• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU Audi TT RS (VLN) @ Red Bull Ring - Wed 13 Feb 2018

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club & Leagues' started by Craig Dunkley, Feb 4, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 13-02-19
  1. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Race Events Host Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,617
    sure there is ..see you on the grid :thumbsup:

2. Craig Anderson

Craig Anderson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    It seems like the kids aren't going to let me get on before 8:30 :( unless I drop everything and come on now

3. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,124
    i dunno about this sim...i can't seem to get a feel for it at all...that's the reason it is my least played of rf2, ams and raceroom. the feeling of front wheel cars in raceroom is so so much better...i'm in a championship right now and sat at 10th out of 32 with the wtcr on RRE so while i'm not the quickest i'm not the slowest either but my god i could get any sort of feeling with this car...maybe its just me?? maybe it's my wheel settings?? i did not enjoy that one bit hence i quit after getting taken out. enjoy the rest of you...not for me...

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Leminent

Leminent
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6
    Tonight was awesome! Though I came 18th (or 19th) in both races, it was my first time and a positive for myself was the start of the first race where I made up a lot of places... until crashing xD but still looking forward to more races in the future! :) (p.s sorry I didn't talk much, quite a nervous guy )

• Beer Beer x 7
  5. Ken Bell

Ken Bell
    Premium

Ratings:
    +209
    Well done Luke. You did ok my friend.
    Me? Last as usual but not worried at all. I’m just glad I am racing again.
    Cheers everyone. Good company for the evening and just nice friendly banter.

• Beer Beer x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Leminent

Leminent
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6
    Thank you :) even though you came last you're a great person to race against! Before I never took assetto corsa seriously as I just messed around with mods but the past few days I've been trying properly and prior to this week I never used the pedals on my wheel so I got used to shifting with them. So overall it was a huge learning curve and again looking forward to racing again asap :D

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  7. Craig Anderson

Craig Anderson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    Seems like I missed some great races :(

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. RobertR1

RobertR1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +201
    Good clean fun. Glad everyone had a good time.

• Beer Beer x 3
  9. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley

Ratings:
    +1,617
    One of the best races I have hosted, there were battles right through the field, It was a pleasure to host, it really was. I was surprised just how good this car was to drive, she is very stable. I will certainly be holding more events with this car.

Congratulations of course to the podiums ..I hope you guys right at the front had a good time also :thumbsup:

Next Wednesday we are doing something a little different, we are racing a rally car @Bridgehampton ..not for the faint hearted ...The default setup is a bit under steery, but I have a stable setup for this combo that I am happy to share :thumbsup: ..I hope to see you all next week :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Craig Anderson

Craig Anderson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    What's the password to get into the servers

Don't worry found them

• Beer Beer x 1
  11. marek2209

marek2209
    Premium

Ratings:
    +22
    Nice race guys :thumbsup:
    It was a lot of fun and had some good, hard but fair fights, too :D
    And thanks again @Craig Dunkley for hosting the race:)
    See ya next time :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. jayk

jayk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +58
    That was fun guys, really enjoyed that. I just couldn't get the perfect lap i was 0.700 up and messed it up in the 2nd to last bend for qualifying, would of been a mid 1:33.

Races were fun, had some good battles. For some reason my pace at the start of the race isn't great, im not smooth and just make mistakes then mid race i start getting on the pace.

I might on be racing now until i get my pedals fixed, its difficult to use the clutch as the brake when trying to trail!

• Beer Beer x 1
  13. Kek700

Kek700
    Premium

Ratings:
    +313
    i am glad everyone had such a good race:) i got hit more times in those two races than i have
    in the past two years of racing. i kid you not:(.?

14. Craig Anderson

Craig Anderson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    Oh that's not good

15. RobertR1

RobertR1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +201
    That sucks man. Were you on teamspeak? I’ve always found it easier to call it out as it happens at the time.

I had an issue with qualifying where I ran into a car on my fastest lap. I called it out right away and turns outs his screen had gone black on him. We both had resolution right away and were able to move on.

16. OllieGTX

OllieGTX
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    I'll add my complements into the hat too, I really enjoyed myself. Thanks for welcoming me. Thanks @Craig Dunkley for organising.
    @Leminent you did awesome and won the battle of the newbies! thanks also to @Ken Bell for some spirited and friendly battles!
    Until next time!

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  17. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley

Ratings:
    +1,617
    Was you hit off the track? or was it just love taps? ..if you feel another driver breached the rules then you should message me ..complaining about it here is not the correct way forward.

• Love Love x 1
  18. jayk

jayk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +58
    Love taps work well in this these cars :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. PfzFantaribo

PfzFantaribo
    Honestly what are we doing ? Racing or ping-pong ? Premium

Ratings:
    +149
    They do indeed, to a certain extent.

There was numerous example of hopeless divebombs at T2 that resulted in the overtaken driver being hit, pushed out and overtaken without an apology. I know it's tricky to brake consistently at the right moment, but if you do this the best thing to do is to lift off to give the position back, or at the very least a verbal apology.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Kek700

Kek700
    Premium

Ratings:
    +313
    Not really, it just happens sometimes, i had all my years bad luck in 50 minutes :)
    did not bother me. honest gov :)
    every one seemed so happy with the race, thought i would add a downer to balance it out a bit.:thumbsup:

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.