Assistance with setting up a car that oversteers at 7th corner of Zandvoort

I managed to get 1:46.9, with Lotus Evora GTE, at Zandvoort with medium tires.

This occurs after braking from 5th to 4th gear, releasing brake, and then turning my steering wheel 35 degrees to the right. The car will spin out, with no real chance of recovery at the 7th corner of Zandvoort (link).

May someone suggest a tune suitable, without softening the front dampers? They are currently at 15 of 20.

Here is a screenshot of all the setup settings in an excel spreadsheet.

The link to the actual excel file is here (link).

The setup ini file saved and read by Assetto Corsa (Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups\lotus_evora_gtc\ks_zandvoort), is here.

Attachments

• evora_gtc_05_7thcorner.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 239
  • lotevogte_zv_1469.jpg
    lotevogte_zv_1469.jpg
    687.3 KB · Views: 253
Could you specify which car you drive exactly?
Setup says GTC, Excel sheet says GTE. Your setup on the GTE doesn't make sense as it doesn't have any damper settings.

After that, we can help you :)

I think you mean the GTC though! Your lap time isn't really fast I fear and the setup looks quite off for Zandvoort.
Tomorrow I can write some in depth explanation about what I'd change or not and why but first we need to make sure we're talking about the same car!

Anyway, here's a setup of mine. Just quickly loaded yours into the GTC, did 3 laps and adjusted things as I think (studying mechanical engineering so I have at least some basic knowledge about car settings).
Try it, tell me which car and we can talk :)

Attachments

• evora_gtc_RasmusP_01.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 269
Liked to setup and drive these cars some years ago, and unfortunately there is little you can do setup wise to fix it without messing it up for the rest of the track.

What you could do is to crank up rear bump damping (mostly fast bump) and reduce rebound (again mostly fast, don't go below 5 on normal rebound) and compensate the loss in grip with -2 (or more) on rear ARB as well as +10% on coast diff, it will help with that corner if your line is correct there.

Thou with 1:46.9 i fear that you are just approaching the corner in a wrong way. (unless you gave us setup for wrong car as Rasmus mentions XD)
There is a camber change and a bump at T7 that needs a proper stance to get through. Slow down early to make sure front is not loaded when approaching apex and don't be on the limit cornering wise too, as that will overload the rear outside and spin you out.

Lastly this corner is after a very hard right turn so you might be overheating the rear left tyre so see if less pressure helps. Actually pressures are the first thing you should set up anyways.

Tomorrow I can write some in depth explanation about what I'd change or not and why but first we need to make sure we're talking about the same car!
I'm blaming the flow chart & the understeer/oversteer setup guide, because it doesn't take account of what is important to understand.

He's not the first one to have the ARB reversed, because it is written that arb lead to understeer/oversteer on either end part which is too vague to the point it's almost idiotic.

What about updating the documentation & note some essential stuff as sticky. Like hmm all open wheeler suspension geometry look about the same. :rolleyes:

@RasmusP, the setup was a big help, and the car was a GTC; sorry for the mix up. I've gotten a bit better at knowing when the car is likely to oversteer, and counter steer accordingly.

Due to taking most of the corners in a higher gear than I should have, was another likely cause of high lap time.

I've managed to get 1:44.8, after lowering the downforce from 10 to 8..

In case anyone's interested here's graph showing before and after, of the damper & ARB settings.
https://imgur.com/Gc9Ihzg

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%