Austin Healeys @ Donnington Pk. National- 5th June 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Dawes

Premium
Hi Guys!
Another GTL event to keep us exploring the depth of this great game.

BRITISH GENTLEMAN'S CRUISE

Be sure to bring your bowler hats and canes.

Event details
Game: GT Legends
Date: Thursday 5th of June 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Car: Austin Healey 3000
Skins: Default only
Circuit: Donnington National (default track)
Password: Here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 18:30, 30 mins
Qualifying: 19:00, 30 mins
Race: 19:30, 30 lap race

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry (an unusual day in the UK)
Failures: Normal
Pitstops: Purely optional this time, it is after all a cruise for the British gentry.
In-game start time: 1100

Signups
1 Chris Vick
2 Traumatic
3 Simon Bacon
4 Edika
5 Jerome Benard
6 Mark Warmington
7 Hans Sneep
8 Daniel Pettit
9 Kevin Ascher
10 Yoeri Gijsen
11 Roy Stevens
12 Hansje

Reserves

Gutted!!!

Can't believe it! Practiced all bloody week. Got used to the twitch Healy. Qualied ok'ish. Filled the tank. Waited for race session to start. Joined the grid.

Hmmm... Why am I the only car on the grid? Scratch head. Hit ESC. Join grid again... Still just me. No-one car see my chat [I assume - as there is no response]. Count down starts and I am the only car tootling around.

Hit ESC. The bloody replay monitor shows that everyone else seems to be enjoying them selves racing around.

Hope everyone else had a good race though. :thumb:

Strange old session. Didn't fully get the hang of the Healy and it's psychotic tendency of throwing you off track. Anyway, PB in qualifying -1.24.9xx. Got the jump on Chris V at the start of the race to get into 3rd, running quite well then I started to relax, big mistake with the Healy, as I found out.:sign0082:
Dropped place after place, finally to be involved in a racing incident with Jerome at T1, suspension got completely knackered. Top bloke Jerome is, he waited while I got repaired and we resumed racing:thumb: Unfortunately I got DQ'd for ignoring a S/G - where I got it I don't know but that was that. Ho hum.
On the positive side I can now drink beer as it is very humid here in London and I've got the day off work tomorrow:drunk: See you all at the next one.

Simon.

• Jerome Benard

Very sorry Simon but i think i usually brake too late than you at this turn. And i was surprise when you brake and i pusch you.

See you for thenext for a good fun.:drunk:

A great race! I qualified 3rd, my best qualy ever, with an OK time of 1:24.6. I was slow on the start, as usual, and settled into 4th when Simon went by cleanly at T1. I was driving quite well, dicing with Simon, when I lost focus and get two wheels off. That let Roy by me (also very clean), and I started dicing with Roy. I pressured him until I cracked, and got two wheels off again! Then I was about 2 sec back, and managed to stay there for a long while. Simon spun, and let me move back into 4th. I was close enought to watch Roy dice with Yoeri, but I could not catch them. Every time I started getting closer, I made a small error, and lost a second or two.

Yoeri dropped out, leaving me in 3rd. Late in the race, Roy went off course, and I caught him up. Again, I pressured him until I cracked!:D

I ended up following Roy home about 2-4 seconds back in 3rd place. My first ever online Podium finish!:thumb: :jumping:

All in all, a great event! Thanks to Warren for setting this up, and for pointing me towards running GTL events. This is my first online event with no one hitting me.:jumping: You guys are real gentlemen racers, and I had a great time!:thumb:

I am going on vacation soon, so I will be out a few weeks, but when I get back, it is back to GTL racing with you folks!:thumb:

You guys are the best!:alla:

Chris

Place four...not bad after a very bad start...sorry Hans Sneep :)

Had a great fight with H.Sneep, also very close time with Benard !!!!

Was great fun, THANKS ALL...congrats to the winner ofcourse :thumb:

Bye !!

Hans ;)

Hoi Hans nice fight for the second time after Mexico ,try to push you up by the start,but that did not work so I go around, made some slight mistakes and good not keep up with you,but 5 't place was not bad and I had a very nice time. So up to Watkins Glen see you all their and congrats to the Winner....

Hans

ps chanced my Avatar,Porche RS Spider Jos Verstappen naar 24U Le Mans

• Roy Stevens

Good race all.first time ever in Austin healey ,qualified in 7th finished in 2'd best ever on GTL ..look foward to the next race ..:thumb:

Hoi Hans nice fight for the second time after Mexico ,try to push you up by the start,but that did not work so I go around, made some slight mistakes and good not keep up with you,but 5 't place was not bad and I had a very nice time. So up to Watkins Glen see you all their and congrats to the Winner....

Hans

ps chanced my Avatar,Porche RS Spider Jos Verstappen naar 24U Le Mans

Afterwards I noticed my mistake at the start of the race...my car was in reverse :party0009: :D

See you next time all...thanks, better luck next time Mark A Warmington !!!

Hans :jumping:

I decided to join, just to have a bit of fun racing. That's what we're here for anyway. Healey rpoved to be quite a thing to handle... slow response and slow slides... hard to get a hang on! But I managed and came within 0.8 of the fastest bloke around: Ben Tusting, so I was happy.

The race started of well, I was in a nice fight with Ben for the first 8 laps, but eventually he beat me to it. Top job Ben! :thumb:

Then I parked my car in the Goddard chicane and picked up some damage. That proved to be too much. The car became a nightmare and it was hard to keep it on track, let alone keep it on pace. So I spun again and picked up some more damage. :brancard:

That's when I decided to call it a day. No use to continue with a car that it utterly wrecked. :ambulance:

Thanks for the racing guys. It was fun while it lasted! :D

Well, i completely forgot about this race, due to moving home and being told to pack by the wife...i jumped into my 60's gear and fired up the good old GTL, only to find that i hadn’t unlocked the darn Healey....
So!

I found the unlock file, and created a new profile, Winston2..... only seconds left in Quail i jumped right in, grinning and stretching my faux leather driving gloves,( i cut the fingers off last week as i couldn’t get the last pork scratching from the packet easily.)
Anyhoo, new profile, new SETTINGS! Even tho im no god send to racing, the default settings for GTL and a G25 are poo. To say the least, i made it round 6 or 7 laps and pulled neatly into the pits, combed my G Hill tash and departed from the Healey, lit my pipe and walked the dog instead.

It was a joy to watch the rest of the race chaps, I didn’t leave the game, I sat with a cup of tea and watched the race until completion, congratulations to all whom finished!

Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years