RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I see a DNF in my future, hopefully no more then one tonight. I just don't know what it is about the gt pro cars, but I just can't control them, any of the them. I think the audi is my best hope for finishing the races tonight, even if it last place. I need a setup, for any car, I will try it, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lesson for everyone in how not to do supoerpole.

I'd pulled together a stable and medium fast setup knowing that this can be a bit of a race of attrition. The '09 version of this track proved to be better than the '77.

Quali 19th had set myself up nicely with what would have been a reasonable time (certainly higher than 19th) [Video of my classic FAIL to come]. Finally getting to grips with the Chevy which is a pretty fast car in general once you tame the rear end. Ran wide in the final turn and piled into the tyrewall DNQ in sight of the finish line, gutted! I hope that everyone has a good laugh when they see it.

Race 1
Poor start from 19th and dropped a few places, but some care through turn 1 and 2 had me picking up a couple of places. Came down to T3 and slowed to avoid shunting one of the Woods as they rejoined the track. Only to get shunted myself - Suspension damage. On the exit of the second part of the hairpin, Frank Anderson had got a tap and rolled backwards into the track. I found myself sitting in 10th. Lap times steady with pit stop planned around lap 7 for lefts. Unfortunately, plans change on lap 5 as I come round T2 flat out to see Sam Mahler in the middle of the track facing me. In trying to avoid him, wheels on the grass and I thought that my race was over as I headed toward the tyrewall of death. Fortunately just a front right puncture, changed the pit call and limped to change the fronts rather than lefts. Unfortulately that slow lap put me in the grips of the leaders, once you start getting blue flags, then it's race over. Finished 14th which is up on the start position but disappointing as there most definently was a better finish in the bag. Just my luck as I aways seem to come off worst in these racing incidents.

Race 2,
A better start, clean to Moss when I braked early to avoid the chaos that normally ensues when i was punted off the track. Back in 19th with rear suspension very damaged it felt. Tried to hold it, but struggled more and more after the pitstop which I'd nailed, back end went loose from susp damage and I found my way into the tyrewall. figured that without control at the front with no splitter and rear with no suspension, that it would be game over shortly.

One consolation, I'd switched back to cockpit from swingman for this race and had gone faster. May be cockpit only from now on.

DTM cars were great crack,

Race 1 was crazy, Wayne went sky diving on the first corner of the lap 1 which left the race up for grabs. I dont think i seen that many changes for p1 on RD yet:wink:
Well done Ross on your win that was a hard fight dude............

Race 2 Sorry i could not finish guys but got the dreadred phone call that a family pet was getting put down:frown: Concrats to Wayne on race 2 win

That was my first time driving the DTM cars and i have to say i enjoyed them.

Thanks to dave and RD for this event and look forward to racing with use guys again soon:cool:

Define free Giorgos.

Currently donations need to be €400 per month for 2 race servers and the forum, which gives a clue as to how much the servers server will cost. A quad core server with 4gb ram and unlimited bandwidth on i3d is €50 to set up and €250 per month. If you choose to stream flash as the format, Adobe Flash Media Server cost €1269, the encoder is free.

That's €1319euro straight away and €250 per month after that. A huge amount.

A cheaper alternative would involve using software that implements Microsoft's MMS or RTSP protocols for streaming wmv format video. Free software exists for this but generally comes without support or warranty. which isn't always a draw back but has the potential to be.

A better alternative would be to use a media streaming service with its own software and streaming servers which you are licensed to use. an example is livestream.com. That would cost $350 per month OR $3500 (upfront) for a year. That would give HD, ad-free streaming of 3000 viewer hours and a 1TB of storage. Sounds a lot but if we have it every league will use it, special events like this enduro. RDLMS could use hundreds of hours for an event if only people who were registered to drive watched, before you count other people. Every hour above the 3000 is charged individually as is every GB above the storage limit. It would get hugely expensive with either option.

It would be very cool though but not very free.

ps, if I win the Euro Millions anytime soon you can have anything you want streamed :) but thats also pretty unlikely :(

Very hard event for me! Didn't have practice before I joined the server, only I knew the track, and had a setup for the car from Spa. Changed wings to 1/4, after seeing the default setup for this track by Simbin. (well, for the Race On version:)). Then did a hotlap and was slow, asked for it, Sam said one, so stayed on low wings. For race 1 I used 1-1, race 2 1-2.

