RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sorry to hear about your misfortune tonight Eric.

I entered this event with next to no practice on a track I didn't know. I joined the server early and did about 5-10 laps with the Lacetti just to get to know the track. The I search for a reasonable setup online and found one for the Lean. Didn't really get to much of a chance to practice with it though, so my hopes weren't to high entering the race. So, with that being said, I am pretty happy with tonights results.

R1: Started from 11th and got a reasonable start and despite some dicy moments around me, I managed to stay in 11th and out of most of the excitment around me. I followed Saul and James for some time, but didn't really have the pace to close the gap which sat at right 2.5 seconds I think. I ended up pitting early and found myself in 8th place by the end of everyones pit cycle. I was now slowly closing the gap to Eric up a head, but soon got distracted as James was closing on me. Made a few mistakes as a result of watching my mirrors a bit to much, which allowed James to get right up on me pretty quickly, but then he made a mistake and the gap opened back up by several seconds. I was now concentrating on Eric again, but he pulled off into the pits gifting me 7th. James came back for another attempt at me during the final laps, but I was able hold him off and finished just under a second in front of him.

R2: Started from 2nd and the battle with James continued as the lights went off. We were side by side through T1, T2, T3 and T4. This was shaping up to be a epic battle and I must give James props for his clean driving through those turns. Great stuff! About half way around T4 I get nudged from behind and my rear kicks out the opposite direction of the turn. I tried to catch it, but the rear just sling shot around the other way and I went off hard into the wall. Luckily I didn't get tangled with anyone else. I did take on suspension damage and my wheel was cook eyed from this point forth. These incidents seem to have become some what of a tradition in race 2 for me. *shrug* Surprinsingly the car felt pretty good and I was able to maintain a pretty decent pace. I pitted early again and made up a lot of time in the pits. By the end of everyones pit stops I found myself back up in 9th - from 19th after the crash. I eventually caught up to Daniel, whom was clearly struggling with worn tires during the latter stages of the race. I manage to slip by as he ran it wide. I caught up to Rafael with half a lap to go. He ran it a bit wide in the 90 degree hairpin, but was able to bring it around and close the door. I finished 8th, just a few tenths behind Rafael.

[URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/427584US_open_wheels_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/427584US_open_wheels_flyer.jpg"][/URL][/URL]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USRADICAL

Class: Radical SR4 252

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EDST / 18:45 WDST / 01:45 GMT (Friday)

Practice: open server
Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EDST)
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 2x15 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Felt good to get back in the seat on Friday with a familiar grid of drivers.

Quali was amazing tonight with 4 of us on 134.6something

Race 1
Made ok start got on the tail of the front group of 4 with Yves, Keith and Ryan. Staying close was difficult with Ryan having some minor lag issues so I was leaving a little room but still was beating up his bumper a bit. Ryan got by Keith for 2nd and then made contact with Yves sending Yves off track. Stayed in 3rd behind Keith until pit around lap 8. We both pitted at the same time and when I came out of the pit Ryan and Keith made contact as Keith reentered the track just ahead of me. I got past both of them into the lead after the incident. Keith was close behind for several laps until I made a small mistake and a loss of momentum handing Keith the lead. Finished second.

Race 2
Was very similar to race 1 and had a great battle with Saul for 3rd trading back and fourth a couple of times. Rhys was also in the mix with us and it seems the pit sequence was the deciding factor. Finished 3rd in the end with Saul and Rhys close behind. Again it was nice to be back, Thanks for the racing everyone and Eric for putting it on. See ya next time, Marty:cool:

Qual: 5th with a 1:34.832

Race 1 L1: Got a bad launch and lost two places to Saul and James. Going into turn one I had the inside line but Eric almost passes me on the outside until I bump into him exiting the corner causing him to lose some momentum (sorry Eric). Coming into turn five Saul dives to the inside of James and bumps him off. When he slows for James I bump him and have to slow. Allowing Eric to come around the outside and have the inside line for turn seven and takes the spot. Eric goes wide exiting turn nine and I get a little run on him going down the short straight coming into turn ten and take the position back.

