Skins Assistance with Fairlady Z model/Texture map

Seeking assistance with a Fairlady Z model which is listed for download over on ac.totsugeki.

I am hoping to replicate some historic racing skins for this model, as well as tinker with the performance data. However, in the showroom, the car appears completely crystalline and does not appear to have any recognizable map or AO. I'm not too savvy with models and file types, so am not sure what is going on here? Assuming the model was rendered and converted to AC in a way that is different compared to typical models?

Otherwise, in game the car functions and looks fantastic. So it's very confusing.

Anyways, if there is some way to generate or implement a map for this car to paint, or explain what is going wrong here, I'd appreciate any assistance or info.

custom_showroom_1638775287.jpg

11260_1.png

Encryption was certainly something that crossed my mind, but wasn’t aware that was actually possible. Makes sense though.

Shame that it seems private, as it is by far the most accurate representation of a Datsun Z car in Assetto. I might track down the author, but if the car is intended to be privately distributed, I wouldn’t want to work with it as I would want my skins and the car publicly available for anyone to download.

Thanks kindly for the info though!

Encryption was certainly something that crossed my mind, but wasn’t aware that was actually possible. Makes sense though.

Shame that it seems private, as it is by far the most accurate representation of a Datsun Z car in Assetto. I might track down the author, but if the car is intended to be privately distributed, I wouldn’t want to work with it as I would want my skins and the car publicly available for anyone to download.

Thanks kindly for the info though!
Encryption is mostly used to camouflage the use of ripped model files, as we can't check the model or its textures in CM. As in that great model originates from Forza, Need4Speed or Gran Turismo most likely.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%