Audio issue

Hi,

I have a quad speak set up: FL, FR, RL and RR, each speak is connected to the respective audio output on the computer. And audio is set to “Quad” in rF2’s audio setting page.

When the car goes straight, all 4 speakers sound fine. But as soon as the car turns, the rear speaks will get cut off intermittently. It will resume after the car goes straight again.

I tried 4, 5.1, 7.1 and results are the same. This only happens in rF2. All other games seems to be fine.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks

Thanks.

But the the in-game audio setting does have the "Quad", "5.1" and "7.1".. etc options. I understand this may be simulated surround rather than true surround, but should still audio shouldn't be cutting off intermittently for the rear speakers, right?

rF2's only in stereo.

Thanks.

But the the in-game audio setting does have the "Quad", "5.1" and "7.1".. etc options. I understand this may be simulated surround rather than true surround, but should still audio shouldn't be cutting off intermittently for the rear speakers, right?

I think you may have forgotten, but you created this identical thread back in Oct. of last year.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/surround-sound-for-rf2.160356/

Same reply there.
And, a simple search of "rF2 stereo only" or something similar will give you plenty of results.
This one's a bit dated, but was still active some months ago. Answers are the same there.
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/audio-surround.43930/

I'll leave the technical reasons to those far more versed than myself in audio stuffs.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 157 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 119 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%