Attacking SPA hotlaps records

i just started now at acc... don't have more than 3 days... i find it really hard to have under 2:22 lap time in SPA. using g29. is this a wheel problem or its actually that hard?

i tried even watch david perel and other guides in spa... i just cant!

im hitting the brake points even using throttle to stabilize the car... i cant get to 2:16.

my record was around 2:22:500 with mclaren and ferrari. using aggressive setups and other setups ready for download in this page.

just today i made around 200 laps. nearly quitting honestly

also tried already bentley tried around 20 laps and fix some problems and tried to be more agressive... the eau lift worked well with bentley much more confident with this car but i've seen there are some different "revs" (think its the right word :D ) from ferrari that i need to get used to and end up losing some speed in the corners.. also tried to trash around the car more but still around 2:24 2:23:500 like ferrari only tried in safe setup yet

Do you know how to setup the tire pressure?
I don't think that tire pressures or other setup changes should be a concern for him at that stage, default setups are more that good enough and capable of much better times.

The main problem of him seem, like already posted, the use of the full track width and his minimum speeds, he slows the car down way too much.

so i changed the tyre pressure to 27.5 and it was max hot 28 and changed car to lambo huracan and i have now 2:22:200 time better than my lap ever with some mistakes... even as agressive setup i can drive way better.. by just a few changes on tires can do this..

it's clear you have been doing this for too little to even try to go for laptimes,
You need to learn the basics first, as others have linked you to Aris drives videos where he explains some basics, then spends 1 month working on that. you should be able then to go under 2 :20 at spa, on the hotlap conditions. Since you posted a lap with ferrari, ill post you one lap that you can compare lines, and the way to attack corners, compared to yours

Last edited:
Driving tactic to improve pace permanently
Painter shop list.jpg

The transition seem about right for the first hairpin, but you got to do it in every corners. At the apex, it need to be slightly in deceleration.

"hold the brake pressure/flex the steering" to make the car rotate from the front, after release a brake pressure & repeat.

There are times when instead of should brake & flex the steering mid corner instead of lifting off.

I can't believe people actually pay for that...

it's clear you have been doing this for too little to even try to go for laptimes,
You need to learn the basics first, as others have linked you to Aris drives videos where he explains some basics, then spends 1 month working on that. you should be able then to go under 2 :20 at spa, on the hotlap conditions. Since you posted a lap with ferrari, ill post you one lap that you can compare lines, and the way to attack corners, compared to yours

apparently everyone does a different **** and happens to hit the 2:15 - 2:20 time and i cant even hit 2:20 i dont know how am i losing soo much time. also this abs thing i thought it would make me faster going around corners braking but even half foot it makes me lock my wheels and too little feels like im not braking at all

in my new uploaded video lambo i thought the speed corner doing it wrong cost me 0.500 secs or something but even that could not explain how i didnt got my 2:20 also the video below just showed the guy not hitting the apex aswell but still gets 2:17... i dont want to do a perfect lap or hit 2:15 but not hitting 2:20 in a hotlap/qualify setups makes a bad scenario for me

in my new uploaded video lambo i thought the speed corner doing it wrong cost me 0.500 secs or something but even that could not explain how i didnt got my 2:20 also the video below just showed the guy not hitting the apex aswell but still gets 2:17... i dont want to do a perfect lap or hit 2:15 but not hitting 2:20 in a hotlap/qualify setups makes a bad scenario for me

Don't get fooled into thinking your lost time is in the setups or tyres, just try to learn some basic racing driving techniques and practice in applying them, you can do 2:18s with the default setups.

OP do like right side

More detail:

When you're too early on throttle, the car understeer on exit & you can't floor it. You may have to redo the tire pressure setting once you get that learning curve right. You can see the lowest speed is about the same so ya need to adjust to the simulation value.

Last edited:
OP do like right side

More detail:

When you're too early on throttle, the car understeer on exit & you can't floor it. You may have to redo the tire pressure setting once you get that learning curve right. You can see the lowest speed is about the same so ya need to adjust to the simulation value.

i cant do that with such low abs the moment i rotate in i already feel the tyres locking and the oversteer too powerfull

The oversteer come when you release the brake pressure too quick. If you released it slower & also turn-in it will hold. If you don't turn-in it will oversteer.

It makes no sense, but that's how it feel like.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back