RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, something happened half trough the race, the car became super-weird and started oversteering as soon as I turned the wheel. Like if I had the super-worn back-tires, or if they where only running on the rim. Got frustrerad and left because of that. But the race was nice until that happened, first lap was quite messy, but I got lucky and manged to escape all the mayhem. Any ways, good race, and see you next time :)

THX.One more thing :).Why in pit stop in my garage i have in my pole 4/5 cars ? :).When quali starts i have maybe 1 or 2 FPS :) , and i can;t start smoothly :)
The only thing I can think of there is the amount of cars I have on the server we have 23 different cars, it may be that these GT3 and all the ADACs wouldn't normally be racing together so they probably use the same pit boxes.

Yeah massively disappointed, made a mistake and coped a slow down, and from there just a chain reaction of getting rear ended with the final hit putting me in the wall and damaging the engine.

Looking at the replay though the last hit was like I wasn't even there, so I'm wondering if I was actually flickering and showed up in front of the poor bloke in the black merc out of no where.

I'm almost worried that it may be my net that is stuffing the rest of you, been from oz and all.
I don't see why it should that's the whole point of p2p I thought. Next time you're on get someone to drive past you and check your ping.

Well, something happened half trough the race, the car became super-weird and started oversteering as soon as I turned the wheel. Like if I had the super-worn back-tires, or if they where only running on the rim. Got frustrerad and left because of that. But the race was nice until that happened, first lap was quite messy, but I got lucky and manged to escape all the mayhem. Any ways, good race, and see you next time :)
I've came across this before people's wheel just going haywire, frustrating all these issues.

I was almost done typing my post but it suddenly disappeared. Something else to add to my frustration. I'll keep this short.

Qualy P13 and finished the race P7

Flickering was pretty bad at the start with a lot of the cars for the first couple of laps.

My car was shifting gears all on its own. almost impossible to drive consistently. This has never happened to me before. I am using a new wheel but this should not happen. upshifting/downshifting completely on its own on straights anywhere on any corner almost all the time?????? I don't know how I finished the race. But this issue needs to be fixed asap rocky man. If this shifting problem has to do with R3E, then S3S, put down whatever you are doing and please fix this issue. Very Very Very frustrating. It would even jump up 3 gears when exiting out of a slow corner. That prevented me from accelerating fast out of the corner and onto the long straight where I need to be fast.

Congrats to the podium you guys where fast! And thanks Kenny Lars for hosting and organizing
Dean would you mind if I post some pics of us to show where the lag was so bad that I could drive right through you?

Well, that was a complete mess. :D
@Shawn Jacobs I'm pretty sure I was the first one to hit you.
My apologies, but you kept flickering in and out, suddenly disappeared altogether, only to re-appear about four inches in front of me.
Very sorry mate, but I had nowhere to go. :(

After that I had a few good laps battling @Velopl , but I kept doing something stupid (not an uncommon occurence :D ), and never really found a good rhythm.

Hit the wall on the penultimate lap, and nursed a broken engine and tranny home for whatever points I could scrape together.

Only plus-side was that the pit-stop went flawlessly........Well, aside from hitting the wall on pit-entry, but.... :p

Great to see so much talent and sportsmanship guys
Had a first lap spin trying to avoid hitting wreck ahead,,,botched my first pit stop, could not get pit board to confirm so pitted a second time and was successful,
Could not get in steady rhythm for several laps at start of race and made mistakes by taking my eye off track fiddling with pit command...DOOH! :confused:
Looking forward to next week and the group5 race at Spa guys, Thank you for hosting event race Stewarts:)

Were you driving a Mclaren?
If so your connection could be a possibility......there was a mclaren at the beggining of the race, that was flickering and when it re appeared it would be at different places on the track. I was racing side by side for a few turns than the car appeared 3 places ahead ? there ping was 287 to mine. Once that mclearen was out of sight i never had a flicker after that and the highest ping was 160 to mine and had no issues what so ever.
Sorry to Keith for the bump.
Had a few good laps battling ralf than i clipped the grass trying to avoid/pass and spun into the wall killing my engine with 2 min left :(
Better luck next week

Yeah that was me :( I think I'll need to do some testing, but it's looking like I may be out of future events, I'm not in the business of ruining other peoples races and nothing is worse then a car jumping all over the place in front of you. It's a shame because you all seem like top blokes to race with and I'm loving driving these cars! I'll try and get in a couple of races this week and see if it continues playing up.

Well, that was a complete mess. :D
@Shawn Jacobs I'm pretty sure I was the first one to hit you.
My apologies, but you kept flickering in and out, suddenly disappeared altogether, only to re-appear about four inches in front of me.
Very sorry mate, but I had nowhere to go. :(

Not your fault at all Lars, just unfortunate that I didn't take a tight enough line and wasn't off the racing line enough, even looking at the replay it almost doesn't even look like you touched me almost like a ghost impact, and to top it off I shouldn't have been in front of you, my car ghost jumped both your self and the other RUF in turn 3 and 4, so I shouldn't have been in front anyway :)

I don't see why it should that's the whole point of p2p I thought. Next time you're on get someone to drive past you and check your ping.

Any advice on how to display ping in game? I'm guessing if I'm having issues all the cars around me should read a high ping to me?

Thanks again all!

In the two first laps all the grid was blinking, from the third lap to the end of my race only two or three cars was blinking in my rearview mirror; nothing didn't allow me to have great battles. The race ended for me at two minutes left when a red LED appeared in my router and Windows gave me a error mensaje; really a pity.

I will see you on the next.

Nice - almost endurance - race :)
Happily hadn't any connection problems, only problems with my performance...
Don't know why, but in race my car started to be very oversteery, but maybe the main issue is somewhere between my PC and chair… I hit someone driving porsche in first laps, then bothered someone when trying to find rhytm again, but sucked. Despite of that I enjoyed the race, pits were without problem, very fair drivers - what want more..? Looking forward to Zolder. :rolleyes:
Congratz @Otune - great performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back