Audi R8 4.2

I don't think he has anything against scratch-made cars but seriously, think about the amount of scratch-made WIP's that never made it further than a WIP, there's loaddddddds!

Except for the sls amg then:tongue: we'll be finishing it soon and we also have plans for other don't we?:)

Sure! I mean about almost all scratch made, we dont see one since tiberius jag. And before it, a long time without one new car. We will finish sls and of sure, will do the others in our plan! :) nothing against scratch, but this is the reality. People who do scratch made lose interest so easy. We can see it around, only few released in last one year.

Sure! I mean about almost all scratch made, we dont see one since tiberius jag. And before it, a long time without one new car. We will finish sls and of sure, will do the others in our plan! :) nothing against scratch, but this is the reality. People who do scratch made lose interest so easy. We can see it around, only few released in last one year.

QFT.
It's rare that WIPs ever get finished. The worst bit is, when someone leaves a dead WIP around, it means no-one bothers to release that car. We've had maybe four, possibly five, Audi R8 WIPs over the years, and because of that, there hasn't been muchneed to actually get one into Racer, because we're waiting for the scratch-made one to come out, so as far as I know, there's not been an Audi R8 released as yet.

I noticed that too, FiftyOrange. I haven't seen one either. Although, if I was quicker today I could have a picture of the one saw one in person. My first R8 in Canada, well in my neck of the woods. :)

Agree with you, just take a look of my WIP
Scénic II : only one version (and béta!)
Espace III : only one version (and pré final :p) where as i've all ratios, all colors, all rims and all interior modeled! Just need some sounds for variants!
Laguna II : working on it but slowly
Renault 5 : Hmm where it is!! lol
Espace I : Was working on it, paused ^^
Clio III : Paused...
In a scratch made, when we reach an certain point of progress, we loose interest easily, like when the most of interior/exterior are finished, we are happy so we forget the physics and the last details!!

Yeah, same here. I started a bunch of cars like the avantime, v70, travego, freelander, saab 95 and c-class estate... I lost interest in them also because it wasn't really possible for me to export dof on mac, but now it is possible and well, not much has changed...
But I found out that if you work together with someone you stay interested since the other is stimulating you and you don't have to worry about every aspect of the car. At least for me that works:)

You can always get someone to do the ini and shaders for you! And also, having 6 WIP cars can lead you to a big mess, because you never get nothing finished. Hell, currently I have 4 WIP conversions and it's difficult to see any progress on one car!!

Yeah, same here. I started a bunch of cars like the avantime, v70, travego, freelander, saab 95 and c-class estate... I lost interest in them also because it wasn't really possible for me to export dof on mac, but now it is possible and well, not much has changed...
But I found out that if you work together with someone you stay interested since the other is stimulating you and you don't have to worry about every aspect of the car. At least for me that works:)

This is the point mate! When we get SLS finished, we can prove it! :)

I don't get this problem with non-cg shaders.

All the content pre-cg will work fine with the car_nocg/track_nocg.shd files that content came with... there is tons of example content out there of how to do these things.

Making a shader for non-cg from a cg shader should take about 1hr tops to do a good job!

As far as R8's go, Iroker, iirc, had one as good as finished and ready to release. I have no idea why it wasn't though... think he got annoyed at people telling him to unwrap it for texture baking hehe.

It's easy to release a half-finished car, but scratch made builders usually set a high standard and thus it takes ages. My M3 got 90% of the way in a few months, then took a year to actually get finished that last bit, if not longer! (and it still didn't have an interior!)

Scratch made rarely get released but that is a good thing. What is released is often very nicely finished :)

Dave

Yes, but your m3 has no interior.. Me and mingus are doing a full scratch made SLS and it is walking fine and fast, we are putting much effort on it. As tiberius jag, he spent more than year to finish, and only cg and only RHD.. i am timing our SLS work, how many time it will spend to get all done, with baked textures, cg and non-cg, etc.

cheers

but cant you convert from grand theft auto or something

it does get annoying having to check this web everyday for updated on 2 audi r8's

Depends whether or not the person who wants to convert gets permission..

I might do it when I'm back on a windows-os (in about 2 weeks time)..but we'll see..

I know what you mean. My M3 came together very very fast in the first month. It was past where the SLS is now, almost finished. Then it sat for a year to 18 months with very slow development.

Keeping the progress up is hard work. Not sure why... I think for me it was as much learning as I went along, and I re-did so many parts again and again. It looked the same to everyone else but me hehe. Then the sounds took ages, then the handling/physics. I spent ages just doing lap after lap tweaking one pacejka coefficient sometimes. Silly really. But I was content that it was as good as I could reasonably make it when it finally left for release :D

I hope you guys can keep each other motivated and do a good job with the SLS... it's looking really promising. If you need any help feel free to shout on the forums as I think everyone is looking forward to a nice new scratch car of THAT car soon :D

Will be cool to have Racer the first game to have an SLS of nice quality in it, before even GT5 is released (the launch game for the SLS)... haha! :D

Dave

Thanks Dave! To be honest, i am very impressed with Mingus work, he has nice skills to do from scratch, the exterior body actually is done, raphael got the model to do a preview baked of it, and as he started the interior, i will model little details for it, the ini is almost done (ok, good part stollen from lambo murcielago (pacejka i.e) but it is keeping for the good way.

*BTW, GT5 is coming officially in 2nd november if I am not wrong, so racer will be the first game of sure with good quality SLS... raphael got forza3 and will check the quality of it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back