RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Quali: Got a good lap in, had some more time to give but the session moved on as I entered sector three. Secured P2 on the grid.

Race 1: Got a good clean start and passed Ludovic into T3, plenty of room given considering I went really aggressive off the start, thanks! However, Ludovic had the pass and was pressuring my constantly and managed to slip up the inside into the hairpin in sector three, I decided to repay with the same respect he'd given me and gave him the room needed. This pushed me wide on the exit and Giorgio squeezed through, whom I think then clipped my front bumper as we tried to squeeze through the next turn, sorry. After that I was left in P2 till the end.

Race 2: Starting P7, hooked up the traction perfectly and jumped into P2 before T1. Pressured the leader who lost it in the sector three hairpin allowing me through. I steadily built up a nice gap which was at 6 seconds before I made a mistake exiting T5, dropping 1.8 seconds. This would prove crucial at the end of the race, when, with Ludovic 1 second behind I ran wide and allowed him through. Had I not made those two mistakes perhaps I would have taken the race two victory. Oh well, can't complain with another P2.

Thanks to Ludovic for the great racing and for Hugo and RD for organising!

Mixed results last night for me, but still some good racing. Did not get in from vacation until just before 9, and I was working on about 8 hrs of total sleep since Friday, so skip practice time and put a pot of coffee on instead :)

Qual: My time wasn't all that great, I think it was in the 24s. I'm never really fast here anyway, but I should have had at least another second off of that. Started P11.

Race 1: Michael C. was slow off the line in front of me, tried to go around to the right but he blocked and I settled in. William N. and J. Borges were able to sneak by as that happened and I was back to P14. Michael and Eric D. then had some contact through Eau Rouge with Eric D. going off, allowing me to move up to P13. Michael went wide and was coming back on track, as I slowed to avoid him J. Edgar and Glen K. pass, and I'm back in P15. Joseph and Michael get together and I move back up to P13 chasing Glen K. I made it past Glen a bit later in lap 1, and finish the lap in P12. Joao went off early lap 2, and someone dropped during lap 3 moving me up to P10. I started chasing William N. and eventually caught him at the bus stop on lap 5. At this point the coffee still hadn't kicked in and I had begun driving ragged even before I made the pass on William. Was pushing to catch up to Jarrod and caught too much curb being careless entering Eau Rouge, and just pushed it sideways into the pit exit wall. Tried to limp back to the pits but the engine gave out halfway through lap 6. DNF :(

Race 2: Since I had a nice 4 lap break before Race 2, I grabbed some more coffee and started to wake up. Began the race at the back of the field in P15. I was able to avoid the calamity at the start with only minor damage and picked up a few spots to P12. I found myself behind Michael once again and Glen K. lost the rear end as we went through Eau Rouge. As Michael and I slowed to avoid him, J. Edgar blasts through the middle of us and ping-pongs off the wall (pretty crazy to watch on replay!). He somehow avoided all of us, and ricocheted right into the middle of the track, nose in the right direction in front of Michael. So I still sat in P12 after some craziness. I was able to get past Michael on the straight, and also snuck past Glenn P. who had an off at the right/left after the straight. Now in P10 chasing J. Edgar, who eventually catches a curb and spins later in lap 1 allowing me to take P9. Next up was William, and I caught him later in lap 1 to improve to P8. After passing the start/finish line I showed P7, not sure who had dropped at that point from up front. The next several laps I spent chasing down Eric D. It took me until lap 5 to finally catch and pass him at the bus stop, and I spent the rest of the race staring at the tail of Jarrod's Mosler from about 4 seconds back. Just never was able to catch him, and I finished in P6.

The legendary Spa. Loved and hated. Demanding. Drawing top drivers from around the world.
This is going to be good...

Quali started a bit rough with a few aborted attempts because of other cars on track. That's the downside. The upside is you get more than one chance. I squeaked in a lap good enough for 9th before time ran out.

