RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

It was some fun racing tonight. First race was the best for me. Drove to 6th spot on the grid in superpole if I recall correctly. Was 3rd for a while during the race until I was forced/hit wide, but could manage to get the position back, which I later lost again and faded away into 6th or so.
Later on the tire/fuel problems for others came and I was pleased to catch most of them and finish the race quiet nicely in 3rd position. Very pleased to do it in the E46 :)

The second, feature race started bad already. I slightly over-happy Seat made contact and therefor I my car was pushed sideways. Sorry others for the held up it created. Later on I was hit another 2 or 3 times by various objects :). Enough to damage my car and lower my laptimes by a second.

I did not want to repair the damage, it would have cost me even more time, so I continues and pitted with completely worned tires also.
The second part of the race was smooth but my laptimes were just good enough to held around 11-13 position and I was lucky to make it into 11th.
Drove on safemode for my tires and it worked out.
No glory here but still pleased to finish.

See you later guys.

2nd row start from qual turned into the lead after a nice start up to 2nd,then the 2 ahead stepping off the track ahead of me.....an old scenario now of being chased down by Pat D,some excellent racing with him until he pulled a gap in the lead,tyres were becoming a problem too early and i had Ries reeling me in now,he got a good run alongside me,i would have preferred a bit more room but no big deal after i "shouldered" enough track for myself,approacing the double right turns i ended up nurfing the back of Ries's car and putting him off,my fault and sorry for ending both our races there,i would plea mitigating circumstances on the run up to the contact,but at the end of the day i was the following car and should avoid contacting the car ahead...
Good job Patrick and podiums.
Race 2 not so good qual and not a great start either from 6th,ended up with more lucky breaks and ended up chasing Pat in 2nd and Keith in 1st,when Keith went off at the final turn it was up to 2nd with Pat now in 1st,Ries got his freak on and got passed me,i then realised i had only fuelled the same ammount as the sprint race which was 32L,i quickly toggled my pit menu and added another 17 laps of fuel and pitted,mucked up the pit entry and somehow it got cancelled with no pit arrow there or anything,so i drive through...round again and pitted properly this time,but forgot to highlight the fuel option,so round again to fuel,race truly in the bin at this point,rear tyres were incredilbe to drive with now,back end like a Bimmer!!!,the final blow was running out fuel half way round the final lap in 10th :D.
Grats again Pat for a fine double,and ofcourse good job all podiums and finishers.
Thank you Simon T & RD

Was a enjoyable night of racing, at first I thought I would not be able to get a setup together but got it well sorted in the end and it proved to be spot on. Had my lines together as well and times where good.

1st Race:

Qually, what can I say...I hate superpole..messy lap 5th on grid.
Race, was a messy start with 3 cars brakign to late and causing HAVOC in turn 1, bit more caution won't hurt. Further in the race I managed to gain a few spots and also passed Marcel and then chased Gary. Sorry Marcel btw for the slight touch although nothing serious.
Then I passed Gary who made some slight errors here and there and when going into the next turn I braked later as usual already with risk but Gary didn't anticipate enough and slammed me in the barriers. Sorry for chat then btw **** happens no hard feelings, and Gary you mentioned I squeezed you but as you can see in the replay I gave you just enough room. It's racing and you don't get any presents, but all is well :)

2nd Race:

Qually, slightly better qually and ended up 3rd.
Race was good fun altough after turn 1 I was 5th yet again. Managed to climb up and ended up half a second behind Patrick who made a sudden pit due to a blown tyre I think. There I was happy in 1st but then I had to pit and totally messed it up. Shitty inlap, +6 seconds, no preset activated and took to much fuel..another +7 seconds..all in all lost about 15 seconds or more and ended 4th on the track with 11 laps to go and 10 seconds on 2 and 3 and about 19 on no 1...In the end some good fun with Keith and Ben and got 2nd at 14 seconds in the end...good fun nevertheless but must practice pitting more rofl and lessss fueeeeel :p

Thanks all !! :highfive:

• Matt Crouch

atrrgh just closed the tab by pressing some random key combination and my text is lost. :(

Races of many mistakes for me

First race quali'd near the back. First turn I thought we were on the M25, think I was actually stopped for a second, but came out of it ok (considering the rest of it all :wink2:). A few turns later Danny unfortunately lost it under braking further behind me and gave me a shunt. Didn't know what had happened at the time, but thankyou for waiting even though it put you right at the back :). Shame you lost it again as we seemed to be doing quite similar lap times. Spent most of the race at the back until I unexpectedly found Ries and Gary coming out of the pits next to me. This was short-lived as after Ries passed me he lost it a couple of turns later, ended up sideways and we had a small collision. Made no real difference to my race though :p. Finished at the back...

