RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

spiritkyanw7.jpg

Gentlemen it gives me great pleasure to announce the return of the popular "Spirit of 67" series,this time we can properly keep the faith with a true 60's classic track,enjoy the high speed thriller this promises to be!.

Servername: RaceDepartment Cat320
Password: HERE

Class: Caterham CSR320
Track: Sachsenring 1967 [RaceDepartment D-load]

Practice: 19:30
Qualification: 20:00 x 20 Mins.
Warmup: 10 Minutes
Race: 2 x 10 Laps

I strongly advocate the use of THIS simply Astounding GPL skin pack that just adds to the whole flavour of these events.....(Thanks as always to Stuart "Thommo" Thomson :good:)

Notes:

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. Gary Lennon
  2. Patrick Duivelaar
  3. Bob Miley
  4. Ries Notenboom
  5. Neil Gault
  6. Andrew Evans
  7. Ollie Flint
  8. Dave Stephenson
  9. Jeroen van Toorn
  10. Mark Birney
  11. Christian Deparis
  12. Matt Croucho
  13. Marc Good
  14. Jan Wikström
  15. Rob Goldthorpe
  16. Piotr Misiorek
  17. Manuel Spierenburg
  18. Chris Vick
  19. Dan Coldrick
  20. Neil Tennant (moc-moc-a-moc)
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Reserves:
  1. Dietmar Auferkorte
  2. Lee Downham
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

Joao, you hit the nail on the head mate. What a beautiful outset you posted!! Respect for the size, i wish more people would show that dedication after an event, fantastic :thumb:

About the driving, because i had to start all the way behind i had no idea it turned out in a mess like i heard it was.

And maybe i am saying this too early, but i ll make sure it gets raised as an issue to discuss about in the race staff forum. Its an absolute joke that we still have people in this club after all our precautions that:
  • Cant follow the golden rule
  • Cant do a 90 minute race without leaving after 1/100 part of it
  • Cant excuse themself after an incident in a post or pm
Imho, speaking on my own title: they do not belong in this club that we proudly announce as a gentlemens club!

Thanks for the post mate, you made my day with such a long read :kiss2:

João: The Ferrari can last 70mins just it's needed to turn down the revs a bit!:)

About results:
Unfortunately after I reinstalled my Windows a few weeks ago, I forgot to turn back "on" results saving ingame, but I thought about it at the end of the race and took a pic! Here it is!

Attachments

• results.jpg
    results.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 205
2zejzmr.jpg

This is a joint AU, USA event, but others are welcome - if there is room.

Server: Racedepartment AU USA
Password: click here:

Class: STCC
Track: Sturup

Practice: 2.00 GMT (Friday 9.00PM EST USA) (Saturday 12.00MD AEST AUS)
Qualification: 2.30 GMT 15 min (Superpole)
Race: 2.45 GMT 2 by 14 laps (Forced Pitstops)

Notes: STCC expansion pack required - Pit stops have a minimum 2 tire change.
Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. William Yunck - skin
  2. Rhys Gardiner
  3. Marty Pierce
  4. Warren Dawes - skin
  5. Peter Bartfai
  6. Corey Theman
  7. Bob Luneski
  8. Olaf.j Linortner
  9. Cam Wedgewood
  10. Timothy Miller - skin
  11. Tyson Cierpial
  12. Jarrod Crossley - skin
  13. Keith Barrick - skin
  14. Rafael Barbosa
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Reserves:
  1. Adam Vaughan
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

João: The Ferrari can last 70mins just it's needed to turn down the revs a bit!

I know... this "thing" of mine about Ferraris is just an "internal" joke (something that started in GTR2).
Regarding the revs... many people the first thing they do on a setup is to up the rev. limiter. Wish no doubt works for many (but not all) of the GTRevo cars in sprint races.

Comes endurance, and all is changed as fuel consumption, tire degradation and engine reliability become an important part.

I did a few GT endurance races in another club, with a BMW M3, wish on contrary to C6R (for instances) is a true high revs "lover". More you can rev it, faster the car is...

Some found out (the hard way), after some racing distance (45 mins ie.) "strange" engine blow outs can happen with the M3 (an original GTREvo car)... and yes, there is no “red temperature warning”, the engine has a spike, and we hear the (not) nice sound of silence coming from the front end of the car :D

I know the ambient temperature wasn’t that high, but people running over reving in the Ferrari (shifting very high in the revs) should be careful, the engine will run hot (not too hot to blow up directly due to heat, aka red light warning and smoke in the back) but, after a while, on a minimal over reving (when going down fast in the gearbox), the engine might call it a day (I’ve seen it in the M3, the DB9R and in wtcc extreme class) .
In endurance, people who (virtually) race this cars and opt to up the rev limiter have to do like in RL, do some “attack” pace laps (to open a gap), then enter in “cruse” mod (to keep the gap) and reduce the stress in the engine after a while… but this might be tricky, and an easier option might be to leave the rev limiter where it is (or even lower it) and only up it in the qualifying session.

...Finally, I dont think I will run the Ferrari mod again. It seems there were a very high number of technical issues on the track. Not sure the root cause, but the Ferrari mod might be one. I would recommend everyone to uninstall it before our future races.

By “technical” problems you mean, for instances the type above stated? Or the ghost racers and "I see no one in the grid" glitch?
The later 2 are unfortunately common and I think have nothing to do with the MOD.

Some time ago I even did a post in the GTRevo general forum about how I thought we could reduce them… basically, more people join the grid, more likely these glitches happen. But if people don’t join too fast to the grid (let full synchronization to everybody happen 1st) or not too late (the same grid spot glitch), all will likely be well.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%