RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I hope this will not turn into a massacre, this is a mixed field race and I dunno how past races of this nature have gone but if you dont get off line as soon as you see a GT Pro car then by the time you think its ok to do so you would have made a new class Proclub (which is not so pro), it would be good if an organized practice session would be made mandatory so as to get ppl used to other cars whizzing by.

Just a suggestion.

I hope this will not turn into a massacre, this is a mixed field race and I dunno how past races of this nature have gone but if you dont get off line as soon as you see a GT Pro car then by the time you think its ok to do so you would have made a new class Proclub (which is not so pro), it would be good if an organized practice session would be made mandatory so as to get ppl used to other cars whizzing by.

Just a suggestion.

The easiest solution to this problem is to say that the person doing the lapping has to find their own way past, there is no real obligation for the GT Club or Sport cars to go offline to let them past - they can, and i'm sure a lot of drivers will do, but having a defined set of rules beforehand can remove the chance of problems. I've done a few mixed class enduro's here before in the GT Club Viper so i know what to expect - if its a straight just move over and give them the line to the next corner.

Just a suggestion.

I think the usual guideline is in effect here...correct me if i'm wrong here but when a faster driver laps a slower driver isn't it so that the faster driver has to be patient and initiate a clean pass and that the slower driver does not go off the line?
From the RD Driving Guidelines text:
Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then you are free to assist by easing off the throttle.

I think there needs to be a clear guideline about this...Eric, you got any thought on this?

Marcel you hit it right on. The only issue I can see is that after so many laps it might be a blue flagfest. I am almost thinking turning these off that way the slower driver wont panic ever time someone faster gets behind him.

Ouuhhh, I'm a bit frustrated . I found the thread at work and didn't notice the 3 classes at first glance, I only saw what I wanted to see: an Endurance race. Back from work and did a quick test. Nearly 10 seconds difference between Pro and Club: I'll be lapped 10 times and racing 90 laps. I really want Endurance races but I'd rather have them in the same class.

I just needed to let it out. You may say I'm driving to win? We'll yes I am, eventough I sometimes know I don't stand a chance. For this race I feel like I'll be watching 8 guys drive for the win.

• John MacIntyre

Sorry guys....:( I have to bow out today. Major construction project going on. I'll catch up (literally and figuratively) with you all as soon as I can!!!

I usually don't move off my line to let people pass unless it's a straight, or if I see them in time to adjust my line and let them pass without being unpredictable. Usually you can just deal with being behind me until a straight :p

I like the idea of mixed class events, that way you can win in your class (or in my case, finish!) And if I am not being lapped, the faster driver MUST find his own way around me, at an appropriate spot on the track...I am a defensive driver and therefore, will stick with my original game plan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%