RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Wow most fun so far.:smile-big:

Entered this to get more time behind the Honda's wheel, but was concerned about the track as I've struggled there b4.
Thought I'd try out Warrens setup to see if I could feel more comfortable. After a few adjustments to my liking I felt pleased with it and surprised to see I was close to Keith, Yves and Michael:shock:!!

Went in to Qualifying hoping to get a safe lap in, but if anything it made me drive better!! Qualified 3rd 8 hundreths behind Michaels pole and with Keith as the filling:meeting:.

Good clean start to race 1, watched Keith and Michael do battle whilst trying to keep my own Seat shaped shadow behind me. Eventually got close enough to have a go at Michael 4 2nd, but he was keeping the corners covered, but he got wide and he gave me enough room to get past.
Then panic:excruciating:!! I thumped the tires on entry to pits and lost my bumper. Fortunately it didn't seem to cause much harm to my grip and I managed to continue. Went off wide with 2 to go and fell to 3rd only for the Seat to fall off 2 corners later to give me 2nd back:sweat:!!

Race 2 and my start was gr8, but didn't want to go in all guns blazing into T1, but I think I had Michael inside me and we got shoved off!!:laugh2:. Quick trip through the gravel to come out 2nd to last. Tried to be cautious throught the field, but also desperate to get into reach of Keith and co up front. Saw Laurance run a little deep and tried to slip inside,but tagged him into a spin(sry mate):sad: waited down at the next turn for him to go back past joined by Michael doing the same!:laugh2:.
Emerged in 3rd well behind Yves and Keith after pitstop tried to push, but made very little time on them so wound down the laps.

Very enjoyable meeting to everyone involved and a big thank you:thanks: to Keith, Yves, Warren, Michael and several others this week for your help, setups and encouragement. You've made my 1st week racing with RD an absolute pleasure.:embarrassed:

Wont get so many races next week as I'm back to work, but I'm looking forward to next weekends start to my 1st League race ever in the RDTCC:fingers-crossed:

great roll up

Most frustrating night for me. Great bunch as always but could not do anything right. Seem to always loose places in pit sequence and its frustrating. I use auto pit which is consistent for me and I have tryed manual pit but even with practice I cant do it well. I found myself in good position both races but really struggled being consistent. Grats to the winners.
Hope I can get it together for the mini league tomorrow. Marty

now then; what a difference a week and a format change makes!... and for the 2nd time this week, i had a really great event (by my standardos)...

thermalito: some lovely racing all race within a little gaggle that included laurance, max and marty... coupla small mistakes and a faceplant into a backmarker meant i came in at the end of the group... 9th...

monaco: so hornyyyyyy! that stats lie! i came home 6th here... hunted wabbits (bob) all race long and shagged my tyres... last 3 laps or so he just drove away after relative closeness for most of the race... passed lewis out of fuel at the exit of the swimming pool on't last lap to finish 6th... taaasty! shame crouchers pc chickened out just as he was looking dangerous...

ledenon: so many nasty corners... but still a great track... worst performance of the night here, with a few mistakes, and ben being the ever-present object in my mirrors for most of it... came in 12th...

managed to qually in or around 10th in the first two... and was on for the same at ledenon when i ballsed the last corner... mebbe tis a fluke, but feels like i finally found a little step in skills that i've been searching for, for so long! we'll see....

haveta say, i solidly prefer this format over the enduro... it's just non-stop action all night long... :woot2: tbh, i'd rather run the majority of friday minis in this style with an enduro every couple of weeks... how would y'all feel about that? obv, we can't endlessly rewind, cause we'll run out of tracks :D so i'll just haveta come up with a different name, if we went down that route... make yer voices heard on ze matter!

also, this week we were back to one server - am guessing a lot of people are saving themselves for league action over the weekend... but, even though the split server thing provides more people at your level... i'm still more in favour of one packed room... :shrug:

cheers to all who came out to play - hello there i'm clunes....

I agree that this format is much better Andrew. I dont like anything longer than 50 minutes anyway. Seems the racing is closer this way. Thanks , marty:loser:

I think ive stated last time that this format is the one for me,it just seems to have a lovely pace to it across the evening,and seems to breed better racing,and if it doesnt go well one race you have other chances.
As for enduro,some of us old GT heads are missing our fix of at least 1hour30mins action ;) *nudge-nudge*.

HA! What a Great Race on Thermalito

Start of it thorpoid started like he had RWD mini. I overtook Dietmar at the Start as he collected an torrent Start. 1 Turn receved huge bump from Dietmar got sideways but under control. I was keep pushing over next laps. Then i was hassling Rob :D. Really god defensing mate but ya was so slow Paulo and Dietmar catched us up. Got sideways in turn 1 ans slammed to the bariers (dam. suspension) but KEEP GOING!! :D 2 turns after the crash i overtook Dietmar again. Starting to catching up Paulo and Rob. But again i slightly in turn 1 catched the barriers and spin me round of it. Lost 3 Places. Then quickly i overtook Evansoo and in the same lap Laurance Lemon. I've started to catch up quickly Dietmar (2 laps more and i will got him :becky:) I was being hassled by Marty i made a miastke on last lap lost 6th and finish home 7th.

