RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
my%20first%20podium_zpss93p1f8p.jpg
Had a pre race race this evening and got my first podium :)

my first podium.jpg

To be honest when your as bad a driver as us then seeing flashing headlights is probably not going to happen. Bobbing and weaving is quite likely to be my best driving:geek:. And as for braking, don't ask. I agree that where there is a safe place then we the lappes must give way to the faster cars. Thats why I often end up in the gravel. Yes its true I tell you, it is not just my poor driving:whistling:

Ah the hell with my anger. I'll still be angered, frustrated, heavily irritated, stressed, extremely pissed off with myself because of Sunday's race, but I'll race nevertheless. I just hope my stupidity, moroness and total lack of racecraft does not screw your guys race.

Just watch out in case one of us reports you. ;):laugh::roflmao:

Hi Aarup and welcome to the club:). You can join any time up until the race starts as the server won't allow you after that. Since the game doesn't have a proper flag system we recommend using Teamspeak, you don't have to talk but it means you hear alerts and the groans during the race. Look forward to seeing you on the track:thumbsup:

Thanks a lot, managed to get a few laps in this early morning and get a little bit of feeling for the car. Will remember to join on TeamSpeak, don't think I've got a mic. laying around, so I'll just be listening.

And yes, I am a Dane :)

Ok, sign me up (even if this is an entirely different prospect compared to the Audi TTs on Sunday just passed).

As for letting the faster drivers through, I used Crew Chief on Sunday and I think it's essential (ok, ok, I realise that if I see another car behind me then it means I'm about to be lapped - no chance I'm actually ahead of someone by position in a race), but hearing the "Blue flag!" prompt is fantastic - I think Oscar (and a few others) passed me 3 times (yes, each! Partly my fault for having no idea how the pitstops and drive-through penalties worked - took me 3 pitstop "detours" to get the drive-through penalty to "stick"!).

As for the slower driver getting out of the way, I've read a few thoughts on RD about this - general consensus seems to be that it's the faster driver's responsibility to find a safe place to perform the overtake - not the slower driver's to get out of the way.

That said, once I hear the "Blue flag!" call, I do try to move off the racing line a little bit and ease off the gas a bit (not too much though - don't want the faster car hitting me in the back!) to let the faster car through (and yes, that has resulted in me eating gravel!).

(I'm always going to remember Crew Chief's last message to me in my first race using it: "Bloody awful result mate!". Yeah... thanks for that!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back