Audi R8 LMS RaceRoom Images Revealed - Releases Soon?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience - Audi R8 LMS 2016 10.jpg

Images from the upcoming Audi R8 LMS 2016 in RaceRoom Racing Experience have been revealed, leaving fans to wonder if the long awaited release of the car is just around the corner...

Originally announced back in August last year, the 2016 specification R8 LMS is the latest GT3 challenger from German manufacturer Audi and represents the latest breed of GT3 specification machinery. Built to strict regulations and available to purchase by customers throughout the world, the new R8 LMS has proven to be a popular and successful GT racing car in multiple championships at both International and local level, going on to achieve success with victory most recently coming at the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring last weekend.

Much teasing of the car has been done on social media and various forum message boards since the announcement last year, however with Sector3 now having released a sizeable batch of in game screenshots it appears that a release might not be too far away.

Joining other latest generation GT3 cars in the form of Mercedes, BMW, McLaren and the yet to be released Corvette, fans are eager to get themselves behind the virtual wheel of one of the most successful current GT cars in the world.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more information on when the car is expected to be pushed live in game soon!

Audi R8 LMS 2016 Specs:
  • Vehicle type: GT3 sports car
  • Chassis: Audi Space Frame (ASF) in aluminium-CFRP hybrid construction with stressed steel roll-cage, bodywork parts from CFRP and aluminium
  • Engine: Audi V10
  • Displacement: 5,200 ccm
  • Power: up to 430 kW (585 hp)
  • Torque: over 550 Nm
  • Drive system: rear-wheel drive
  • Gearbox: 6-speed sequential
  • Dimensions: 4,583/1,997/1,171 mm
  • Minimum weight: 1,225 kg
  • Fuel tank capacity: 120 l

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play simulation exclusive to PC with additional content available to purchase via the in game RaceRoom Store.

RaceRoom Racing Experience - Audi R8 LMS 2016 2.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience - Audi R8 LMS 2016 3.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience - Audi R8 LMS 2016 4.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience - Audi R8 LMS 2016 5.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. Take part in our awesome Racing Club, download a setup or just hang out and chat about the game with your fellow fans of the title. It’s all here at RaceDepartment.com!

RaceRoom Racing Experience - Audi R8 LMS 2016 6.jpg RaceRoom Racing Experience - Audi R8 LMS 2016 7.jpg RaceRoom Racing Experience - Audi R8 LMS 2016 8.jpg RaceRoom Racing Experience - Audi R8 LMS 2016 9.jpg RaceRoom Racing Experience - Audi R8 LMS 2016 1.jpg

Keen to try out the 2016 spec Audi R8 LMS in RaceRoom? Do you like the modern style GT3 cars? Which other GT3 car would you like to see added to R3E? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
That is great news. If we get this baby before july then this would be impressive. expecting October or later but they said "very soon" and not "soon" :roflmao: so i could be wrong.
Patches and new content left and right so far.
What i am missing is Monaco/monte carlo track with all layouts (Formula 2 and 1) and i will shut up :D

there is always this overall blue tint in raceroom :/ it never really feels sunny. Despite this, new cars are always nice.

You know what, I never really noticed, but you're kinda right. While the image is properly whitebalanced to 6500K, it could use a bit warmer tint to make it a bit less sterile.

I think I'll try to play with SweetFX or Reshade or whatever when I have a bit of time. Should be quite easy to change the white balance a bit.

I have a Dell U2713H monitor which I hardware calibrate. On my monitor the colors are actually very natural when I'm in my cal2 setting which is my sRGB calibrated setting.

I think the blueness appereance is exagerated by the nature of uncalibrated monitors. They have most of the time a bad color temperature and are blueish by nature. Even the mildly factory calibrated sRGB ones.

The colors are very neutral with white balance at 6500K. The thing is, sunlight is usually warmer than 6500K. I usually white balance my photos taken on a sunny day at around 5700-6000K as "perfect" 6500K just doesn't give that sunny day feeling, it feels a bit too cold and sterile to most people. So adding a bit of warmth to the game to slightly accentuate the sunny day feeling would kinda make sense.

And yes, I have my monitors calibrated.

Also, these days, even cheap monitors often have fairly good baseline settings out of the box. Well, except for contrast and brightness. But as far as white balance and colors are concerned, it's much better than it used to be.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back