Than RD For This :D

Race 2: Had great fight on opening laps with Bob and Evansoo. Started to catching up Paulo but smashed him self into wall race over :/

Race 3: What?!?! :rotfl:

now then; what a difference a week and a format change makes!... and for the 2nd time this week, i had a really great event (by my standardos)...

thermalito: some lovely racing all race within a little gaggle that included laurance, max and marty... coupla small mistakes and a faceplant into a backmarker meant i came in at the end of the group... 9th...

monaco: so hornyyyyyy! that stats lie! i came home 6th here... hunted wabbits (bob) all race long and shagged my tyres... last 3 laps or so he just drove away after relative closeness for most of the race... passed lewis out of fuel at the exit of the swimming pool on't last lap to finish 6th... taaasty! shame crouchers pc chickened out just as he was looking dangerous...

ledenon: so many nasty corners... but still a great track... worst performance of the night here, with a few mistakes, and ben being the ever-present object in my mirrors for most of it... came in 12th...

managed to qually in or around 10th in the first two... and was on for the same at ledenon when i ballsed the last corner... mebbe tis a fluke, but feels like i finally found a little step in skills that i've been searching for, for so long! we'll see....

haveta say, i solidly prefer this format over the enduro... it's just non-stop action all night long... :woot2: tbh, i'd rather run the majority of friday minis in this style with an enduro every couple of weeks... how would y'all feel about that? obv, we can't endlessly rewind, cause we'll run out of tracks :D so i'll just haveta come up with a different name, if we went down that route... make yer voices heard on ze matter!

also, this week we were back to one server - am guessing a lot of people are saving themselves for league action over the weekend... but, even though the split server thing provides more people at your level... i'm still more in favour of one packed room... :shrug:

cheers to all who came out to play - hello there i'm clunes....

I'm preferr this stuff too rather than Enduro. More action and more people finishes. THIS IS JUST MORE FUN!! :that:

Pleasent, veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery pleasent evening. :jump:

THERMALITO: Qual 9th - finished 4th
- Huge battle with Rob Goldthorme, Max and Dietmar :th_wink:
Fantastic driving from you all, hard work throughout without a single contact.:handshake:

MONACO: Qual 7th - finished 3th
- Again, hard work during the intire race, this time with David Lemon and Lewis, we were so close concerning the track layout that for a few seconds
i felt like i was in a real race. :woot2:

LEDENON: Din't qualified - finished 10th
- Yep, the PC noob (me) didn't install the patch well, therefore i was
running the 1.0 version and got booted as a cheater :gimme:
As i was away during practice session i wasn't aware of that, just when the qual session began i noticed the mess and lost the oportunity
to qual. Which was even worst because i never had been at Ledenon. :honk:
However rejoined server with 2 minutes left and went to a lap to setup the gear box :time-out:
Started 23th and had some great short fights untill the very last lap.
Ledenon was a mix feeling for me, maybe because i couldn't practice,
i got the feeling of like it but yet maybe not, challenging track tho.

Congrats to the winners and podium finishers. And to all of the field
and the general driving, good performance!
Thanks for the lads i battled with, very fair and clean. :clap2:

I'm an endurance lover myself. However, i like this format also.
Perhaps we can alternate beetween both?

Thank you Andrew and RD.

Cheers

Yep great evening all.

Thermalito.

Qualifed P16. Stayed P16 after things settled down. The Alex Gibson clips me at the hairpin, thanks for waiting. I complete my downfall by hitting the barrier at the exit of the second tunnel. Manage to get going and begin fightback. Catch up to Bjorn de Haas Great racing mate, overtake him into the tunnel but he gets me back at the exit! We then trade paint before I finally get him at the final hairpin. Then its a lonely run to the finish.

Monaco.

Its happened a couple times before so I'm going to say that people need to give room in qualifying. Someone hit me trying to overtake at turn 1 on a flying lap. And it was the first run so there's no excuse not to make sure you've given enough room to have a clear run.

Anyway the race was a bit of a disaster. Was hit by Laurence Lemon, on lap 2. Having another look maybe I moved into you a bit but I think you were braking late. But I do have to apologise for taking so long to get going! lol, so thanks for waiting. Have a good battle with Monteiro, who puts up a spirited defence before clipping a barrier. Then I hit a barrier myself. At Rascasse I come upon Alex Gibson. It turns out he's heading for the pits but at the time I thought he may have been on my inside at the final turn and I run wide hitting the barrier and apologies to Monteiro, who had nowhere to go.

Lebendodnon, that right?

Qualified midfield and got away ok. But this race was all about a battle with Andrew Evans. Both running similar times I was all of his backside but he was rock solid. Then we both ran off at the left hander, the one that you mistake for the flatout turn at the top of the hill. We trade places and I find myself ahead until I run wide right at the end. Andrew goes by but I don't give up and put in some good laps. He must have made a few mistakes cause I catch up and on the last lap I nearly have a chance but he takes the final bend cleanly to beat me to the line.

Definately prefer this format. You get racing all night long and people who have an early crash get another chance pretty soon after.

Well thats quite an essay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years