Assists during MP

Probably old news....I didn't know that server assist settings overruled the assists in the realism options menu. For the ones reading this and being just as confused as i was, here an example.
If in the option menu assists are off, and the server has the setting TC and ABS factory defaults or forced on, the assists are turned on despite the settings in the option menu. The realism options menu has only effect on the SP part of the game. The assits of the MP part are ruled by the server.
If you want to race without assits, you must turn them off. I didnt know that, which means i raced races with assists on. I didn't understand why i was so fast during races....now i know.

'Factory' means you are racing the car as if you are in a Simulation. We are Sim-Racers. That's the way the real car works.

It's why some of us have Paddles, Sequential shifters and H-Shifters that we change between for specific cars.

If you feel the need to make it harder than reality, go ahead, but then it is no longer a Sim, by definition, is it? :D

The majority of Racedepartment club servers run the cars with "Factory" settings. This means the car has it's electrical aids set to their real-life counterpart. So if you're driving a Ferrari 458 Italia, then the ABS is factory standard as "ON". Basically, you can only use driving aids, if that particular car allows them in real life.

When set to factory, you can toggle any assists on or off or to cycle through settings, on the fly. So when you're in the cockpit of the car, you can toggle ABS and TC using:
  • Ctrl+A for ABS
  • Ctrl+T for Traction Control

The majority of Racedepartment club servers run the cars with "Factory" settings. This means the car has it's electrical aids set to their real-life counterpart. So if you're driving a Ferrari 458 Italia, then the ABS is factory standard as "ON". Basically, you can only use driving aids, if that particular car allows them in real life.

When set to factory, you can toggle any assists on or off or to cycle through settings, on the fly. So when you're in the cockpit of the car, you can toggle ABS and TC using:so saying that chris how is the abarth set up in the league , factory settings ?
  • Ctrl+A for ABS
  • Ctrl+T for Traction Control

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%