RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
firstly really really sorry @Brian Greenwood major brain fade, just got caught up in your draft and got caught between pulling out and getting off the throttle and before i reacted ran up the back of you, then to make matters worse apologised to Bruce, not Brian. So again sorry mate and hope it didnt tear up your car too bad!

yeah that qualy issue, what the hell..... oh well lets just hope they can fix it. I will pm you a download link @Andi Goodwin cant seem to get it to upload

edit: okay cant start a conversation so hopefully this link is okay

http://www.filedropper.com/log_2

All good from my side :thumbsup:

just been watching replay :roflmao:

That was a terrible performance by me today. I didn't even get to set a lap time. actually, I was on my hot lap and only needed 2 seconds to cross the start/finish line. But it was too damn late and the game went straight to the race.:confused: So I started at the back of the grid. I managed to reach the 2:21s in my only lap of quali, but for some reason I had to exit the server and rejoin. I did it once then I was told to do it again which left me without enough time time qualify.

I crashed on the first lap. Someone slowed down in front of me near the end of Eau Rouge and so I slowed down and was hit from behind and straight into the wall. I think I was trying to avoid the driver in front of me and attempted to slow down and steer away a bit, but that caused an accident. My apologies.

I stayed in the race and found a challenge with @Shawn Jacobs. Well, a funny thing happened. As soon as Shawn got close to @Keith Joyce, Keith lost control of the car. As soon as I got close to Shawn he too lost control and I passed him. It was funny cause it happened so fast, one after the other.:roflmao:

Shawn caught up to me and it was close. He passed me and was ahead of me for a couple of laps. Then luckily, he received a massive slow down penalty on the last lap??? Shawn, you were doing so well bro. So I snatched the final top 10 position P10 to finish the race. But after the race the game results said I finished P7? But my Sli Pro said P10.
RRRE 2016-01-24 14-29-05-02.jpg

Anyway I still somehow had some fun driving these beast around one of my favorite tracks since the good old GT5 days on PS3.:rolleyes:

Congrats to @Oscar Hardwick for the win, to the podium and to all finishers! Thanks @Kenny Paton and @Lars Hansen for organizing these unofficial fun events these past 6-7 Sundays. A very special Congratulations to @Otune for such dominating efforts. May all the bragging rights be with you. Great driving!

edit; just saw some of the replay of Eau Rouge incident. After I slowed down I caught myself on the curb and the grass. I tried steering back on track but caused an accident. Again, my apologies.

Last edited:
That was a terrible performance by me today. I didn't even get to set a lap time. actually, I was on my hot lap and only needed 2 seconds to cross the start/finish line. But it was too damn late and the game went straight to the race.:confused: So I started at the back of the grid. I managed to reach the 2:21s in my only lap of quali, but for some reason I had to exit the server and rejoin. I did it once then I was told to do it again which left me without enough time time qualify.

I crashed on the first lap. Someone slowed down in front of me near the end of Eau Rouge and so I slowed down and was hit from behind and straight into the wall. I think I was trying to avoid the driver in front of me and attempted to slow down and steer away a bit, but that caused an accident. My apologies.

I stayed in the race and found a challenge with @Shawn Jacobs. Well, a funny thing happened. As soon as Shawn got close to @Keith Joyce, Keith lost control of the car. As soon as I got close to Shawn he too lost control and I passed him. It was funny cause it happened so fast, one after the other.:roflmao:

Shawn caught up to me and it was close. He passed me and was ahead of me for a couple of laps. Then luckily, he received a massive slow down penalty on the last lap??? Shawn, you were doing so well bro. So I snatched the final top 10 position P10 to finish the race. But after the race the game results said I finished P7? But my Sli Pro said P10.View attachment 119071

Anyway I still somehow had some fun driving these beast around one of my favorite tracks since the good old GT5 days on PS3.:rolleyes:

Congrats to @Oscar Hardwick for the win, to the podium and to all finishers! Thanks @Kenny Paton and @Lars Hansen for organizing these unofficial fun events these past 6-7 Sundays. A very special Congratulations to @Otune for such dominating efforts. May all the bragging rights be with you. Great driving!

edit; just saw some of the replay of Eau Rouge incident. After I slowed down I caught myself on the curb and the grass. I tried steering back on track but caused an accident. Again, my apologies.
Ha-ha definitely enjoyed chasing you down :) you had a good line and with a bit more smoothness could be proper quick.

yeah spins spins spins for me I think I spun in front of @Keith Joyce at least twice lol and that last slow down not sure what the go there was just made a little mistake and got slightly offline and bam penalty.

Have to say the penalties a crazy freaken harsh, its one thing for a deliberate cut but you run slightly wide or make and error through a chicane and not only do you suffer from the error but you get a long arse penalty that definitely doesn't seem to be just the 3 seconds lol everyone has the same rules though :)

Sign me up please.
By the way looking at the leaderboard does this track even have track limits???? Seems wrong how far the lines go wide.

