rF2 Aussie Legends @ Bathurst - Thu 07Jun18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
IMPORTANT!

The server setup has been corrected so that the appropriate cars (based on the opening post of this thread) are now available for selection. Apologies for this mistake, and any inconvenience caused.

Any components that you do not have already will be automatically downloaded and installed upon joining the server.

Just a warning to anyone who hasn't yet practiced these: NONE of these cars want to brake into the Chase at the end of Conrod. They get upset over the bump that is there after the kink, and will lock a tyre and have massive brake temps on one side causing you to slide off in to the scenery. You need to start braking about a day before arriving at the kink before the braking zone. The brake temps are still unbalanced into the final corner too...very easy to spin here.

I can't get onto the server because of a freakin W10 update. Game just crashes back to launcher instead of entering the server. Numerous complete re-installations of rF2 have been fruitless. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

I can't get onto the server because of a freakin W10 update. Game just crashes back to launcher instead of entering the server. Numerous complete re-installations of rF2 have been fruitless. Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Bummer :(. The way those updates are forced is ridiculous. It's happened to me in the past as I was starting a race this big box appeared on screen saying it was about to do an update. Luckily I was able to postpone it to later. Sorry I can't offer any advice other than try a re-install of rF2 - but that could take over an hour with all the Workshop items. Hope you get it sorted.

Edit - Oops, I see you already did numerous installs. I just manged to log-on to the server, so it's definitely something on your side.

YesI know. I'm installing on another drive. Tomorrow I'm gonna buy a copy of W7.
I give up with W10, I just don't have enough knowledge.

So I did a few practice laps which went ok. I quit to desktop and installed a new GeForce Experience driver update. Now my Logitech wheel profiler won't launch!! I've re-installed the software and the wheel is detected. All the buttons are still mapped.. but the FFB is way too heavy and the rotation feels like it's gone from 900 degrees to 450. It's undriveable and I have no profiler to reset it.

Anyone got any ideas? I have to go to bed now - up early. I'll get home 7.30pm which gives me an hour before quali starts tomorrow to get it fixed.

Update: I booted up before I left the house and the profiler still not launching - I went into Devices and selected the wheel which allowed me to manually configure it. For some reason it was locked at 180 degrees last nite - but now back to 900 again. So I think it should be OK.

Regarding windows 10 I have just disabled all updates as it screwed all my games up.
I'm done with W10. ASAP I'm going back to W7. I feel better already - it's like I've been banging my head against a brick wall for no good reason. Feels great when you stop though. :)

I got that W10 April update yesterday and it seems to be fine. I had all updates postponed just for this reason of their being buggy. Not sure if it is relevant to RF2, but some ppl were saying that issues with AC after the update was about graphics setting and post process shaders.
As for the Logi profiler, you really don't need it anymore -most games will detect the wheel range fine. I have it installed but never activate it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back