Audi in F1 ?

f2c41b4da8ee2ba53976a1ff6c192a4b.jpg

There are plenty of rumours that Audi will be joining in and merging with Red Bull.
Do you think it might actually happen any time soon? And could Alonso be planning to join them?

We know that honda will join F1 powering mclaren since early 2013. However, they are not completely ready with the engine yet for next year.

With that in mind, figure the odds of any engine manufacturer joining out of the blue without any confirmed partnership.
For 2015 I would say a very round 0.
For 2016 I would say very very low.
After, maybe, but for a realistic 2017 season there should be movement about now.

I can't see Audi having any interest in F1 now that WEC is more popular and exciting than ever.
Yes, but what if Audi withdraws from WEC (porsche might be taking their place?) and DTM? I think that Audi would have a lot gain if they were to enter F1 after carefull planning, it would definitely boost their prestige. .

Yes, but what if Audi withdraws from WEC (porsche might be taking their place?) and DTM? I think that Audi would have a lot gain if they were to enter F1 after carefull planning, it would definitely boost their prestige. .
Well, I personally see WEC as the more prestigeous at the moment. WEC is attracting new manufacturers (Nissan, Ferrari?) while F1 is struggling like never before. I really can't see why they would want to make that change.

Btw, regarding Alonso news... I heard a rumour that di Montezemolo could replace Dr. Ullrich at Audi. Perhaps di Montezemolo as Audi's team principal could lure Alonso to WEC too..? I'd LOVE that! :D

Audi would be commercially and strategically very foolish to enter F1

They have a lovely brand image based on...... very little really. Rallying in the early 1980s and some recent LeMans dominance.
They have a lot to lose and so little to gain.
They would be facing off one of their two key rivals in the car game. Mercedes Benz who themselves took how long to go from mid field anonymity to dominance?

If Audi want to spend say £1 Billion pounds over 3 years and get nowhere and achieve nothing they should dive right in.

Vorsprung Durch Tecnic
Volkswagen But Expensive

WEC is attracting new manufacturers (Nissan, Ferrari?)

Btw, regarding Alonso news... I heard a rumour that di Montezemolo could replace Dr. Ullrich at Audi. Perhaps di Montezemolo as Audi's team principal could lure Alonso to WEC too..? I'd LOVE that!

Hmmm these got my tinfoil hat peaking real hard! Alonso has been adamant in repeating the same thing all along these rumors "I will do what is best for Ferrari" "Whatever I do it will be the best for Ferrari" "I will help Ferrari in any way I can".
Could Ferrari be planning on entering WEC with Alonso behind the wheel?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 461 39.3%