Audi R8 speedometer bug, no way to fix?

I haven't played with R8 too much, but I thought there is something weird with speedometer. Now I drive with production cars just for fun and never use any HUD and there is indeed something wrong.

simbinsr8tachoaccuracy.jpg

Simbin have either very stange sense of humor or they are on weeds or something. On the left is texture and on the right real R8 speedo. See those number?

But the real speedo is strange too. It's not linear from 140kph?

Looks like the only solution would be to modified the texture for max speed of 280kph. :poop:

Have you seen the Viper? :)

Yes they are wrong. To be honest this, the cockpit view, is the only thing that bothers me in Simbin games. The mirrors are off (sometimes totally unusable), the analog instruments are often inaccurate, and you often can't see them (and the LCD displays) because of the wheel (which is sometimes not sized well, though it's probably because of the driver animations). This should be done better in their future games. But this is really the only thing that I don't like there:)

The real speedo is accurate, the way it was designed for what ever reason actually does reflect the true speed. The image for the in game dash is off due to what looks like someone mistaking the 260Kph mark as 280Kph.

I almost never look at speedometer in any car, but when I do I'm confused with that reading on R8 because it shows more than it should.

I'm learning how to mod this thing so I'll see what can be done with that. I'll also check other cars as well.

@Jim Cole: There are actually more numbers wrong.

I passed this on to SimBin... The texture fix is easy enough, but getting the needle to track correctly above 140kph will be hard to fix due to the RL car running non-linearly from 140kph and the needle in game tracks by degrees which is fixed...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%