Sorry I missed the race. Cleared cache, updated software, checked hardware, checked internet connection.....anything to narrow the cause of the Error 503 issues. I won't be able to commit to any races until the cause of the Error 503 is found and/or fixed.

I was watching the 2015 F1 race at Spa.
Alot of them have almost all 4 wheels over the track limit line (inside wheels just barely touching the white line with the outside of the tire) in....
turn 4 (Lewis Hamilton cut here), 7, 9, 14, 15, 17
With some drivers receiving track limit warnings exiting turn 15.
Other than that, it looks as if they use very little of the curbs. I need to try that.
Turns 9, 10, and 11. Looks like they try to avoid the curbs.

Being the offtrack excursion king ;), from what I have found, here is where you can have all 4 wheels over the white track limit lines.

Turn 4 (Radillon), you can cut a chunk on the inside near the very top (completely off track)
Exit out of turn 7
Exit out of turn 13
Exit out of turn 14
Exit out of turn 15 you can run way wide
Entry to turn 17
Exit to turn 17.
Turn 9 isn't on the list because you can get a track limit warning there.

Overall, Raceroom seems to mirror the real track limits at Spa.

Yes, some turns you can have all 4 wheels over, but then you're in the gravel and that is a penalty in itself. Turn 13 is an example.

The only exception is the entry to turn 17.
You can drive all the way onto the grass before turning in - if you want.
Whereas in real life, drivers maybe touch the white line before turning in.
Exit to turn 4, I used to get Invalid lap warnings for barely touching the white line for pit exit. But I think that was fixed.

I like the hardcore RD's track limit rule (no more than 2 wheels over white line) though.
Leaves NO QUESTION and people aren't disadvantaged because they never find loopholes in the track limits. But that would mean someone specifically looking at the race video to identify and penalize people after the race - instead of during the race. So it's a tough issue to enforce, even though it's racing for fun and we shouldn't have this issue (of which I'm guilty).

Isn't that the rule in F1 anyway. I have heard track limit warnings AND PENALIZED on TV for having 4 wheels over the track limit lines. And even if you see them go way over, tv doesn't necessarily tell you, all the time, they received warnings. I guess you receive 2 warnings, then penalty?

Last edited:
I enjoyed the races earlier, still really like the Radical :)

The first race went perfectly for me. Pole, good start, defended the first corner, then drove away! :roflmao:

The second race, not so much. A bad start and bad first corner meant Andi was in front and I spent the entire race trying to find a way past. I thought that running high downforce on a small track like Norisring would be fine, but the top speed on the straight still mattered since no matter how good of an exit I got out of the corners compared to Andi, he would just pull away. That's something I'll keep in mind for the other Norisring races this week ;)

Really enjoyed the race tonight :thumbsup: I had a much cleaner race than Bathurst last week, being more consistent and keeping @Oscar Hardwick somewhat within my sights :roflmao:

I got very lucky when Oscar had a hefty slow-down penalty. Of course my lead was slowly being eaten away, but I was hoping to put up one hell of a fight to try and keep Oscar behind me. Unfortunately, he jumped me in the pits :roflmao:. From there I drove as hard as I could but the gap just kept increasing. Congrats to Oscar for the win :thumbsup:

Hi Dean,
I missed the race today but I've been practicing tonight. I was chuffed when I managed to do a 2.22.59 in the Audi, until I saw that you did a 2.21!!
Can anyone tell me what sort of lap times were being posted?

Hi Dean,
I missed the race today but I've been practicing tonight. I was chuffed when I managed to do a 2.22.59 in the Audi, until I saw that you did a 2.21!!
Can anyone tell me what sort of lap times were being posted?

Since the club event is over i think it's ok to talk about lap times, Oscar was in 17's race pace, Oli was in 18's few fellas in 19 and allot in 20's - 21's

I like the hardcore RD's track limit rule (no more than 2 wheels over white line) though.
Leaves NO QUESTION and people aren't disadvantaged because they never find loopholes in the track limits. But that would mean someone specifically looking at the race video to identify and penalize people after the race - instead of during the race. So it's a tough issue to enforce, even though it's racing for fun and we shouldn't have this issue (of which I'm guilty).

Yes impossible to police. The other race clubs that I have raced in here at RD did enforce the rule hence why I questioned it previously on here. Kenny's job would be impossible though. The whole thing is done on trust in club racing. Racers are told not to have more than two wheels over the white line but they just ignore this rule to the detriment of honest guys who stick to it. They ignore it because they want to win or get the fastest lap times at any cost. To hell with integrity and honesty.
We just need to learn to do the same and forget the rules or just stay within the rules and forever get left behind. Have you noticed how much slower a lap is at Spa when you don't go over the white lines with all 4 wheels?
But when there is a championship/league on here, you watch em squirm and complain when they get penalties for crossing the white lines. :D It really is funny to watch.

Last edited:
Oh God,
Tuesday is my weighing in day at slimming world!
Didn't get away till turned 7 last week :(
I'll try to get back, even if it's just for the race!
Haven't you also signed up for a Pcars GT3 race Ivan? :whistling: Or are you doing both?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years