Resource icon

Tracks Augusta International Raceway 2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sorry but nothing about this layout on this version or you previous builds is accurate. I just started getting back into my project and it is basically an entirely different track. You simply cannot make an accurate circuit with RTB. Maybe someday it will support the proper use of lidar data but until then RTB should really stick to fantasy tracks. I will be posting an updated video of mine in the next few days.

1595172114732.png

so could we try together?
No offense but that is not likely. If you had more experience I could possibly entertain the idea but I don't have the time to teach outside of my tutorial videos. I can work with someone like JohnR on Road America as he is at a similar experience level as myself and we can just simply work on stuff without questioning each other. If he says he is going to build something I can trust it will be done at a professional level.

By no means am I saying you should stop what you are doing. I think you still have a lot to learn if you want to create accurate tracks. Learn to work with data in proper programs outside of RTB such as Blender or 3DS Max. Or if you want to continue with what you are doing now that is fine too if it makes you happy. I just wanted to make you aware that the methods you are currently using are incapable of producing accurate results, and that I will continue to work on mine.

ok, thanks
i found a lidar data that gave me a KMZ archive, but blender doesn't have support for this type of archive. I tried sketchup to open this archive, to save in .dae, but gives me import error.
Maybe converting it to .SVG works?
or what is the best way?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back