Cars Audi TT Cup - NO LONGER UPDATED [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaun Clarke submitted a new resource:

Audi TT Cup - The Audi TT Cup what more is there to say?

I am pleased to announce the revival of the Audi TT Cup Mod. I have renamed it from the 2015, as this includes updates from 2016 Tech Specs that I obtained from Audi.

The original model was scratch made by Tommy78 and he gave me full permission to work on this to bring this up to date, which I hope, I have, so...

Credit to Tommy78 for the Original Model, which still contains:

Unchanged Model and UV Mapping
Full Damage Model
Full LODS

So what has changed, where do I start, lets try here:...

Read more about this resource...

Nice to see this mod getting an update.

But just to be clear, the push to pass function as implemented by Tommy78 is not quite how it works in real life (no hybrid and nothing about braking, instead engine mapping and only limited amount of boosts per race depending on grid position) and this is how he was able to implement it with what's possible in Assetto Corsa back then (there might be more possible now with MGU modes). This will definitely influence how races pan out compared to the real TT Cup. Still nice to see the mod revived though.

Will be interesting to see how Kunos does it. Hopefully implementing it like Raceroom.

no pic, no video, nothing on the post?
This download is an update of this car from 2015:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/audi-tt-sport-cup-2015.7199/

Which control can be used for the P2P ?
In R3E there is a dedicated button, but since AC does not have one (yet) ?
KERS and DRS can't be used, have not tried the MGU-K buttons though.

no pic, no video, nothing on the post?
The Audi TT Cup what more is there to say?
^^That. I think we all know what an Audi TT is, don't we?

Which control can be used for the P2P?
AC doesn't have proper P2P at the moment. For this mod, a quasi-P2P has been implemented using KERS, which AC does support. So to activate it, you press whatever button you have set for KERS. You get about 10 seconds to play with, and it recharges under braking. Not absolutely realistic, but that's down to AC, not the mod. Better to have something than nothing, and maybe in the future when Kunos add P2P support, the mod can be updated.

AC doesn't have proper P2P at the moment. For this mod, a quasi-P2P has been implemented using KERS, which AC does support. So to activate it, you press whatever button you have set for KERS. You get about 10 seconds to play with, and it recharges under braking. Not absolutely realistic, but that's down to AC, not the mod. Better to have something than nothing, and maybe in the future when Kunos add P2P support, the mod can be updated.
OK, I need to re-check then. I tried the KERS button and nothing happened as far as I could tell.

EDIT: my bad. For some reason the KERS and DRS buttons were deactivated on my wheel and the functions assigned to my button box No idea why or how !?
Anyway: P2P works now.
BTW: the car feels much better than the previous version. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Another great mod (at least a revival of a stunning mod from the good old AC times) - thanks a lot!
Just as a remark: in my archive the fonts were missing for the MOTEC display - just copying the ones from the original mod did it for me to get the display data shown.
To add: as the old one didn't have flash lights the MOTEC display is flashing, too, when activating this new function. Maybe something to add to the rework list, too.

Another great mod (at least a revival of a stunning mod from the good old AC times) - thanks a lot!
Just as a remark: in my archive the fonts were missing for the MOTEC display - just copying the ones from the original mod did it for me to get the display data shown.
To add: as the old one didn't have flash lights the MOTEC display is flashing, too, when activating this new function. Maybe something to add to the rework list, too.
good call pleased to have a mostly working MOTEC adding water and filling the other blanks apart from the P2P.
Just wondering if you could limit P2P though an app which would count deployments cut the system when its met(before and an official implementation)
Also isn't it a turbo?

But great to see it revived.

I've never driven a TT cup but in my opinion the car moves a lot under braking. Even in a straight lie the car feels like driving on sponges. I have no FFB so it is just my general feeling. The standard cockpit driving position needs to be redone. The angle is -9. I´ve changed it to zero and it is much better. Great mod though.

I found this image of the display:
artikel16503-bild06.jpg

I've never driven a TT cup but in my opinion the car moves a lot under braking. Even in a straight lie the car feels like driving on sponges. I have no FFB so it is just my general feeling. The standard cockpit driving position needs to be redone. The angle is -9. I´ve changed it to zero and it is much better. Great mod though.
I think the car really needs to be driven on a wheel to properly understand it's physics. I drove this car a lot in testing and had no issues with moving under braking or any "sponges". It actually drives quite like a FWD touring car, something which AC lacks and therefore there aren't many comparisons.

I had no issue with the driving view either, and since this can be customised by everyone to their own taste using the in-game app, I don't think it should be changed to the preferences of one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%