Sell ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ROG STRIX OC GAMING

For sale is my ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ROG STRIX OC GAMING 11GB GDDR5X VR Ready Graphics Card (3584 Core, 1569MHz GPU, 1683MHz Boost).

Never been overclocked outside of factory overclock preset (this is the OC edition of the card).

Will update post with pictures later today.

Looking for £550 including UK postage, payment by PayPal F&F or can be collected from central Scotland.

Last edited:
Hi there.

I'm not really in the market for a vga card right now as I sold my GTX 980ti a few months back and have been saving up ready for the release of the next generation of Nvidia GPU's.

I noticed your card for sale which is a good price. At the risk of being a little cheeky I currently have £470 remaining on my Paypal balance and If you would see your way to accepting this lower offer for your card I could do an immediate transfer.

Sorry in advance If the offer is a little low but If you don't try then you can't succeed and I simply can't afford to go any higher at the moment.

Thank you for your time.

Best wishes,

Richard.

Card now sold via Gumtree and being collected tonight, many thanks to everyone for their interest :thumbsup:
Excellent, glad you (I assume?) got what you were asking for in the end. Perfect timing too, the RTX 20XX cards are being announced in a few hours and if the rumours are true then the RTX 2070 will outperform the current GTX 1080Ti for around $400. We shall see later today!

If nothing else it should see the price of used 1080Ti cards tumble for those of us in the market.

Thanks again for all your advice by PM, Vinny. It was very much appreciated.

They make it deliberately confusing I think.
Should make the 1080ti a good buy if retailers start trying to offload their excess stock to make room for the new cards.
I have a GTX1070 that for the most part holds 60fps, max my monitor can do but some extra punch for VR would be nice. Just wonder if my i5 6600k clocked at 4ghz will be bottle neck?

Thanks! @Mascot it went for £550 via Gumtree but looking at the prices for the new cards I probably could have held out for more.

Was going to pre-order an Asus RTX 2080ti OC Edition but it's a cool £1339.99 :O_o:

Thanks! @Mascot it went for £550 via Gumtree but looking at the prices for the new cards I probably could have held out for more.

That price seems fair enough. They seem to go for between £500-£550 on eBay but you can take 15% off that for eBay and PayPal fees.

Was going to pre-order an Asus RTX 2080ti OC Edition but it's a cool £1339.99 :O_o:

Yep, I think I'll be keeping my 980Ti for a while yet. It's still beastly enough for my needs.

@Mascot
Yep, I think I'll be keeping my 980Ti for a while yet. It's still beastly enough for my needs.[/QUOTE]

Good decision, I have the Asus 980ti and 1080ti giga , 1080ti was a wasted money my end , the jump in fps was not noticeable enough vr for me .

I came from a 1070 and I got around 25% better performance with the 1080ti, not so much with fps but with how much supersampling I could run.

Not sure if im going to buy an RTX 2080ti, but at this point I'll probably just stick with the remaining 1080ti that I have until there's titles that will utilise the RTX technology that I'm actually going to play.

Good decision, I have the Asus 980ti and 1080ti giga , 1080ti was a wasted money my end , the jump in fps was not noticeable enough vr for me .

I'm more than happy running a locked 45/ASW (and I only play Assetto Corsa) so it would be more about larger grids (especially with the night mod) and higher SS rather than maintaining 90fps. I've never OC'd my 6600k or 980Ti so might give that a go for the bluescreen giggles.

I'm more than happy running a locked 45/ASW (and I only play Assetto Corsa) so it would be more about larger grids (especially with the night mod) and higher SS rather than maintaining 90fps. I've never OC'd my 6600k or 980Ti so might give that a go for the bluescreen giggles.

How do you force lock it to 45/ASW? I'm only playing AC also.

Are you running SS?

How do you force lock it to 45/ASW? I'm only playing AC also.

Are you running SS?
It's a setting in Content Manager in the Video section, I think. You can cap the framerate. Anything under 90fps should force ASW.
I cap mine at 46fps I think, just to be safe.
I'm running 1.4 SS.

The new full-reflection mirror mod makes me want to run Ilja's shader patch all the time now, but it seems really well optimised. After testing some overclocks this evening I really think my 980ti is all I really need right now.

Last edited:
It's a setting in Content Manager in the Video section, I think. You can cap the framerate. Anything under 90fps should force ASW.
I cap mine at 46fps I think, just to be safe.
I'm running 1.4 SS.

The new full-reflection mirror mod makes me want to run Ilja's shader patch all the time now, but it seems really well optimised. After testing some overclocks this evening I really think my 980ti is all I really need right now.

I'll give that a shot. The hiccups when other cars on the screen can be a bit jarring.

I'm not sure how well our 980ti's will hold up with AC:C and VR. I plan to overclock then and see if it'll hang in there.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.5%