 250 kph
Gear 6: 284 kph
Gear 7: 328 kph (put it on max - depends on which car you use - red bull top = 318 kph)

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.30
Camber Rear: -1.30
Toe Front: 0.12
Toe Rear: 0.41

Notes :
Time trial with Mcclaren : 1.37.067 TCS/ABS : ON // GEARS : MANUAL
Career : 1:40:844 on option tyres
WET : 1:50:084

I use a controller - gamepad

Please post if you can improve...

Setup

Aerodynamics:
Front Wing Angle: 7
Rear Wing Angle: 8

Braking:
Balance: F: 50% - R: 50%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: Standard

Balance:
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 6
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 6

Suspension:
Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Read Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox:
Gear 1: 124 kph
Gear 2: 153 kph
Gear 3: 183 kph
Gear 4: 214 kph
Gear 5: 246 kph
Gear 6: 284 kph
Gear 7: 328 kph

Engine:
Fuel Map: High (Qualifying) and Standard (Race)
Fuel: 3-5 Laps (Qualifying)

Alignment:
Camber Front: -3.00
Camber Rear: -1.00
Toe Front: 0.06
Toe Rear: 0.23

Car
McLaren

Circuit
Austin

Condition
Dry

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Large

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox
Gear 1: 75 mph
Gear 2: 93 mph
Gear 3: 111 mph
Gear 4: 128 mph
Gear 5: 147 mph
Gear 6: 171 mph
Gear 7: 204 mph

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.50
Camber Rear: -1.50
Toe Front: 0.15
Toe Rear: 0.50

Notes
Time Trial ONLY setup.

Time Posted: 1:35:897 - 13th on Xbox Leaderboard - 1.3 seconds behind #1

This track is great, but also highly frustrating. It is very easy to get the first corner wrong, and sometimes I actually ended up in front of the #1 Ghost, only to fall behind dramatically as the lap went on. Not sure how the Ghost is getting so much grip, but I lose the most through the last sector.

Corners on this track in Time Trial seem random. You can slightly cut a number of them with no penalties, whereas other parts(Like just before the last corner), placing the car anywhere near the curbs will automatically nullify your lap for cutting corner, although you didn't.

The time can be improved on, but it will require a few more hours of trying out new wing values, and playing around with other settings, and to be honest, I want to try some of the tracks I really know.

Assists used:
Braking Assist: Off
ABS: On
Traction Control: Full
Gearbox: Auto

Don't like the fact that I use assists? Well frankly I don't really care, go post a lap and post your own setups, and maybe people will appreciate it.

This setup might be updated down the line, when I get more used to the games physics and setup options.

Don't like the fact that I use assists? Well frankly I don't really care, go post a lap and post your own setups, and maybe people will appreciate it.

I think it's so stupid for people to get caught up over assists! If you think about it anyone using a wheel is gaining a massive advantage over those that use the controller, so in a roundabout that's their form of assist! But you never see anyone complain about that now do you? Assists or not I highly doubt many people could hold a candle to some of the times you've posted. I don't think you even need to justify those people with a response! :p

I really like your set-ups Kyle, suit my driving style and it's only ever tweaks needed for career mode, your set-ups carried me through F1 2011 Wish I knew how to set-up a car like yourself! eagerly awaiting them to help me through F12012, because I am really not up to speed on it (I hate change :p). So a massive thank you for being such a help and making the games a lot more enjoyable for myself.

Would be cool to know how my setup feels on The Circuit of Americas.

Also after doing some online racing today, and encountering the usual bashers, I was making up setups on the fly, and most of the time I felt comfortable with it.
I have a good idea on some setups for certain tracks already, its just a matter of time, it takes quite a lot of hours til I am happy with a particular setup.

Just a word of advice really on setups, I feel at the moment that most of the setups are similar to 2011, except for the Wing downforce levels.

In F1 2010, setups preferred 11-1, 10-1, 2-1 etc.
In F1 2011, I mostly kept wings to the same values, 11-11, 7-7, 5-5, with some exceptions, and even then it was only one number difference (9-8 for example).

This is just a hunch from messing around on online mode, but I felt wings like 11-6, 11-4, 11-3, 9-3 and 6-1 to be working well for me. Having the rear wing too high is unnecessary it seems, as the rear is usually pretty stable, its the front end which is a lot more unstable this year. If i had to guess, I would do a 4-1 or 5-1 around Monza.

Like you see above, I used an 11-3 in Austin. I originally tried 6-6, 7-7, 11-11, and I was getting so much quicker in corners but losing speed down the straights, so I thought.. What about 11-1? It worked pretty well at first, but I felt I could do better, so I tried 11-3. I could do 1:36-1:37s with 11-1, but 11-3 got me into the 1:35s

Would be cool to know how my setup feels on The Circuit of Americas.

