1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Audi TT RS VLN @ Imola - Tues 03Oct17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Sep 23, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 03-10-17
  1. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +233
    Well, great start, tried a cheeky manoeuvre into the chicane for the lead, thought I'd clipped Patrick, couldn't see him in mirrors, so lifted anticipating a wait and to apologise only for him to appear again on my right, tried dragging him to the next chicane and being my usual over ambitious self I was off daisy cutting. :rolleyes:
    Did manage to get back to 4th and held it right up to the last lap where I clipped the grass right on braking into first chicane, so went through it backwards (try to gain a 10th from anywhere), copped myself a drive through, wept all the way to the line. :cry:
    A pleasure as always gents, sorry Kenny but the shout to go left was a tad late, I was already straddling the right kerb, if I'd braked it would have been carnage!
    Also while I'm at it, for some reason my mic refuses to work on the RD server, fine if I test it but nowt when live, I assure you all it's a blessing but will endeavour to get it sorted.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +540
    It was the first time I drove this car and was pleasantly surprised that it doesn't drive like that aweful TT Cup... Plus it sounds like a proper Audi race car (it reminds me of the Quattro S1 whose sound is insane, unlike the wimpy sound of the TT Cup...)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,185
    I liked the TT Cup car until it's last update, since they took the info on it from an actual driver I'm sure it's more realistic, but suddenly it didn't feel like fun anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +509
    Here's the video of my battle with @Lars Hansen. He was a little faster than me but once I got in front he just didn't have quite enough speed to get around me. With just a few laps to go and both front tires in the yellow I was having trouble keeping it on the track but with him riding my tailpipe I couldn't afford to slow down and that's when I made a mistake. He got past me but then almost gave it back on the last lap!

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    Buggered if I know..... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Yeah, I had maybe one or two tenths on you. Just enough to catch up again after a mistake, but not quite enough to get past.
    And the fact that you always managed to get a better exit off the last corner, meant I spent the entire front straight just catching back up again.
    'Infuriating' doesn't even begin to describe it. :roflmao:
    Interesting that you had tire-wear problems though. I had my front right turn yellow with 2-3 laps remaining IIRC, but that was about it.

My view of things (basically 25 minutes looking at Mikes rear-end. :p )

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  6. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier

Ratings:
    +540
    BTW sorry @Lars Hansen for braking early in the second chicane, didn't want to go two wide in there with Paul :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    Buggered if I know..... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Where's your sense of adventure? :D
    But no problem, wouldn't have been able to catch you at any rate so it's a moot point. .)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +509
    Had to keep you from drafting me in that straight since it's really the only one long enough on this course to get any draft advantage.
    My right front was yellow just over half way thru and the left joined it shortly thereafter:(. I either had my toe-in set a lot higher than you or it was just my bad driving. Or, most likely a combination of both;).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier

Ratings:
    +540
    For what it's worth, here's the setup I was using. It's not groundbreaking or anything and I'm sure it could be faster, but here it is!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Infamous_1

Infamous_1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    Nice first R3E race for me. Hadn't had much time to practice but luckily that TT is easy enough to drive, although I kept making small mistakes.

Was trying to catch up to Ross the whole race but it seemed he was managing the gap nicely since no matter if I drove a good lap (for me) or made mistakes the gap stayed the same.

Thankfully Vertigo346 has provided proof that the difference in speed was all down to the almost default setup I was running and not my lack of skills ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
  11. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,040
    "Managing" is a strong word! It was more a case of totally buggering up one lap and posting a personal best the next, so I was able to stay ahead. For a few laps I was even staying with the front guys but it all went downhill after that. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  12. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,185
    Yeah of course that's my problem, I need a better setup:D:whistling:

• Haha Haha x 3