ASUS ROG Bezel Free Kit installed on 32" Monitors

I just thought I would share that I have successfully adapted the very interesting Asus ROG Bezel Free kit to a triple setup using LG 32" monitors. The results are actually pretty good, so much so I would suggest for other racers annoyed by bezels on their triple setups. All it really requires is a few clear plexi-glass extensions for the mounts (See attached images) as the actual bezel panels are long enough to cover a 32" screen. Once everything is installed it is very secure and just requires minor adjustment of the triple configuration in each game as the bezel compensation is no longer required in software. Here are the dimensions for the small extensions i made:

Qty 2 (Top Mount) - 1" x 2.875"
Qty 2 (Bottom Mount) - 2" x 2.875"

Keep in mind the extensions height may require slight adjustment for your specific monitors. Mine are LG 32GK850-B.

Attachments

• IMG_4014.jpg
    IMG_4014.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9,256
  • IMG_4015.jpg
    IMG_4015.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10,579
  • IMG_4013.jpg
    IMG_4013.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9,896
  • IMG_4016.jpg
    IMG_4016.jpg
    1,006.8 KB · Views: 10,920
Glad you like these and posted how you were able to make them work for you. I have been considering a set but was not sure I could use them with my 27" Viewsonic monitors because the back of my monitors is not completely flat. Some reviews that I read complained about them making dark sections which seemed like they could have been the result of forcing the lenses to fit monitors that were not shaped right? I'm not sure but your pictures look great and some others I have seen do as well so I think the alignment needs to be perfect. Could you possibly post a picture of how they attach in the back?

Upvote 0
I think that Asus improved the clarity of the bezel panels since the additional run as honestly they are barely even noticeable when sitting in the cockpit and especially when driving. The mounts included seem to be very flexible as they are spring loaded and have a wide range of adjustment. I have attached the requested pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_4025.jpg
    IMG_4025.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,509
  • IMG_4026.jpg
    IMG_4026.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,044
Upvote 0
Thanks for posting and hope you enjoy these.
Can you show and talk about any issues with colour grading the bezels add as it seems more noticeable on some displayed images/screen backgrounds than others?

Maybe less noticeable in a darker room?
The question being is it that annoying or any issues?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't say I have encountered any annoying issues so far really, but they are very noticeable on completely black screens such as loading screens. So far there I really only notice a very slight darkening of the section under the bezel panel, but it is very very slight and not noticeable during driving.

Even calmer games such as American Truck Simulator when used with the TrackIR they aren't really apparent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just got my bezel free kit, and trying to make it work onto my tripple 32in curved. Could you show us a more detailed picture of what you did with the plexi-glass and the mount.

Upvote 0
There was no modification to the mounts at all. Basically the small plexiglass extensions are inserted into the mounts instead of the bezel panels. Since the mounts have spring loaded arms you basically hold the bezel panel on the monitor while placing the mount with the plexiglass inserted over the top (or bottom) of the bezel panel and monitor clamping it in place. The panels are clamped in place against the surface of the screen by the tension of the spring loaded mount arms.

Attachments

• IMG_4014.jpg
    IMG_4014.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,555
  • IMG_4015.jpg
    IMG_4015.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,823
  • IMG_4025.jpg
    IMG_4025.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,484
  • IMG_4026.jpg
    IMG_4026.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,547
Upvote 0
There was no modification to the mounts at all. Basically the small plexiglass extensions are inserted into the mounts instead of the bezel panels. Since the mounts have spring loaded arms you basically hold the bezel panel on the monitor while placing the mount with the plexiglass inserted over the top (or bottom) of the bezel panel and monitor clamping it in place. The panels are clamped in place against the surface of the screen by the tension of the spring loaded mount arms.

Correct me if I am wrong. So basically insert the plexi-glass into the original slots, then use that to clamp that actual ROG bezel merge plastic piece into place.

Upvote 0
Saw that last night and it is cool to see that it seems to work well on when doubled like that. It cracks me up that he keeps talking about how this triple 65" setup gives him so many opportunities for his channel and what not. You don't need to sell us like you wife Will. I love his enthusiasm and like his videos, the justification of this just makes me laugh though. I want a video of him with his new VR setup he is using a lot sitting in front of those 3 65" 4K displays.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back