Race 1 was for the most part pretty quiet. I managed to get up to 6th and stayed there for a few laps, trying to catch Eric N. and keep Rafael behind me. Rafael kept me on edge for most of the race and then I lapsed at the chicane and spun off. Rafael got by and I ended up 7th for the race.

Race 2 had Jarrod and I in front - 2 moslers - with a gaggle of BMW's and Marcos breathing fire behind us. Well, that's what it looked like in my rear view.
We managed to keep the higher horsepower beasts behind us through through Eau Rouge as everyone fell in line quite nicely. Well, the first 5 of us, anyway. There was chaos behind, though, but I didn't have much time to concern myself with that as Keith and Eric, in Marcos' and Rafael in the BMW filled my mirror going into Les Combes. Rookie mistake - cold tires and brakes - and a little to hot into the corner. I did a slow spin in front of Keith. He couldn't avoid me and gave me just an ever so slight nudge off the track, backing me into the fence. Totally my fault. I gathered it back up and continued on now in 13th.

By the end of the lap I was in 10th due to spins and other problems by others. Tyler's day ends in the pits and I'm in 9th heading toward lap 2. Most of the rest of the race is spent catching up and then falling back from Michael. He gets by Eric D. as Eric tangles with the wall and I catch up to him, also.

It's the last lap and I'm looking for away around Eric D. My opportunity presents itself when Eric gets wide going into the right hander after Stavelot. I duck inside as he struggles to tame his loose Corvette. He gets her straightened out and brings her back onto the track and into the racing line. Except I'm already there. I've got a run on him and I hold my line as he comes across. We touch and he heads toward the outside fence again. He reins her in without touching and falls in behind me. Going through the chicane, I hear the Corvette roaring up behind me. One more turn. The hairpin. I hit my brake point, and Eric dives inside, reining in his beast for the turn. He goes wide, and I go inside, gaining the advantage out of the turn, but Eric isn't done yet. We drag race out of the turn toward the finish line with me slightly ahead but with the power of the Corvette quickly gathering me in. I get him by a car length. Another 100 yards and he would of had me.

That was a good race to bad I had damage and could not turn in rd1 and in rd2 I tried manual pitting and the guys were on a coffee break. So I watched rd2 in the pits and that was a hell of a race between yves, stefan, and brenden. Nice racing.

I joined just as the session switched to quali. So I ran with a complete default set, which was far from perfect. I qualified 4th out of 6 on the grid.

R1: Got a reasonable start and gained one position as Tyler bogged down off the line. On Lap 2 or 3 I was gifted P2 as Brendan ran wide off the track in T2. I then had a long battle with Tyler. I had the feeling he was a fair bit faster than me, but as we took turns making mistakes, the gap remained fairly consistent between us. I eventually ran off on lap 13 I think and gifted P2 to Tyler. Finished P3.

R2: Started from P4 again and got another decent start, but couldn't really take advantage of it as the narrow track saw me stuck behind the two ahead. I passed Eric coming into T3 as he ran it a little wide. I really hadn't planned on passing there, it just kind of happened. lol. The following lap Ventura ran off in T1 and I was gifted P1. As Tyler and Yves were battling for 2nd, I was allowed to build a bit of a gap, which Tyler promptly closed. We then had another long battle and I was doing all I could to hold on. Tyler was clearly faster than me and my crappy default set. On L12 Tyler was getting anxious to get passed as Yves had once again closed the gap to us. Tyler got a run on me out of T3 and attempted a pass around the outside of T4. I had to let off to avoid a collision and Tyler went passed. I then got a little to close and gave him a bit of a love tap in T6 sending him off. This also caused Yves to hit me, sending me off. So sorry to the both off you. After leading nearly the entire race I was rather desperate to hang on with a clearly inferior car. I rejoined about 2 seconds or so a head of Brendan and was able to hold him off to the line. Finished P3 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.1%