Second race quali'd 18th.
I think me and dave (in front of me) both started very carefully on the outside turn and ended up in the last two positions, me much further because I came out pretty slowly. Was then rather surprised to find the mix of people joining us at the back following an incident...
I found myself ahead of people I was expecting to be at the front, but was promptly passed again when I accelerated too hard into the wibbly bit behind MH and had to move over to avoid crunch time. :shock:, at which point everyone slipped back past again.
For a while I followed the pack until Dave took a little time out from the track and in my attempt to avoid those in front of me I over-braked and span off the track! No-one's fault but my own though.
Sooner or later I came accross the Herrmannator who was sliding about in the BMS (finally a car combo I can keep up in :D), and followed until he made a mistake, then after a while I found Matt P and Neil close on each other and spent some more time following around. Sorry for the couple of taps I gave you Matt. This was the best bit of the race for me even though it was for 19th/20th/21st. At one point I was in front of both of them after they ended up waiting for each other, but I quickly decided that I hadn't been giving enough of my attention to the grass and came off, letting them both back past.

Suddenly I realised I was being lapped when I got a light tap and then a blue flag! didn't realise how far we had got behind in that time. As we got seperated, I decided to pit then and hoped to catch up with the other two later on. Fatal mistake was only changing the front two tyres as it became oversteer city as soon as I left. Spun a few times and decided to make another pit to change the rears.
Sorry if I got in the way of anyone lapping me - there were a lot of people lapping :wink2: I'm sure I must have seen the same people lapping me about 5 times :bulgy-eyes:
Finished 2 laps down in last (22nd)

Thanks for organising. I enjoyed most of it despite failing humungously :D

Tonight was fun, although the fun part only started at the 2nd race.
Well actually the fun part was also there in the first race ...

First race quali'd near the back. First turn I thought we were on the M25, think I was actually stopped for a second, but came out of it ok (considering the rest of it all :wink2:). A few turns later Danny unfortunately lost it under braking further behind me and gave me a shunt. Didn't know what had happened at the time, but thankyou for waiting even though it put you right at the back :). Shame you lost it again as we seemed to be doing quite similar lap times. Spent most of the race at the back until I unexpectedly found Ries and Gary coming out of the pits next to me. This was short-lived as after Ries passed me he lost it a couple of turns later, ended up sideways and we had a small collision. Made no real difference to my race though :p. Finished at the back...

I can explain the shunt (sorry about that Matt). I braked hard at the turn causing me to loose the backend. I wanted to react, but my reaction was to fierce, as my wheel (which obviously wasnt connected well at my table) came almost loose, and I used my right hand to shove it back in place, but I allready hit u. In the next laps I was driving around with my wheel misplaced, till it finally came loose..haha (you should have seen my face of me holding the wheel disconnected of the table. So I retired.

2nd race I did some changes to the car. But still couldn't set a good laptime.
Think I was 23rd on grid. Did a reasonable start, and won a few pos. due to other mistakes. I had a great run with Mark Guy, but he was much faster in his Honda, but I tried to defend. As we did our battle others came closer, joining in on all the fun. I think there were 4 or 5 of us sswapping positions continuously. Untill I made a mistake at T1 and bumping out Mark Guy. Sorry for that. Recovered at 19th or 20th, can't remember.

Because I didn't finish the 1st race, I couldn't tell what the fuelusage was, and just my luck, it was a bad gamble. I needed a 3rd pit, to make the finish. At the 2nd stint, I drove good laptimes to leave a gap of +30 secs to the one behind me. And at 34th lap I pitted only for the 2 remaining laps. Eventually ended 15th I think.

Congrats to Patrick and the rest of the podium. Also to the rest of the field of course :clap:

Today I did my fist (virtual) laps at Lime Rock Park, and yes, the Gillet is a good car to learn the track as it gives room for some error....

2 things come immediately to my mind after a few laps...

1) In normal conditions (no front driver error), I can only see one place to overtake, at the end of the straight.

To me the rest of the track is pretty much a one liner... if I put my car in the inside of someone on one of those 4th/5th/6rh gear corners, there will be some KIA.

2) God save the front left tire... because I can't ;)

I think I need one of those Nascar setups (one that only turns right).
Have fun ;)

• Andrew Evans

r8nightsej5.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU
Password: click here

Class: Audi R8 Production
Track: Birmingham Grand Prix
Weather: Dry

Practice: 20:00 GMT (1 hour)
Qualification: 21:00 GMT (20 mins)
Warmup: 21:20 GMT (5 mins)
Race: 2 x 25 mins

Notes:

Reserve drivers will go into a pool and will be elligble to enter the server during the last 15 minutes of practice. This will be on a first come, first serve basis. A post will be made in this thread to indicate when they can jump in.​

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

• Andrew Evans

Entrylist:
  1. Andrew Evans
  2. Gary Lennon
  3. Nuno Areias
  4. Piotr Misiorek
  5. Dominik Furmaniak
  6. Stuart Thomson
  7. Marek Kosmider
  8. Ries Notenboom
  9. Daniel Landouar *
  10. Jeff Leroux *