ATI Tray Tools users?

I've just swapped out my nVidia 9600GT for a Radeon HD4870 and was wondering if anyone here is also running RBR on an AMD card? If so, what settings do you use in ATITrayTools to get the best picture quality. I have Supersampling working ok but am wondering if there's a 'preferred' bunch of settings for RBR.

I'm running HD4830, but TBH I don't event install CCC or ATiTrayTools. One of the reasons is that forced AA causes the joints on the roads to appear and it's just fugly, so I just stick to maxing out the default settings. If you get some nice results don't hesitate to post, that might be just enough to lure me into installing the full driver package next time around ;).

Yeah, those lines are horrible! On my nVidia card I could enable Supersampling which does AA on the whole image, not just edges and so you don't get the lines. I can't get the Radeon to do it though (contrary to my post above), it only seems to want to supersample transparent textures and multisample the rest of the image; resulting in fuglyness! Looks like I'll just stick with the jaggies for now.
On the upside, Tervaniemi 15Km now runs perfectly, so I'm happy.

looks the 4xxx series cards can't do proper supersampling AA in DX9 games. I tried a bit of a hack to enable it last night but had no luck (works fine for OpenGL apparently). Bit of a shame as there are noticeable jaggies at my monitor's native 1680x1050 resolution.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%