Audi TT RS VLN Released for RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ttrs3.jpg

Sector3 Studios have made available the Audi TT RS VLN for their RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation, bringing the high performance, high downforce VLN specification Audi to the simulation for the first time.

Now you may think this is already available in RaceRoom in the form of the Audi TT Cup car, however you would be wrong in that assumption, very wrong indeed... The TT RS VLN is indeed a TT, but that is where the comparison stops. First thing you will notice visually is the massive rear wing, added to the car to help keep the rear end planted as you try to put down all of the 400 horsepower to the tarmac.

Designed specifically to combat the epic Nordschleife VLN series, the TT RS VLN is an awesome piece of engineering. The car pack in RaceRoom comes with 20 liveries and retails for 349vRP. The car is available to purchase now.

Audi TT RS VLN Release Trailer
RaceRoom Racing Experience is available via the Steam Network. You can download the game with limited content for free, and various track and car packs are available to purchase both in the in game store and on Steam.

ttrs2.jpg Audi TT RS VLN.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have some of the best conversation, all the latest news and of course our epic Racing Club, where you can take the sim out on track against your fellow R3E players.
Have you tried the TT RS VLN yet? What are your first impressions of the new car? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
So much great content! Too bad there are too much gamebreaking bugs which keep a lot of players away from the title. I'll wait and see how fast the development of the core game advances before buying any new content.

Purchased the Audi TT RS VLN..and it is awesome...and I was watching my reply and noticed the front windscreen banner on the Audi I was driving that says...'Gran Turismo The Real Driving Simulator'...that's odd, or is it.
EDIT: I guess not..just watched a real live You tube video of the actual Audi's on Nords...and what do you know the banner is on there as well...great attention to detail Sector 3 Studios :)
Gran Turismo is VLN event sponsor, all cars are required to apply the banner.

Just my opinion which I'm entitled to defend when I feel I need too. Everyone is entitled to an opinion if I'm not mistaken, the fact my opinion ruffles the feathers of some RD users is just par for the course when making negative comments about ONE aspect of a particular sim.
Hey calm down. You haven't ruffled any feathers matey. I don't care what you like or dislike either. The trouble with forums is that people think that by typing something it affects others the same as it might do to themselves. Well it doesn't. You play whatever game you want, and I'll do the same. I'm not ruffled in the slightest. All I know is that for me RRE is the best online race simulator at the moment and the club racing here is the best of the lot. But that's my opinion and I have them all too.

And yes, we all have opinions. In fact opinions are like arrse holes, we all have one. ;)

ps, AC is miles behind RRE when it comes to playability, graphics, track details, FFB, pyhsics, car models, sounds, online racing, AI racing etc etc blah blah...........:p:D In fact AC has nothing going for it at all as far as I can tell. :cool:

@Andrew Scott

You paid nothing for the base package. R3E is free to play (to a point). Sector3 make their money through selling content. To say AMS and AC throw things in for free is wrong when you've already paid for the base package.

And I'm not a defender of the game or sales model. I think there's plenty wrong with how this game is sold but it is what it is. You choose to support it or you don't.

Nearly all racing games feature Brands Hatch GP so I'm sure there wouldn't be a licensing issue stopping it.

Though, the issue with Brands Hatch is indeed related to licensing, otherwise it would be included in the game for a long time.
The Indy layout was part of the DTM 2013 season, and the reason it was added to R3E. ;)

Haven't had chance to try this new car yet but judging by what I've read it looks a good buy.

My only comment viewing the posts on here is from my own perspective I race in the sim I enjoy the most. And for me that's RRE. It allows me to race when I want with a great selection of vehicles. It's also the one sim that I can kind of jump into without having to do 100's of practise laps every time.

Doesn't matter to me too much about the pay system; it is what it is.

There are very few free to own sims anymore that don't require paid DLC's. That's how they survive.

To put a different slant on it. The costs involved of staying active on some console games is larger by comparison. Seasons passes etc.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo is VLN event sponsor, all cars are required to apply the banner.

Perhaps the comment you are responding to was remarking on the fact that it actually has the proper sponsor logos on the wind screen.

Other sims that have real world liveries 'flub' some of their competitors logos on certain liveries.

AC and their ADAC liveries for the Audi r8 come to mind where they replaced the RR logo on the back wing with an AC logo. Cheeky.

Love this car, very enjoyable to drive!!! Not sure why people whine on EUR 3.48 considering all the work they had to do and time spent to deliver it. Nothing comes from thin air, this will give me hours of fun!

But of course some people still have the mentality that they want things for free, pfffffff. Cheap arses.

Hey calm down. You haven't ruffled any feathers matey. I don't care what you like or dislike either. The trouble with forums is that people think that by typing something it affects others the same as it might do to themselves. Well it doesn't. You play whatever game you want, and I'll do the same. I'm not ruffled in the slightest. All I know is that for me RRE is the best online race simulator at the moment and the club racing here is the best of the lot. But that's my opinion and I have them all too.

And yes, we all have opinions. In fact opinions are like arrse holes, we all have one. ;)

ps, AC is miles behind RRE when it comes to playability, graphics, track details, FFB, pyhsics, car models, sounds, online racing, AI racing etc etc blah blah...........:p:D In fact AC has nothing going for it at all as far as I can tell. :cool:

AC has better car interiors and non-generic dashboards. Also has Porsches, Ferraris and Lambourghinis.

I'm with you on most of the other points, though (yes I do prefer R3E graphics, and I mean the cars models too, not just the non-sterile tracks)...

To summarise, the car is dirt cheap after all the work they have put into it, the car drives brilliantly, it is another noteworthy addition to the best race sim and finally absolutely no feathers ruffled.
I guarantee Mr Scott will buy this car now. Despite what he says.........;):whistling::D

Though, the issue with Brands Hatch is indeed related to licensing, otherwise it would be included in the game for a long time.
The Indy layout was part of the DTM 2013 season, and the reason it was added to R3E. ;)
Thanks for replying, Anthony.

I am aware of why Brands Hatch is in R3E and why only the Indy layout is present, but is there a reason why the licence for the full GP circuit cannot be/hasn't been acquired?

Thanks.

Perhaps the comment you are responding to was remarking on the fact that it actually has the proper sponsor logos on the wind screen.

Other sims that have real world liveries 'flub' some of their competitors logos on certain liveries.

AC and their ADAC liveries for the Audi r8 come to mind where they replaced the RR logo on the back wing with an AC logo. Cheeky.

I've read the whole comment.. ;)

Wow what a great car. I thought the WTCC cars had redeemed FWD but this car is something else. This has to be the most entertaining FWD of all time. I love how it rotates when you lift off at low speed (due to suspension settings) but then it's stable at high speeds due to that big wing on the back. Brilliant!

Another nice addition to the game which should make for some good club racing.
An easy to drive grippy car, personally i find this version a bit dull compared to the TT cup version
Asides from some future track releases and the updated gt3 models i am really looking forward to the release of the BMW M235i.
In regards to the pricing i have no issues forking over top dollars to a dev team as long as they deliever racing licenses that interest me and right now RRE has the largest license selection to all my favorite rl series....DTM, wtcc, gt3 and audi tt cup.
So for me its money well invested to have quality content to all my fav series all in one title.
There pricing model isnt the greatest by any means and could use some tweaking but i actually prefer it to other games.....i could easily spend $60-80 on another title which gives 100s cars and xx tracks of which only 10 cars i care to drive or i could spend the same amount on content that i really want to drive and avoid paying for a bunch of content that doesnt interest me.
The engine and some content is free....each new release pays for future licenses, the devs and future development....no dlc no further development or licenses

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back