rF2 Aussie Legends @ Bathurst - Thu 07Jun18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
hi guys...i think i'm gonna pull out...i have not had any practice and i have never driven these cars other than ten mins here the other day and i really struggled. at a course like bathurst i will just be a danger to everyone else. have fun guys !!

Thx all for fun races. I lucked into a couple of good results due to faster guys falling off, or stopping a lap early!! This track was a bit choppy in VR for me - and I couldn't see any lights at the start. For some reason my mic stopped working - took me 10 mins to realise I was chatting to myself :laugh:.

Some of you were chatting about tracks for future races. Can I suggest Barbagallo, Symmons Plains and Adelaide which are these cars natural habitats? Cheers.

Smashing headfirst into the same barrier barely 5 minutes into both of the races and destroying my engine in the process must certainly be up there amongst my most embarrassing race nights ever :D :rolleyes:

BTW, I'm really sorry people seem to be having so many issues with Win 10. I hate it when I read (or hear) about people going back to Win 7 or disabling updates, as that's something I just consider being very wrong generally, as I consider being up-to-date very important (that's the IT admin part of me talking). I do understand the frustration and the motivation behind doing so, obviously. I'm running up-to-date Win 10, I do occassionally get an issue here and there after the bigger updates, but rarely anything big. Wish I could help. If you think I could, feel free to drop me a PM or something (but note that my free time will be almost non-existent for immediate future, so I might not be able to do much testing or research).

It has also to be said that quite often Microsoft and/or Windows updates do get blamed by issues that are actually someone else's responsibility (I'm looking at you, nVidia, Creative, Asus...and others). It also doesn't help that most of the sims are not exactly problem free and/or stable in the first place :(

Smashing headfirst into the same barrier barely 5 minutes into both of the races and destroying my engine in the process must certainly be up there amongst my most embarrassing race nights ever :D :rolleyes:

BTW, I'm really sorry people seem to be having so many issues with Win 10. I hate it when I read (or hear) about people going back to Win 7 or disabling updates, as that's something I just consider being very wrong generally, as I consider being up-to-date very important (that's the IT admin part of me talking). I do understand the frustration and the motivation behind doing so, obviously. I'm running up-to-date Win 10, I do occassionally get an issue here and there after the bigger updates, but rarely anything big. Wish I could help. If you think I could, feel free to drop me a PM or something (but note that my free time will be almost non-existent for immediate future, so I might not be able to do much testing or research).

It has also to be said that quite often Microsoft and/or Windows updates do get blamed by issues that are actually someone else's responsibility (I'm looking at you, nVidia, Creative, Asus...and others). It also doesn't help that most of the sims are not exactly problem free and/or stable in the first place :(
it screws up AMS and RRE for me ...they look like turd...hence i have disabled any more updates

it screws up AMS and RRE for me ...they look like turd...hence i have disabled any more updates
Maybe mine do look like turd and I'm just used to it, but I don't think I have this issue. You can find videos of those games on my channel, as you probably know, but YT obviously butchers the quality. I believe I'm using pretty default settings for AMS, but I think I do have some sort of added graphics tweaks enabled for RRE through nVidia Inspector. But even without them, I don't think the games look much different (if at all) between my W10 and W7 install. A screenshot or video of the games "looking like turd" would probably be helpful.

I had the problems with AA not working after Fall Creators or whatever it was. I'm still using the work around for that in AMS and rF1. I just always have this nervous twitch that W10 is gonna update and screw my games up. Like I said somewhere, I delayed the last update because I had a hunch it was gonna mess with something. BOOM! I screwed rF2.
I don't have the time, the knowledge or the inclination to keep fixing it. Why should I? Nobody pays me for my time - it's just wasted time I'll never get back.
When the time comes that the games I wanna play are DX 12 only... well then I may consider W10.. or 25 or whatever. But for now, I'll buy a bigger SSD and load W7.
That's just me though - to each his own. ;)

It's a Win10 incompatibility issue with the G27
There's a long standing issue where Windows tends to overwrite Logitech drivers with their own certified ones almost at random (not really, but might seem that way) because they consider them newer, so I'm guessing that's what happened to you. That was an annoying thing for sure when I still had Logitech gear. I blame Logitech for that, though, because the version numbering of their old drivers has been a complete mess (as is often the case with Logitech software - they make great hardware, but the software side of things is often terrible in my experience).

As for the Logi profiler, you really don't need it anymore -most games will detect the wheel range fine. I have it installed but never activate it.
I don't use it all the time but when my wheel's rotation got stuck on 180 degrees I needed to open it. Luckily I was able to reset it in 'devices'.

There's a long standing issue where Windows tends to overwrite Logitech drivers with their own certified ones almost at random (not really, but might seem that way) because they consider them newer, so I'm guessing that's what happened to you. That was an annoying thing for sure when I still had Logitech gear. I blame Logitech for that, though, because the version numbering of their old drivers has been a complete mess (as is often the case with Logitech software - they make great hardware, but the software side of things is often terrible in my experience).
I'm using an old driver because the newer ones don't work. It's the driver on their website G27 page. I have to agree, these wheels are robust. I've had it over 5 years and it's still going strong. In a way I want it break so I have an excuse to buy an upgrade!

I'm using an old driver because the newer ones don't work. It's the driver on their website G27 page.
Yeah, that's the one they tend to overwrite because there's a newer driver from Logitech which (if I remember correctly) has the same version number, but it's different and doesn't actually work with G27. If it's this issue, then uninstalling the new driver and reinstalling the old one should be enough.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%