Attacking SPA hotlaps records

i just started now at acc... don't have more than 3 days... i find it really hard to have under 2:22 lap time in SPA. using g29. is this a wheel problem or its actually that hard?

i tried even watch david perel and other guides in spa... i just cant!

im hitting the brake points even using throttle to stabilize the car... i cant get to 2:16.

my record was around 2:22:500 with mclaren and ferrari. using aggressive setups and other setups ready for download in this page.

just today i made around 200 laps. nearly quitting honestly

thx for reply whats the fastest way to record and upload a replay?
Geforce Experience - set up the manual record/save button. When you want to start recording, use it, and then the same when you want to stop recording. The file is then saved in whatever save location you configured, and you can upload immediately.

Into La Source you could be a few meters to the left before turning in. On the exit you have lots of spare room (until you turn left on the exit) so you could carry a bit more speed.
In Eau Rouge/Radillion, a smaller lift - trust the car will stay on the track.
At Les Combes, turn in earlier and use the kerb on the right, left and right. Carry more speed, especially through the final right.
You brake too much for the hairpin - you need to be braking well into the corner. At the moment you are almost entirely off the brakes before you steer (this applies to every corner though). Get on the power earlier, and stay with it - you lift again and don't really open the throttle until the car is almost straight.
Get to the right earlier and more for the left. You used good apex kerb, but had lots of room on the exit suggesting you could carry more speed.
Brake a lot earlier for Pouhon, and ease the car into the corner with the brakes still applied. You lost a second running wide here.
Turn in earlier to the right-left and hug the right hand side. In the left hander you go in too fast and too early, so you're not on the power until the exit kerb - you need to be full throttle basically at the apex of any corner (some exceptions, but not many).
Use more of the track on the left, and go in slower so you can turn the car and be at full throttle before the exit.
Fast right isn't bad, but you turn a bit too late and scrub speed trying to get to the apex. Least bad corner so far.
You brake too much (early) for the chicane, and you're off the brakes well before the first apex kerb. You then drive to the second apex - don't! Pretend you're going into the pits and hug the right, giving a much better line into the final left, so long as you can get to the apex.

Brake into every corner - trail braking. No decent driver has EVER finished braking before turning in.
Go slow enough into the corner such that you can be full throttle by the apex and still make the exit.
Turning in late is good in general, but you do it a bit too much.
Use every inch of track - if you're rear wheels aren't on the white line (or on the kerb, where applicable) at turn in and at the exit then you're losing time.

Try a different car. The Ferrari has a particular way it likes to be driven and you might prefer the Bentley or Mercedes for now, for example.

Thx for the reply, its all evident.
You are missing each apex. So that means your distance is longer and mid turn speed is lower - and consequently your speed from turn to turn is lower. Try to "cut" as much as possible, and be aggressive, which you are clearly not.

Check out this video for example, and note how he "cuts" each turn, to take each of them as straight as possible, just don`t exaggerate :)

I think your main problem is a lack of subtlety with the gas pedal.

Specifically you are too heavy-footed out of the apex of a curve, which compromises your ability to go all-out on the exit of the same curve. It is very evident in most 90 degree curves, including both time through the chicane. You would go through the finish line faster both times if you had held back some speed to put into the chicane exit.

As said above, this is probably also causing some of the instability through Eau Rouge, in that case the lift needs to be more subtle.

Thx for the reply, its all evident.
You are missing each apex. So that means your distance is longer and mid turn speed is lower - and consequently your speed from turn to turn is lower. Try to "cut" as much as possible, and be aggressive, which you are clearly not.

Check out this video for example, and note how he "cuts" each turn, to take each of them as straight as possible, just don`t exaggerate :)

Raiding the curbs that much as a beginner is tricky. The car is upset and you need to be very touchy-feely to not make it worse with your inputs. It's like balancing a bike on ice in that moment.

Alternatively you could make a suspension setup to tolerate the curb hits better and keep the car in a more tolerant state that you can't mess up as easily. Doing that is probably still faster than staying off the curbs, but you will lose some speed in the wide curves with such a setup.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%