ATI Video Cards + Drivers

I play race with like 200fps but when turning on antialising the game throws me out after a few seconds.......or more right steam does, telling me something is wrong.....why???? plz can anyone help me out here?

Now im begining to get pissed.....i can race even for some laps and then it crash out but after a few seconds im back in the game but then the sound is gone...why why why? Have been playing around with Carhalyst settings but nothing seems to help.
Damn i want to have AA on, its a completly diffrent game with it.

Ok thx.....Brands hatch i can go a few laps but at Brno the drivers give up every time im going under the first bridge...... Bahh i will give the computer a format c: this weekend but probebly even that want help........frustrating when the fps is so good and it want be able to turn on AA, bought a 40" screen for a while ago and then the game looks so much better with AA on, thats why i want to have this fixed now, before it dident do so much diffrent but on this its like night and day.

ATI & Vista 64

Hi all,

I gave Vista 64 a shot, now I have the problem that from time to time my ATI driver dies. I get first a few ballons informing be about that and now a few times I had a blue screen (thought those days are over). Under XP32 my adapter was running without any flaw! Just updated the drivers but happened again. So far it only happened when I was task switching out of GTR Evo, never while in game.

Having a 3870 using latest drivers. Any ideas?

Brilliant.... it is a known issue under Vista.... (was googling today through forums, but the ATI forums has a dedicated thread about it)

Nobody knows the root cause for it, most people having the problem are running on Vista (64), modern ATI Graphics Adapter and Dual Screen.
Some people fixed it with some obscure means, lets see ...

Means for me, if it persists, back to XP!

• David Hal

Strange,
im running Vista x64 about 1 year,
never had any problem with it.

I dont know if you have still Vista x64 installed on your computer,
but i can send you the CCC8.10 driver version 1.0 (without the hotfix for FarCry2)

I think you should uninstall all drivers, then run driver cleaner, can be found on Guru3d.com. Reboot without the drivers and install the latest driver.
Then update the directx files to the latest, see this threat:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/mem...pdate-below-directx-november-2008-update.html

Do not use any oveclocking tools you get with the motherboard, only overclock by setting some settings in the bios.

Sorry to hear you got this problem. All I could suggest is indeed make sure you use the latest drivers, have a clean healthy spy and virusfree computer and make sure your temps are right for your card and your proc.

Since I got the same card with a E6600 proc and run everything in max settings with AI on within the game and have 0 problems and get 30+ fps always. Not overclocked neither. ( use game settings in ATI control panel ).

So it should work proper just need to find out where your problem or bottleneck is.

Edit: Just realised I got the 3870...not that it is much faster though.

Will look at this fix, interesting enough, there is another thread ongoing about NVidea cards, showing the same behaviour. That's what I actually read in other forums as well, that it is not an ATI only problem.

I keep you posted on success or not!

David, Ben, are you running Dual Screen with different resolutions on both screens (that was the most common pattern on the ATI forum, showing the problem)?

• David Hal

Im running Dual screens.
They are both 22'' crt monitors running at 1920x1440 75hz.

I think you should uninstall all drivers, then run driver cleaner, can be found on Guru3d.com. Reboot without the drivers and install the latest driver.
Then update the directx files to the latest, see this threat:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/mem...pdate-below-directx-november-2008-update.html

Do not use any oveclocking tools you get with the motherboard, only overclock by setting some settings in the bios.
I am not using any overclocking.

So I have done these, to early to judge whether it helped or not, but....:)
The tool has done something that makes me see now only see 3.25 GB RAM of my 4, before I saw all 4. Any idea?

Btw. after the guru3d.com I used another one called Driver Cleaner Pro (also free), which found more files afterwards (but at that time I was already running on 3.25GB).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%