AC Audi Sport Quattro S1 @ Thomson Road - Weds 6th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Had a decent first race... Hit all the trees in the second :)
That's how it goes!

It was an interesting combo. A different type of driving altogether. It took me 2 solid 1 hour practice sessions just to be able to get around the track reasonably ok... The last corner had me struggling the most. Couldn't get the entry speed right at all.

Thanks john for organising. It was spicy :thumbsup:

Huge thanks to all that took part tonight, and of course congrats to the podium guys! :) It was a 'challenging' (aka, difficult!) combo, so all the more appreciated for the clean racing and fairness by all.

Special mention for @Kek700 for 4th in the 2nd race - what a comeback from skiing down the ladders last week!:p;)

I hope to see y'all again for next week's event... GTE/2 @ Silverstone GP, will put the event 'n server up tomorrow:)

That was a tough event tonight. :confused::rolleyes::p

First race I started fith and dropped a few places back at the start. In the end of lap one I had gained those places again, chasing the fast guys. Over the crest @pretend racer had a wide and I could drive nowhere but into his a**. :rolleyes: I was very, very slow now and saw the incoming fast drivers in the mirror, so I decided to drive back to the very left side of the track. Unfortunately @Kek700 had already seen a gap there and crashed into my a** heavily. I'm so sorry mate! :( The whole situation was very scary, beeing so slow at this place. :poop:

Now I was 11th or so and tried to make my way back into the race. I had a nice fight with @HF2000 and chased @pretend racer, who made a mistake in the second last lap to "kindly" hand me 5th position and offer me pole for race 2. Sorry mate. ;):D

At the start of race two, I immediately lost 3 positions! Can you guys tell me, how you started so fast? :confused: I could only give full throttle and shift into 1st gear...

Well, in the end of lap one @640er overshot the last hairpin and got turned around by @jemmari . I avoided this incident by a few millimeters and went on in P2.

From now on I was chased by @Axel Moebius . I was afraid he could catch me but was happy to improve my lap times consistantly driving a few mid 1:53's in a row, so I could open a little gap. In the last laps @Aksu in front must have had a mistake, because I closed the gap to ~3 seconds. However he was way to fast tonight, so I finished into P2. I'm very happy with this result.

Thanks to all the gentlemen here and to @Medilloni for hosting this one. Your outstanding services are very much appreciated. :thumbsup: I can't imagine a better place for online races...

That was a tough event tonight. :confused::rolleyes::p

First race I started fith and dropped a few places back at the start. In the end of lap one I had gained those places again, chasing the fast guys. Over the crest @pretend racer had a wide and I could drive nowhere but into his a**. :rolleyes: I was very, very slow now and saw the incoming fast drivers in the mirror, so I decided to drive back to the very left side of the track. Unfortunately @Kek700 had already seen a gap there and crashed into my a** heavily. I'm so sorry mate! :( The whole situation was very scary, beeing so slow at this place. :poop:

Now I was 11th or so and tried to make my way back into the race. I had a nice fight with @HF2000 and chased @pretend racer, who made a mistake in the second last lap to "kindly" hand me 5th position and offer me pole for race 2. Sorry mate. ;):D

At the start of race two, I immediately lost 3 positions! Can you guys tell me, how you started so fast? :confused: I could only give full throttle and shift into 1st gear...

Well, in the end of lap one @640er overshot the last hairpin and got turned around by @jemmari . I avoided this incident by a few millimeters and went on in P2.

From now on I was chased by @Axel Moebius . I was afraid he could catch me but was happy to improve my lap times consistantly driving a few mid 1:53's in a row, so I could open a little gap. In the last laps @Aksu in front must have had a mistake, because I closed the gap to ~3 seconds. However he was way to fast tonight, so I finished into P2. I'm very happy with this result.

Thanks to all the gentlemen here and to @Medilloni for hosting this one. Your outstanding services are very much appreciated. :thumbsup: I can't imagine a better place for online races...
Thanks for the compliment Reik, really appreciated mate - as @Denis Betty has mentioned, it's great to get feedback. I never imagined how hard our mate @Craig Dunkley worked at all of this (and other event organisers!)- checking out cars, tracks combos, track temps... and so much more, can't wait for him to get back here!:)

First race was all a dramatic hitting “event” with me contributing to it all, took a gamble being chased by @640er , saw @Reik Major in the fence, should have slowed, but kept my foot in, hopefully @640er would back off giving me a gap, guessed where Reik would end up, that was a big mistake.:( So really a 50:50 situation, should have known better.:redface: Did not improve for the rest of the first race.:(

Second race had the opposite to the first race, just a matter of knocking off the laps.
Had a good gap behind, those in front were quick enough so that I did not need to worry about that, so from bad to good in two races, cannot complain.

@Medilloni great event, but a very difficult one for most, me thinks. I do thank you for a great event. And well done for your fastest lap, most impressed:thumbsup: , saw Aki lap, very impressive too.:)

Great but very demanding combo. I was exhausted after race 1 where I moved from 14th to 6th mostly due to errors of others. I couldn't keep up the concentration in race 2 and got an oversteer moment in the fast left handler which causes some of you to go off also. Sorry for that. Later in the race I hit with high speed that damned lamppost on the left after the jump which damaged my car in a way that I had more understeer then before. In the end happy to finish 9th and I went immediately to the bathroom to have a shower and change clothes.

Thanks all for racing and @Medilloni for organising.

P.S. How about the MX5 on this track for a future event?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back