Audi TT RS VLN Released for RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ttrs3.jpg

Sector3 Studios have made available the Audi TT RS VLN for their RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation, bringing the high performance, high downforce VLN specification Audi to the simulation for the first time.

Now you may think this is already available in RaceRoom in the form of the Audi TT Cup car, however you would be wrong in that assumption, very wrong indeed... The TT RS VLN is indeed a TT, but that is where the comparison stops. First thing you will notice visually is the massive rear wing, added to the car to help keep the rear end planted as you try to put down all of the 400 horsepower to the tarmac.

Designed specifically to combat the epic Nordschleife VLN series, the TT RS VLN is an awesome piece of engineering. The car pack in RaceRoom comes with 20 liveries and retails for 349vRP. The car is available to purchase now.

Audi TT RS VLN Release Trailer
RaceRoom Racing Experience is available via the Steam Network. You can download the game with limited content for free, and various track and car packs are available to purchase both in the in game store and on Steam.

ttrs2.jpg Audi TT RS VLN.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have some of the best conversation, all the latest news and of course our epic Racing Club, where you can take the sim out on track against your fellow R3E players.
Have you tried the TT RS VLN yet? What are your first impressions of the new car? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Raceroom thread viewing guide:

• Pricing model sucks
  • Connectivity errors
  • Requests for offline mode
  • Obligatory "Stop wasting your time with new content, I want new features..."
  • Generic "My sim e-p**n is better than yours..."
  • Comparisons to iRacing pricing model
  • People learning that their opinion is simply that, and nothing more.
  • Also obligatory "where's Brands Hatch GP" comment
Have I missed anything boys? :rolleyes:

:D

Yet that doesn't make the software more available when it's not. ;)

It doesn't really need to be this way! Rise of Flight is a flightsim that uses a very similar model, yet it still allows you to fly when you're offline. It stores which planes you have bought, and then you can play any offline mission. I'd really love for that to happen for R3E, simply because it reduces reliance on S3's servers. As well as the load.

I think you covered it, now we can continue :)
Really a fun and easy to drive car. Did a five lap race at Nordschleife and I guess the AI haven't figured it out yet - they let me win! I fear they will 'adapt' soon :(
Worth the few dollars (in my case US$ 2.68).

The entire contents can be bought in the US for $65 (use the 10,000 vrp package in the store) so price isn't really a big deal to me. I have spent more than that just because I have bought them over the last few years piece meal but they have addressed the price issue pretty nicely with the "packs".

Not to mention that you can do any of the competitions for free and have hours of fun without spending a dime. Now if they will get to the VR:roflmao: - Sorry Christian, you missed one!

• Pricing model sucks
  • Connectivity errors

If all those issues that you've mentioned were fixed this would definitely be my go to sim! Hang on, it already is! I have all of the other sims and try my best to get my monies worth out of them but always find myself returning to R3E even with all of it's aforementioned downfalls. (OOH that sound) :)
P.S you missed out the inconsiderate AI to your rear.

Last edited:
Now if they will get to the VR:roflmao: - Sorry Christian, you missed one!
Ah yes, how could I forget the glory of VR. :) A little update on that, in case you didn't watch the stream they had earlier in November, they've hired someone who specializes in rendering who will try to get a DX9 implementation of the renderer that could be used for the Vive and the Oculus. :)

(OOH that sound) :)
P.S you missed out the inconsiderate AI to your rear.

In my opinion, R3E has the best sounds, and the little details like the transmission wobble make the game that much more immersive. I can't wait for the M6 to see them nail the sound on that one. Such a unique sound with the TwinPower Turbo and the relatively quiet V8.

The AI has mostly returned to the glory days of pre-big grids patch, but I have to agree with you, they do still pull some slightly boneheaded moves from time to time. :p

I'm really looking forward to our first club race with these. The car is relatively easy to drive and has tons of grip. Doing a VLN special event with multiple classes including these would be something I'd like to see in the future.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
they've hired someone who specializes in rendering
Nice to know! Just started to use a Vive and the immersion is really great (it even got me to try Pcars again) though the visuals leave a bit to be desired. With the great sound, enjoyable game play and vr it will be an incredible experience in R3E!!
If the guy they hired needs any help I'm sure he can just call on all the people who posted how "easy" it would be to implement:D

• Pricing model sucks
  • Connectivity errors

Great post - major time saver! :D

It doesn't really need to be this way! Rise of Flight is a flightsim that uses a very similar model, yet it still allows you to fly when you're offline. It stores which planes you have bought, and then you can play any offline mission. I'd really love for that to happen for R3E, simply because it reduces reliance on S3's servers. As well as the load.

Yes that would be great. BTW compared to Rise of Flight with all DLC, R3E is very cheap!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back