Austin Mini Cooper S 1275 '64

Cars Austin Mini Cooper S 1275 '64 1.1 Limited

Login or Register an account to download this content
Pessio submitted a new resource:

Austin Mini Cooper S 1275 '64 - Austin Mini Cooper S 1275 '64

After 10 months into car modeling a modding i decided to ReDo my Mini.
The only way to do that is starting from zero, again.

So here we are, this time in stock factory fashion!
Body is modeled with a lot of photomatching, generous in poly count to look stunning in showrooms and close shots. Interior is full mapped and quirky and unconfortable as a real mini. ( I mean, where can you find another car with steering wheel angled like a bus and pointing to the center too?)

You'll find some...

Read more about this resource...

Not sure if it has to do with the car itself or e.g. a CSP setting? Look at the rearview mirror and see all the trees disforms. Minor detail but just wanted to let you know. Yes you created another gem!!

Lovely model. Seems to drive nicely/believably :) The transmission sound is excruciating at high speed though. Perhaps not balanced with the engine volume which should blend together with it better perhaps? on exterior view, the idle sound is almost louder than the engine at full rpm.

Seems strange that the tyres are named dunlop and type is dunlop, no mention of street as per all other cars.

couple of entries in log:
INIReader: content/cars/austin_mini_cooper_s/data/lods.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [COCKPIT_HR] DISTANCE_SWITCH
INIReader: content/cars/austin_mini_cooper_s/data/analog_instruments.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [TURBO_INDICATOR_0] USE_BAR

Last edited:
Is it just me or is the steering wheel animation around its axis a bit crooked? Or is the steering wheel itself crooked by design IRL?
Actually for whatever reason, every FWD car I've looked at for interior reference eventually seems to have a yawed steering wheel angle. 106 has it to some point too, but I'm not 100% sure how much. Points towards the center of the car and the column is not in-line with the seat's center.

Yes, mini's steering column is pointing to the center, and the wheel is angled a lot. All is cramped, to have a 3m car with good interior space. Even the micro 10 inches wheels. They choosed little wheels to save interior space.

Lovely model. Seems to drive nicely/believably :) The transmission sound is excruciating at high speed though. Perhaps not balanced with the engine volume which should blend together with it better perhaps? on exterior view, the idle sound is almost louder than the engine at full rpm.

Seems strange that the tyres are named dunlop and type is dunlop, no mention of street as per all other cars.

couple of entries in log:
INIReader: content/cars/austin_mini_cooper_s/data/lods.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [COCKPIT_HR] DISTANCE_SWITCH
INIReader: content/cars/austin_mini_cooper_s/data/analog_instruments.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [TURBO_INDICATOR_0] USE_BAR

Sound is of the racing one, so expect more trasmission sound. Anyway, i can assure, transmission sound in a mini is terrific. In my cockpit i can't hear nothing but the gearbox, really.

Not sure if it has to do with the car itself or e.g. a CSP setting? Look at the rearview mirror and see all the trees disforms. Minor detail but just wanted to let you know. Yes you created another gem!!

Latest 0.1.52 should have that problem fixed, it was related to 0.1.51's A2C w/ dithering for trees feature after being manually enabled on the track adjustments section. But you should have seen in it on any car.

Pessio updated Austin Mini Cooper S 1275 '64 with a new update entry:

Big Physics Update.

Thanks to @Kyuubeey, now the car have a brand new physics!
Now car simulates the behaviour of the Hydrolastic system, the original suspension system you'll find on most Mk1 minis. There is some cool magic on rear trailing arms too, simulating flex of bushings in cornering.
Tweaks on tires too, and vintage road tires added.

Some final tweaks to interior materials, UVs and lights.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Pessio, you and everyone involved have outdone yourselves! I cannot wait for the updated racing version.
If you ever need suggestions for cars to make tell me, I have some. :D
acs 2020-04-16 23-37-20 Kopie.jpg

acs 2020-04-16 23-37-39 Kopie.jpg
acs 2020-04-16 23-38-03 Kopie.jpg
acs 2020-04-16 23-38-53 Kopie.jpg

there seems to be a issue with the rendering distance or some such thing.
Where the car in the distance disappears and just the driver a riding along.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 78 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 56 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.7%