Q: Disco 2 mins before end. -->last place
Race 1: got the start pretty well, but turn 1 was tricky in the pack so lost a few places again. At the end I managed to get 8th, had a nice battle, I was very close behind Sam, but with that chat going on I lost every chance!

Race 2: started on pole, lost P1 after going a bit off at T1. Then tried to defend what was left!:) Needed that first lap to get a feeling of my setup changes (higher rear springs, higher front anti-roll bar, brake balance moved to front and higher rear wing), but after that I went pretty well. Except I got rammed in T3 lap 2.
A few laps after I had Christian behind me, he seemed to be a LOT faster, so I decided to pull and let him go. (we would only lose time by fighting, while I was sure I couldn't hold him back) I made some mistakes in the second half and Glenn arrived! I could defend my P5 at last.

Thanks for the races everyone, and most of all Eric and RD!

914369Friday_US_flyer.jpg

Servername: RaceDepartment.com WTCC
Class: WTCC 06/07/STCC/08
Track: Okayama
Weather: Changeable
Practice: 30 minutes (19:00GMT)
Qualification: 10 minutes (SuperPole)
Warmup: 5 minutes
Race: 2 x 25 mins PITSTOP MANDATORY (at least 2 tyre change)
Notes:Click here to read the password and golden rules

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Car choice is fee, You can pick whatever you want.
Next round: wednesday: 16 June it will be a lottery.

1. Bert Poesen
  2. Péter Bártfai
  3. Dan Allinson
  4. Barry Morse
  5. Nicolas Hamilton
  6. James Fellows
  7. Matt Clark
  8. Linus Broström
  9. Simon Gardner SKIN
  10. Neil Tasker
  11. Mike Bell SKIN
  12. Chris Sykes SKIN
  13. Marius Neverauskus
  14. David Zafiu SKIN
  15. Satoru Ohno
  16. Emil Sällberg
  17. Mark Guy SKIN
  18. Erling Bøhmer
  19. Jochen Lenaerts
  20. Andrew Bridle
  21. Ollie Tebbutt
  22. Fred Visser
  23. driver
  24. driver
  25. Szabolcs Hanyik (Maybe)
Reservers:

First race- Got hit on lap 5, nailed the wall, then rolled back out onto track with no power to move the car and someone else nailed me. Sorry to whoever had that misfortune.

Second Race- Started 16 of 17. Thanks to attrition, made it up to 6th with William Nowell behind me. Then he got ahead of me, then behind me. I look in my rear view on lap five and I'm in 7th place with William Nowell after me again. I managed to stay ahead of him for a couple of laps. Late in lap 7, he catches up to me but goes a little wide and that opens the door for Saul Boucher to get by him and eventually, by me on the fast right hander on the front straight, knocking me back to 8th. Finally, William N gets by me on turn 3. I go after him with everything I've got and try to stick with him but he pulled away. Behind me, Corey Theman steadily advances. It takes everything I've got to hold him off and maintain 9th. Finally, I finish 9th. Second top ten finish in GT!!!!

Good race guys. Like many have said this was a hard map, atleast for me in the gt cars. I raced this track Sunday in the DTM's and loved it, but that did not translate over to the gt cars. Up until 1 hour before the race I had not picked a car yet, much less a setup, I was equally slow in all of them. I thought the audi would be the way to go but I was given up 8-10mph on top end and finally chosed the vette. I qualified in 13th with a 2.03.xxx I think and was perpared for a battle royal.

Race 1 went ok, I got a good start as usually and jumped up to 8 I believe. I'm starting to think that people let me go by in the beginning just so they have someone to laugh at as the race goes on. Race was going good up until about lap 4-5 where something happen to Eric D. and he ended up in the middle of the road sideways and I had not choice but to T-bone him, ending his race and damaging my car bad.(reminds me of Sunday nights DTM race 2) I limped around to the pit and finished the race in last place.

Race 2, once again I got a good start and jumped up to 5th. I knew the faster guys would be making their way through the pack and sure enough they all got pass me. I ended up fighting with Eric D. for the majority of the race and had a blast. He kept it clean and I did my best to return the favor as we fought for 8th. We traded places a few times but at the end of lap 11 I was in the lead and brought it home. Good battle Eric D. it was a lot of fun. My engine was at 11% and I was just tring to hold it all together. I have to eat my words, no DNF tonight, all is good:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back