ATI 4890 stuttering

How much did the card cost ya Eric?

Glad its sorted. I remember when I had SLI problems just before the last Enduro Race. Nightmare. All I had to was swap the cards around.

How much did the card cost ya Eric?

Glad its sorted. I remember when I had SLI problems just before the last Enduro Race. Nightmare. All I had to was swap the cards around.

$250 pretty inexpensive if you consider the top of the line NVIDIA is over $500. Plus there are no sells tax in Oregon.

I wont give it my 2 thumbs up until I get more time to drive with it.

Exactly, if it work's there's no need to fix it.

Working in the software industry I dont agree with that. New device drivers are usually improving performance, fixing bugs, etc. However, Sim racing games are not best sellers, so I have the feeling they dont get as much testing as some of the first person shooters go.

Well it's all personal really, but with Video card driver's an update can / will usually improve performance but it can also have bugs, like freezing as such which people have been getting, so for me I just stick to a certain set of driver's I know work perfect for me personally rather then run the risk of gaining a problem updating for the sake of an unneeded 2 fps.

Good to hear the issue is resolved. Hoping to buy this card once I sell some other crap.

It took yet another couple of hours to get everything going on WIndows7. However, now I have all the in-game settings set to Max and I am getting about 270fps. We will know today how it goes after a 90mins F1 race. Crossing my fingers.

Hope it goes well! Should be good I think :)

Thanks!! I hope so. I will be in haven if I dont ever see an Evo freeze again. I would also like to add that the image looks brighter and sharper (I am using a 1080p overhead projector with a 130in screen in a dedicated home theater room). I am not a AMD/ATI fan, BUT their black levels seem different to NVIDIA. HD 1080p movies looks fabulous on the screen since the switch.

so far I give the 4890 :good::good:

Yup, it's because it's a newer generation, you would of found the same if you went with the GTX275, image quality much better then the old Generations.

Sounds like your enjoying it anyway, it's a very powerful card, will last you for some time.

It took yet another couple of hours to get everything going on WIndows7. However, now I have all the in-game settings set to Max and I am getting about 270fps. We will know today how it goes after a 90mins F1 race. Crossing my fingers.

270fps?!?!?!?!? :eek:

Do you use a program to display the fps whilst playing or is it recorded to view after you've finished?

Also, if you don't mind my asking, what sort of spec is your system as I'm having issues with a similar card?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 324 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.3%