AC [AUS Server] Formula Abarth @ Nurburgring GP - Sat 21st June

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I can solve the stuttering by switching back to just one monitor. So yeah I should be able to make it.
Have you tried the "Alt+ Tab" thing? I've heard that can sometimes help. Like just alt tab out of the game, then alt tab back and apparently it can improve FPS.

Also, have you tried turning down the cube map resolution to 2 or 1? That can substantially increase performance.

Thanks for the suggestion Chris, unfortunately alt-tabbing doesn't solve it for me, neither do any of the other settings (including v-sync on or off). But it's definitely caused by turning on triple screens.

It just means I'll have to put the horse blinkers on and revert to the one monitor for the night :ninja:

Thanks for the suggestion Chris, unfortunately alt-tabbing doesn't solve it for me, neither do any of the other settings (including v-sync on or off). But it's definitely caused by turning on triple screens.

It just means I'll have to put the horse blinkers on and revert to the one monitor for the night :ninja:
haha Okay mate.

I know that before the update, if I alt-tabbed out of the game it would introduce stuttering. I don't run Vsync and instead run a framecap at 60 fps, but when I test turning Vsync on the stuttering doesn't happen no matter what I do. I haven't tested whether that has changed today.

So yeah, I tend to avoid alt-tabbing personally though maybe turning Vsync on might stop it.

Oh and yeah, drop cubemaps and smoke effects down if you want a more stable framerate. Cubemaps are only really noticeable in replays and high smoke effects cause havoc to framerates in this game for some reason.

Also as I think the anisotropic filtering bug is still around, don't run that at 16x as it causes a substantial framerate loss for no reason (texture filtering normally barely has any impact on framerates even at 16x, so something is up there). 8x or 4x is a better option. :)

Great race guys!
Congrats to Sun, was just way too quick! ahah
2014-06-21_00001.jpg

Cheers for the race guys. :) Wasn't really in the zone here and didn't really have a setup for the track. Couldn't nail a lap down in quali and the race was a mess of no grip and penalties. Oh well. :p

cheers to chris and tony again for setting up , congrats to levi, mich and chris , hmm i run out of fuel again i thought it was 14 laps not 15 :poop:, i was having those stutters also dave but not as bad as you ,they were like micro stutters which i have not had before , also the ovi app stopped working showing no fuel or times or speed

cheers to chris and tony again for setting up , congrats to levi, mich and chris , hmm i run out of fuel again i thought it was 14 laps not 15 :poop:, i was having those stutters also dave but not as bad as you ,they were like micro stutters which i have not had before , also the ovi app stopped working showing no fuel or times or speed

Did you run the Medium tyres Noel?
Your pace dropped off massively with about 4 laps to go, I was actually amazed to see one of the top three in front of me because you guys were lightning fast up until that point.
Or did you have to slow down to save fuel?

If you'd have been on TeamSpeak, you'd have heard us say that it was 15 laps :p:whistling:
Also, when you're on the starting grid, in the "Fuel" section in the setup screen, it says how many laps the race is.

yes i was on mediums chris but i forgot too change my max camber settings and funny toe in settings back for race they were shot in the end, so all those settings really do work .AMAZING STUFF BY KUNOS

Don't forget to use the fix for the ov1 app noel. Its on the asset to forum
Great fun guys, Dave and I had a blast ghosting each other

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%