Austin Formula One Grand Prix

There's been a change in sector 2 from the first image shown to the public.

We went from this:
b892a83d-882d-dd7b.jpg

To this:
b892a83d-8854-6dd5.jpg

Turns 8 and 9 have been tightened, this reduces the flow and makes it harder to overtake going into turn 11. Seems suitable though, because you're losing speed through 7.

The Hockenheim arena section could be made better if turns 12 and 16 (especially turn 12) were made faster. Right now it looks tedious.

maybe they made it counter clockwise because nascar is the biggest sport in the USA, and they didn't want the cars to go the "wrong" direction ha.

Not exactly... not normal here either:

US Major Road Tracks:
Counterclockwise:
Laguna Seca
Miller Motorsports Park
Circuit of the Americas

Clockwise:
Watkins Glen
Road America
Road Atlanta
Barber
Lime Rock
VIR
Sebring
Carolina Motorsports Park
Sonoma (formerly Infineon/Sears Point)
Daytona Road
Indy Road
Mid-Ohio
New Jersey Motorsports Park (Thunderbolt)
Long Beach (Street)
Detroit Belle Isle (Street)
St. Petersburg (Street)
Baltimore (Street)
Summit Point
Portland International Raceway
Palm Beach International

Got a Pre-sale notice in my email today!

Who's going with me? Seriously, I'm probably going by myself as it stands now! :(

I'm most likely going for the upper-row T12 Bleacher Grandstand, or GA! LOL

------------------------
Exclusive 3-day Ticket Package Pre-sale for the 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX™ Starts Today!
Thank you for your deposit. As a COTA VIP, you’re invited to purchase tickets at Circuit of The Americas before they go on sale to the general public on Sunday, June 10th.

Your pre-sale code below will include your deposit of $200 off your ticket purchase.

The pre-sale will run from today through Saturday, June 9th, so don’t delay.

To Purchase Tickets:
Remember to use your unique pre-sale code: xxxxxxxxx
------------------------

Then a link to TicketMaster web site

They are selling 3-day ticket packages in Bleacher Grandstand and General Admission as follows (roughly):

T12 Row 16 thru 36 for $520
T12 Row 1 thru 15 for $420
T2 thru T5 for $315
T11 for $285
GA for $172

ad3bef58-1ada-0143.jpg

T1 is Premium Grandstand. You can't get those without purchasing a Personal Seat License (PSL), which cost thousands of $$. They do include two events for two years however, I believe. Still too rich for my blood though.

I think T1, T11, and T12 will present the best overtaking opportunities, which makes them the best places to view, IMO. I think T11 will require a huge walk to and from parking and is at the lowest elevation on the circuit, which is why I think it's the second cheapest location.

GA at T2, T7, or T18/19 look to be decent spots for viewing.

I really want to volunteer to be a flag man! ;)

Didn't know the area surrounding Austin was so green!

Depends on the time of year. February through April it can be quite green, probably a bit browner now. Eastern Texas is very green, and Austin is on the western edge of that 'zone'.

That bottom picture in Hampus' post (the Istanbul turn) looks like they are putting a huge wave pool in the middle of it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back