RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I envisage 120 laps at the old Nurburgring... that’s well over 12hours of race with GTP cars, now go with the Mini :D

I’m up for this… I hope :wink2:

Btw, just checked, we can set 100 laps max or 120 mins and 25 racers... unless we use a mod, where I think we can go to 180 mins, 30 racers and I don't know the laps (but as far as I know, RD doesn't use this mod).

Actually I already tried and you can set 120laps:) it only shows as 100 in the dedicated server, but it is 120 when you enter the game:)

"Could the backmarker in the Volvo who left the pits and was caught in turn 1 by the 3 leading cars please come to the front desk to collect their new pair of underwear"

Sorry about that, we must of scared the hell out of you when we flew into turn 1 like that.

What's youre lap-time?

- lambo 2;20
- Lister 2;20
- F550 2;20

Hmmmmm....Who has a good setup for me?

A "good" setup for me might not be a "good" setup for you... but no, I'm not using any of those cars, sorry I can’t help you with those.

I should be taking my faithful Vette or if I want to experiment (unlikely in a 2h 20 min event) I will be taking the Maserati.

Don't wary too much about lap times...
If I recall correctly, last time I did a GTP RD event at Spa (2 x 10 laps) my in-race lap times were at best 2:17 and usually around 2:18/2:19 and yet l won the 2nd race and did well in the 1st too.
Some people did 2.13 to get the pole (near the posted 2.12) and circulated 2:15/2:16 in race, it was only a 10 lapper still they didn't win it, now a 60 laps race... haha, I will be happy if after the 40th lap I’m still able to circulate not far from 2.19 :wink2:
Just to finish this race will be something… regarding the place, when the 60th lap comes, we will see about it then. :)

Btw here is below a perhaps useful quote from a previews RD even at Spa (the one mentioned above) especially since this is an endurance event.

These were sprint races (25min each?), so some people setup and drive cars in way that I'm sure they wouldn’t do in an endurance race.

For instances, everyone knows (or should know), that it is possible to do Eau Rouge flat out (especially with a Q setup). The problem is… it is basically too risky to do it (in race), especially with others near, and one knows that going by there an X amount of times it easy (once) to misjudge the trajectory. So one should leave some room for a possible mistake or one can easily end his (and others) race there.

Like in many other tracks, some people like to “invent” overtaking points in Spa.

For the record, excluding the situations when the front driver permits (or does a mistake), the classic overtaking points in Spa are:

Braking into Les Combes, braking into the 1st turn at Fagnes (hard to do because Pouhon exit is very fast), braking into the 1st turn in Stavelot area, braking into Bus Stop, braking into La Source.

Eau Rouge, Raidillon, the turn after Bruxelles, Pouhon, Blanchimont are absolute one liners. In order to overtake there, or the front racer permits (voluntarily or by mistake) or someone will be “killed”.

Notice that, for instances, you can cleanly overtake in Blanchimont (or any other place), but for that, the front racer has to exit considerable slower from Stavelot (his mistake) so one can gain the line going into Blanchimont.

If any of you have (or had) a look into the replays, you will see some very “optimist” overtaking attempts going into/in Blanchimont and Eau Rouge.
[FONT=&quot]Sorry to quote myself :wink2:[/FONT]

• Frank Herfjord

I was the backmarker and I was fine :)

I was coming out of the pits from my second stop (after repairing the suspension...) so I just went really slow and stayed off the racing line since I saw on the HUD that some cars would be catching up to me as I was leaving the pit lane. I'm glad I managed not to slow you guys even though it was in the middle of the S combo.

Well first race I think I didn't change my rear tyres to dry ones and well my car was sliding the first 4 laps. After this I went too fast into t5 and smaked into the wall :(.

In race 2 it went quite well, saw some hard fights in front of me which i tried to avoid but I lost my car again but now on T1 :(.. I need some consistency lessons or so.. :(

• Kyle Evers

I might be able to make it. It'd be a TIGHT squeeze though, I'd get home from school 15 minutes before the race EST. Guess I'll have to practice prior to the official race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%