ATI HD4450 good enough?

KS95

RACER Moderator
Is an ATI HD4450 good enough to run Racer smoothly? (yes.. I know.. it's an ATI)

Sadly I'm on a budget and the budget has been lowered... :|

I'm the opposite. Overclocked quad-core i7 and 24GB of overclocked DDR3 RAM is more than enough, but though I can make minimum requirements, I can't reach the recommended specs because I don't have a graphics card to match. I'll put this next bit in bold so that someone who migh know will be able to see it at a glance:

Is it possible to overclock a graphics card, and is it worth doing?

Gizmo, I have 2 1/2 guitars already :p (1 is stripped and in need of all new parts and 1 is shared with my band's drummer)

Come on, one of you guys must have a bit of money to share :D

You know I do. But I shared my advice already, and you can't have both.

It's possible (generally the difference between graphics cards in a model line is just clock speeds and memory, for the most part) but of course it's associated with more cooling issues and some graphics cards are already running pretty close to the fastest they can.

My single core Pentium 4 sadly fails that test :p I guess that's why I can only get 30-40fps in Racer.

Fifty, I'll tell you where you can put your advise and where to send me the money ;)

I'll have to get some pics of the PC when it's done lol. And definitely in-game screenies :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 330 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 168 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%