L's 2-5: In hot pursuit of Marty, Ryan, Keith and Yves. On lap five I was within a second of Marty when I passed Yves who was rejoining the track in turn eight. Putting me in fourth.

L's 6-8: Close enough to Marty to capitalize on any mistakes. On lap seven his rear slid out and he went a little wide in turn seven but kept it together. At the end of lap seven Ryan dove into the pits. Leaving Marty and I to go at it with Keith in the lead. I would spin in turn eight when I applied the brakes too hard while my right rear was on the curb. After that it was time to pit.

L's 9-11: In fifth place after I pit with Yves in the lead and yet to make a stop. Reclaimed fourth on lap eleven when Yves pits.

L's 12-15: Grinding out fast laps trying to catch Ryan in third. I got within a one second with two laps to go but wasn't close enough to make a move. Car started sputtering exiting turn eleven on the last lap but I made to the finish line with just enough fuel to finish fourth.

Race 2 L1: Started race two in fifth again. I didn't get a good start and quickly lost a place to Ryan, but would gain two places by turn two when Saul defended the inside line in turn one causing Ryan to get lose and nearly take the rear of my car out as I went around the outside. Stefan and James were two wide going through turn 3 so I left some space to get down the straight. I slide up behind Stefan because he got the better run of the two and was going to try and give him a bump to push him down the straight but I bumped too hard and he spun. So sorry about that Stefan, I didn't mean to take you out like that. When we rejoined we were in 18th and 19th place.

L's 4-6: Trying to pick my way through the pack when I got into the rear of Nunamaker exiting turn eight. Sorry David, you kind of came across the front of me and I didn't have enough time to get out of it. The next lap I got by David in turn four but Ryan was lurking near by and got by him as well. I'm able to fend Ryan off until he pits on lap six.

L's 7-9: At the end of lap seven I pit. When I exit Ryan blows by and knocks me back to 15th. We both press on and catch Willie and Glenn fighting for 11th. Ryan gets a good run off of turn eight and passes Willie on the inside of turn nine.

L 10: Willie and I go at it for the first half of the lap but he loses the rear at one point and I get by.

L 12: Caught up to Glenn and Ryan who were going at it for 11th. Getting a good run off of turn five put Glenn and I side by side in turn seven with me on the outside. Glenn throws it into the turn and I cut across his rear to get the inside line for turn eight and take 12th place.

L's 13-15: Hot on Ryans tail by the end of lap 13. On the second to last lap he goes wide in turn five and I barely sneak by on the inside. On the last lap we come up on Paul in 10th who just had a freeze of some sorts and comes back with Ryan and I right on his tail. I get by him in turn nine and finish in 10th.

I had a blast racing with everyone tonight and ill try and join in on more Friday nights. Thanks Eric and RD for the great event.

Quali : I take the pole during the last seconds of the session :p

Race : Start in first position but Henrik is very fast. Around the 10th lap, I can't protect my position anymore but I try to keep the rythme of Henrik.
My pitstop was good and I go out of stand in a group in battle in the 8th position. I am a little faster than them, but make a mistake in the last turn and spin in the sand. Luckily, I am always in front of Kjell and my brother :).
I retake my 2nd position with overtaking and pitstop of other drivers and finish in this position.

Congratulation to Henrik for the winning and to my brother for completing the podium.

Thanks all for a great and clean race, really pleasant event !

I was really glad for a long race!
My quali was poor so I exited the game to clear it and run from the rear end. When I tried to get back in, grid was full and couldn't enter. A quick chat with Dave got me it, whew! Nice clean start, got to watch the old Omer learn to fly! Most of the race was letting faster guys by. I bumped Linus off track, sorry, and waited. Drop outs moved me up. Watching Milke Bell was a riot, wobbling around on his worn out tires, lol!

Thanks RD, Dave!

lol i imagine it was
funny for me too but atleast 7 secs a lap off my pace cuz of em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years