I found it was really stable, I felt through the first sector that I could actually attack, which I've struggled to do so far in 2012, Really stable too, I really didn't get that horrible under-steer that seems to plague 2012. I found in the braking zone it was also solid, I've found sending the braking bias rearwards only ends in trouble. Dunno how you have found it? I struggled a bit in the 3rd sector/stadium section, but that I feel was more due to make lack of course knowledge.
I think after trying out various set-ups that the 11-3 is the way forward.
It appears that there isn't a high enough gear ratio for the tracks? Even all the way to the right I find I was bouncing off the limiter way before the end of the straight?

Can someone make a race setup?

It will depend on what car you're using, I've found with this set-up what I do is, use Kyle's as a base, I adjust the brake to medium and standard to avoid lock ups during the race. also if you're doing a 25% race you don't really need to play with the wheel alignment in my opinion. You'd also need to test down the longest straight to adjust the gearing but other than that I find the set-up is decent to use in the race.

CarMcLaren

Circuit
Austin

Condition
Dry

Aerodynamics
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 1

Suspension
Rear Spring Stiffness: 1

Gearbox

Alignment
Camber Front: -2.50

Notes
PRACTICE. WITH A/G&T/C ONLY. USING SPEED WHEEL. IN THE 1.40'S BUT SURE THERE'S MORE THERE WITH MORE PRACTICE.

Ginnsy that is something which I can't seem to figure out in 2012. Certain straights, specially the back straight in Austin, will always make you bounce off the limiter no matter how you set up the car, and you use DRS (can still bounce off the limiter without KERS).

I tend to use the majority of my KERS down the Start/Finish straight, use a little bit down the back straight, then save the rest for the end of the lap.

Doing another setup today, possibly Australia.

Car
McLaren

Circuit
Austin

Condition
Dry

Aerodynamics

Braking

Balance

Suspension

Gearbox

Alignment

Notes
Time Trial ONLY setup.

This track is great, but also highly frustrating. It is very easy to get the first corner wrong, and sometimes I actually ended up in front of the #1 Ghost, only to fall behind dramatically as the lap went on. Not sure how the Ghost is getting so much grip, but I lose the most through the last sector.

Corners on this track in Time Trial seem random. You can slightly cut a number of them with no penalties, whereas other parts(Like just before the last corner), placing the car anywhere near the curbs will automatically nullify your lap for cutting corner, although you didn't.

The time can be improved on, but it will require a few more hours of trying out new wing values, and playing around with other settings, and to be honest, I want to try some of the tracks I really know.

Assists used:
Traction

This setup might be updated down the line, when I get more used to the
Car
McLaren

Circuit
Austin

Condition
Dry

Aerodynamics

Braking

Balance

Suspension

Gearbox

Alignment

Notes
Time Trial ONLY setup.

Assists used:
Traction Control: Full
Gearbox: Auto

This setup might be updated down the line, when I get more used to the games physics and setup options.

I use all ur set ups thx for putting in the hard work it makes my experience much more enjoyable wen I can keep up with everybody else thx bud!!!!

Car
Sauber (online, equal performance)

Circuit
COTA

Condition
Dry

Distance
50%

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 8
Rear Wing Angle: 5

Braking
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 7
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 4

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox
Gear 1: +3 clicks right
Gear 2: +3 clicks right
Gear 3: default
Gear 4: default
Gear 5: +2 clicks right
Gear 6: +4 clicks right
Gear 7: full right

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix 3

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.5
Camber Rear: -1.5
Toe Front: default
Toe Rear: default

Tyres
option

Notes
1.38.2 online session, no assists, cockpit view
keep 90% of KERS for pit straight

I'm going to try your setup Kyle, i posted a 1:37.783 (172nd in the Xbox Global Leaderboard) with one of the default setups and i know i could have easily done a faster lap. I think this track suits my driving style because most people who are pros that i play with on Xbox were extremely shocked. Just to let you know i posted that lap with the default setup first on the left from the middle one.

lol @ 11-11 set ups.

just breaked that record no assists with xbox controller ...owwwwww

anyways great PC set up Dmitry, much smoother, 11 -11 are mostly for the "unsecured" drivers.

Kyle i found that your setup made the car very unstable at the rear exiting the first sector and through the last which is why you were probably losing so much time, i changed the wing angle and some of the suspension and camber, the gear ratios are fine i think the only problem is it hits the limiter for about 100 metres on the straight, i posted a 1:37:362 with your setup, i changed it and did a 1:36:636 and that was 52nd on the Xbox Global leaderboard at the time, i made a few mistakes on that lap so i could have easily done a sub 1:36.

Thank you Dmitry i used your setup last night in race i could not get lap times i saw you do in our race but i was a lot quicker than the times i was doing and it more stable for me.

Kyle i found that your setup made the car very unstable at the rear exiting the first sector and through the last which is why you were probably losing so much time, i changed the wing angle and some of the suspension and camber, the gear ratios are fine i think the only problem is it hits the limiter for about 100 metres on the straight, i posted a 1:37:362 with your setup, i changed it and did a 1:36:636 and that was 52nd on the Xbox Global leaderboard at the time, i made a few mistakes on that lap so i could have easily done a sub 1:36.

What did you change exactly?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing